News Schoolgirl sex scandal costs Bulldogs new $2 million sponsorship

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if this will knock off the Corona Virus from the front page of newspapers
It sort of had bulldogs sex scandel is 2/3 of the front page telegraph 1/3 ventilators being purchase because of the Corona virus

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m sure they would have wheeled this out as the Family owned restaurant chain, for the family club. Values aligned and emphasis on ‘family values’. Only problem is the timing, hard to promote family values when a couple of the
Players who appear to be in long term relationships, go and cheat on their partners.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if they already had an add out of knockunbur throwing down oysters at the family restsurant.
Now that would of been some funny shit

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever happens, we cannot be running around with a blank jersey all season. It will just remind one and all how much of a clusterfuck we actually are.

That 19 CB 35 logo needs to go on there ASAP.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
While it appears devastating at first glance, pulling the pin maybe just a negotiating tactic. Don't be at all surprised if Rashays come back to the table with an offer once this is settled.
Yeah it's a possibility. There's no way a company will want to look like they endorse what happened by coming on board a couple of days after what happened.

After they hand out punishments they might come back.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone still want to down play their actions now?

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who is this Matt Attard guy and does he have any form in having actual inside info or is he just another Twitter big mouth who parrots gossip?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who is this Matt Attard guy and does he have any form in having actual inside info or is he just another Twitter big mouth who parrots gossip?
Haha it's a loooooong story. I would be taking anything he says with a massive grain of salt.

Reactions: jof

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Jeez.

If I was in this position and had a decision on sponsoring the club or not . I know I would proceed .

How much publicity is this company missing out on ?

Isn’t that the name of the game ? Get maximum exposure for your brand name ..

In my opinion any sponsor me looking to get involved in sponsoring an NRL club a flirting with a very fine line .. it’s a double edged sword that can swing either way ..

If rashays had released a comment condemning the actions of the players but commending the club for the pro active measures taken and that they share the same community values and look forward to building a strong relationship with Canterbury-Bankstown brand ... I would have imagined that would have endeared them to thousands of supporters and already given them value for money ...

You can’t put a price on free or extra publicity
That's true - and their final position may depend on the final outcome of the process with the players.
So likely blank jerseys for tomorrow night, but maybe not the whole season.
Once can only hope that all the hard work to secure the sponsorship has not gone to complete waste.
I do note that both the club and Rashay's made a firm 'no comment' this morning.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Bulldogs continue to be the laughing stock of the NRL. Worst run club with the worst coach and worst roster.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
as a bulldogs fan, supporter, member i would have no issue with the club sacking both players effective immediately

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
While it appears devastating at first glance, pulling the pin maybe just a negotiating tactic. Don't be at all surprised if Rashays come back to the table with an offer once this is settled.
Or potentially just finding a better time to announce it, which obviously wouldn't work today.
One can only hope that all the hard work done by the club to secure the sponsorship isn't totally down the drain.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Jeez.

If I was in this position and had a decision on sponsoring the club or not . I know I would proceed .

How much publicity is this company missing out on ?

Isn’t that the name of the game ? Get maximum exposure for your brand name ..

In my opinion any sponsor me looking to get involved in sponsoring an NRL club a flirting with a very fine line .. it’s a double edged sword that can swing either way ..

If rashays had released a comment condemning the actions of the players but commending the club for the pro active measures taken and that they share the same community values and look forward to building a strong relationship with Canterbury-Bankstown brand ... I would have imagined that would have endeared them to thousands of supporters and already given them value for money ...

You can’t put a price on free or extra publicity
Yeah, with the club taking the correct stance straight away the sponsor could definitely have turned it for their use and good!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Teddy...love em too...but what's in it for them?

Our claim to fame, and the 2 parties mutual value, was family.

The 2 players own families would be shattered at this time.

Maybe after the players are dealt with. They've faced the music. Publicly apologised to the club and the rest, then maybe Rashays can pick up the pieces with us going forward.
Rashays should stick with the dogs and honour the sponsorship.
They are a family restaurant and when families are in crisis they should stick together, stick solid.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this week - hang them out to dry

next week - redemption stories

the media will milk this for as long as possible

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The Bulldogs schoolgirl sex scandal has cost the club a $2 million major sponsorship deal with family restaurant chain Rashays.

The Bulldogs were on the verge of announcing a deal on Tuesday night, having agreed to terms with Rashays after long-time sponsor Kia left the club for the Brisbane Broncos this year.

Canterbury captain Josh Jackson, who is not involved in the scandal, appears without a sponsor on his jersey at the NRL season launch. Two other players have been suspended by the club.Credit:NRL.com

However after the Bulldogs contacted Rashays to inform them that two players, Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor, had been stood down for having consensual sex with high school girls they met in Port Macquarie, the restaurant chain pulled out of the deal. The girls were above the age of consent and there is no criminal investigation.

The Bulldogs allowed Rashays to withdraw from the deal to which they had agreed in the days prior given their status as a family restaurant chain.

The Herald has also obtained an image of the new jerseys with the Rashays brand on the front, which had been designed as a display model that would have been produced in time for Thursday night's season opener against the Parramatta Eels at Bankwest Stadium.

The Bulldogs had been on the verge of signing Rashay's as a main sponsor.

It is understood the jerseys were approved for manufacturing on Monday and were sent off to be printed, with some sent to Rashays.

The Herald contacted Rashays owner Rami Ykmour and the Canterbury Bulldogs on Wednesday morning, however both declined to comment.

Canterbury had spent the offseason searching for a major sponsor, with captain Josh Jackson appearing at last week's NRL launch as the only club representative wearing a jersey without a sponsor.

The incident involving Okunbor and Harawira-Naera occurred in Port Macquarie before the club's trial match against Canberra on February 29.

There had been no complaints made by the two 17-year-old girls who came back to the team hotel and engaged in consensual sex.

Bulldogs chief executive Andrew Hill said the club felt the players didn't live up to the values and morals of the "family club" when they brought the pair back to the team hotel.

While the players did not break the law, they did break the team's policy, which states that women aren't to be brought back to the hotel.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/sc...ew-2-million-sponsorship-20200311-p548vf.html
Fuck Rashays overpriced dog food, which is probably why they wanted to sponsor the Bulldogs! Just get sponsorship from our leagues club geez we can afford it!