Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Social media mainly. And the WHO and CDC who both said that it's likely to become a pandemic soon. People heard that and freaked out. Not really the WHO or CDC's fault though. They can only report what the facts.
it all stems from the media.. it's just like everything else, they play both sides.. it's just like the climate change situation where they put on a massive fear campaign, and then had some of their people talking down on others for protesting... pretty much why I can't understand how people can watch the news, as they are being taken for fools

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't trust any of those scumbags in Hollywood and I really hope Weinstein squeals loud
Weinstein is a grub..but what gets me is Jolle and Paltrow..when they got to be ‘big players’ Hollywood didn’t say jackshit about Weinstein..And allowed him to continue with his stuff.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Weinstein is a grub..but what gets me is Jolle and Paltrow..when they got to be ‘big players’ Hollywood didn’t say jackshit about Weinstein..And allowed him to continue with his stuff.
that's right, and Harvey would be one of many, I mean you hear a lot of rumours, many from actors and people in tinsel town themselves... there has to be some pieces of truth amongst it all

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
it all stems from the media.. it's just like everything else, they play both sides.. it's just like the climate change situation where they put on a massive fear campaign, and then had some of their people talking down on others for protesting... pretty much why I can't understand how people can watch the news, as they are being taken for fools
From what I've seen, the media has been pretty straight forward and factual with it. They even ran sections saying that there's a lot of misinformation and telling people not to fear. That's with exception of the current affairs programs. They do what they always do.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen, the media has been pretty straight forward and factual with it. They even ran sections saying that there's a lot of misinformation and telling people not to fear. That's with exception of the current affairs programs. They do what they always do.
Gotta love that, telling people not to fear after convincing people to fear :tearsofjoy:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta love that, telling people not to fear after convincing people to fear :tearsofjoy:
I agree..it’s like the scientist in Queensland..he said it kill half of Australia..next breath ..but don’t panic..

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People that I told two weeks ago to load up on toilet paper are now whimpering at me, tail between legs, broken saying they are just about out.

Asking me to spare a roll. Far out what has this world come to.. they gotta plan better, I teach people to fish, not fish for them.

Tonight I'm gonna grab as much toilet paper as I can , I know the hot spot to get some... Strike when The irons hot

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People that I told two weeks ago to load up on toilet paper are now whimpering at me, tail between legs, broken saying they are just about out.

Asking me to spare a roll. Far out what has this world come to.. they gotta plan better, I teach people to fish, not fish for them.

Tonight I'm gonna grab as much toilet paper as I can , I know the hot spot to get some... Strike when The irons hot
images.jpeg

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree Hacky..Media has been a bit of a shocker.. First the headlines are we are all doomed..than don’t panic.. Truly.. I mean for instance today in the Daily Telegraph.. now I know this is trash but it’s a popular paper..the headline ‘The Aussies most likely to die from Coronavirus’.. I mean there’s a fear inducing headline right there..How’s this For a beginning of first line..A shocking study has found..

Thats fear mongering right there..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree..it’s like the scientist in Queensland..he said it kill half of Australia..next breath ..but don’t panic..

if you ask me I think we should be more concerned about real issues, such as the amount of people who are attacked or killed due to alcohol, not some made up 'virus'

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chief medical officer in Australia says a pandemic in Aus could be between 8-16 weeks. Likely for April / may.

I'd say at least 150 rolls is needed in your inventory.. otherwise caught with your pants down literally

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chief medical officer in Australia says a pandemic in Aus could be between 8-16 weeks. Likely for April / may.

I'd say at least 150 rolls is needed in your inventory.. otherwise caught with your pants down literally
that's alright, I live by the lake

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
if you ask me I think we should be more concerned about real issues, such as the amount of people who are attacked or killed due to alcohol, not some made up 'virus'
I still think it’s dangerous..and we need to take precautions..but media feed off this..Scare first to get people in..than deliver information.. Classic media strategy..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still think it’s dangerous..and we need to take precautions..but media feed off this..Scare first to get people in..than deliver information.. Classic media strategy..
I just think it will be forgotten about in a few weeks.. just like a few weeks ago I said that the "futures on fire" thing would be a distant memory, which it is... something new will replace Corona soon

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
True. But it's either that or lie to people, like the Chinese government is asking people to do. Apparently reporters are getting strongly worded letters from the Chinese government if they mention that the virus originated in China

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree Hacky..Media has been a bit of a shocker.. First the headlines are we are all doomed..than don’t panic.. Truly.. I mean for instance today in the Daily Telegraph.. now I know this is trash but it’s a popular paper..the headline ‘The Aussies most likely to die from Coronavirus’.. I mean there’s a fear inducing headline right there..How’s this For a beginning of first line..A shocking study has found..

Thats fear mongering right there..
Yeah, admittedly that is a bit over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.