Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Out for the season. Isaako to fullback.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor guy just can't catch a break
The break he caught was in the pay packet. I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't earning huge money to partake in his chosen hobby as a career. I'd love to earn a six figure salary to spend one day a week fishing even if I had to work hard all week maintaining a boat and doing other skills to increase my fishing skills. I'd happily cop any injury for the kind of pay package he'd be on. Spare some of your sympathy for the people working jobs they hate on a tiny portion of an NRL players salary.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looked like an ACL the way he limped off as he wasn't bending the knee and the way he reacted it's like he'd felt it before.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The break he caught was in the pay packet. I'd feel sorry for him if he wasn't earning huge money to partake in his chosen hobby as a career. I'd love to earn a six figure salary to spend one day a week fishing even if I had to work hard all week maintaining a boat and doing other skills to increase my fishing skills. I'd happily cop any injury for the kind of pay package he'd be on. Spare some of your sympathy for the people working jobs they hate on a tiny portion of an NRL players salary.
Just saying it isn't nice to see anyone injured, regardless of chasing a pay packet or not

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Professional players don't play just for the money, mostly they simply love to play the game, that they most likely have been playing since they were in primary school, to compete, to train and face up to the challenges with their mates. They are miserable when they aren't playing, that's why they work so hard in recovery to get back on the field.

Go Dogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It has fucked my SC draft lol. I had JFH demoted from starting, CHN gone and now Bird ... Been a rough week haha

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just saying it isn't nice to see anyone injured, regardless of chasing a pay packet or not
Professional players don't play just for the money, mostly they simply love to play the game, that they most likely have been playing since they were in primary school, to compete, to train and face up to the challenges with their mates. They are miserable when they aren't playing, that's why they work so hard in recovery to get back on the field.

Go Dogs
My point still is that despite injury being a setback for him, he's still going to have a better income while he's out than most people can hope for. So to me that's a big plus for him. He caught a break. I have a cousin that was highly rated as a junior at West's. He never grew enough to make an impact past his 17th birthday despite having plenty of talent as a hooker. He's about 5'4, plays like a lunatic defensively, but has had multiple shoulder reconstructions and has to earn a living as a bricklayer. He still plays for nothing on weekends and is generally among the standouts in the games I've seen him play.

I'm not saying that I relish seeing players injured (with the exception of C. Smith), but I'd rather be injured playing a game I loved than to be a tiler that has a bad back at 22 from the job (like one of my nephew's) that will never see a moment of glory or much financial benefit.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My point still is that despite injury being a setback for him, he's still going to have a better income while he's out than most people can hope for. So to me that's a big plus for him. He caught a break. I have a cousin that was highly rated as a junior at West's. He never grew enough to make an impact past his 17th birthday despite having plenty of talent as a hooker. He's about 5'4, plays like a lunatic defensively, but has had multiple shoulder reconstructions and has to earn a living as a bricklayer. He still plays for nothing on weekends and is generally among the standouts in the games I've seen him play.

I'm not saying that I relish seeing players injured (with the exception of C. Smith), but I'd rather be injured playing a game I loved than to be a tiler that has a bad back at 22 from the job (like one of my nephew's) that will never see a moment of glory or much financial benefit.
Bad back at 22. He’s putting it on. I played local footy till I was late 20’s plus worked a trade since 16. Body is only falling apart now as I near 40.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone who picked Bird deserves to feel let down tbh, this was more predictable than a Sutton being at the centre of a referee decision controversy

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score

Your cousin is obviously not built for rugby league if his body has cracked at 22

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wait, JFH what?
Yeah man I dunno if it's for this week only but their starting back row is;
11. Martin
12. Kikau
13. Yeo.
Personally I think Cleary is an idiot, Yeo should be 14 so they can run a heavy front row rotation and still sub Kikau on the edge if required

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah man I dunno if it's for this week only but their starting back row is;
11. Martin
12. Kikau
13. Yeo.
Personally I think Cleary is an idiot, Yeo should be 14 so they can run a heavy front row rotation and still sub Kikau on the edge if required
As if he isn't at lock ahead of Yeo...who's starting frontrow? Tamou and ??

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
As if he isn't at lock ahead of Yeo...who's starting frontrow? Tamou and ??
Tetevano is starting with him. JFH did have a minor pec injury apparently so I'm hoping this is just precautions early in the season