News Schoolgirl sex scandal costs Bulldogs new $2 million sponsorship

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So the sponsorship was true.
Regardless of whether their behaviour in Port Mac was criminal or not, it was poor judgement in more ways than one and now the loss of the sponsorship proves both these players have done tremendous damage to the club both commercially and in reputation.
Most employment contracts have clauses for termination for bringing the business into disrepute or doing it repetitional harm.
I can't see how anything less than employment termination is suitable.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like I have been saying all night, no body will sponsor us now, not even Tommy’s Kebabs! Well done board and CEO for having a major sponsor locked in earlier....this board and CEO are pathetic! We lose Kia major sponsor and the best we can do is a Sydney cafe and even they pulled out....Give #andrew”puppet”Hill and #bullfrogsperm a clap for the direction this club has been headed in the past 2 years

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In my opinion Rashays should commend the club for being upfront as quick as they have, the issue will never see any legal proceedings so cant see an issue, they have allready got more publicity , over reaction imo whether I support the dogs or not.
Teams like souths and dragoons / panthers had huge issues last year and their sponsors stuck solid.
The problem is those sponsors for Saints and Souths have been there for while and have a established relationship working together.

I can't blame the sponsor for pulling out when this happens before its even announced.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't understand why Rashay's would pull out.

The Bulldogs are not sweeping this under the carpet, they reported it, they're not taking it lightly and will hand down sanctions.

The club seriously by trying to do the right thing are getting punished as a whole... Next time why bother, sweep it under the carpet.

Doesn't make sense...
Because no matter what people say, a grown man picking up a 16 year old and taking her to a hotel to root isn't a good look, no matter how "legal" it is.

They obviously don't want to be linked in anyway to that type of exposure.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
AHHHHH

Oh my god I thought the other guy who posted this was trolling (it was just his URL was incomplete).

This is so fucked, so much for being excited for this season.

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score
We've been waiting since Jaycar left to have a decent logo that matched our colors. Well done guys FMD

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't blame Rashay's for pulling the plug. Worst possible way to open a sponsorship announcement.

The degree to which the players are punished for their actions is probably going to be related to how thoroughly the club's efforts at education have been. There is no way they can hire people to mind a full squad of players 24/7, the expense would be ridiculous, there has to be a degree of trust. If the clubs level of education has been high, expect the punishment for breaking the rules in this way to also be high.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I think these 2 players should be searching for new clubs. Fucking pissed off. Players never learn, zero tolerance for the fucken stupidity. Fmd what a start to the year . I'm guessing a free jersey promotion again this year

A

Alexander the Great

Something is up. I can't put my finger on this all but time will tell.
. It is a shame because the sponsor logo would have looked OK in the jersey

The real issue here is 2 days out from the season and we still had not locked down a major sponsor.

Something needs to change and it will come if we secure a marque player
Whats dodgy about it? Its seems pretty clear cut to me.

They were about to announce the sponsorship and then this blows up and the sponsor runs for the hills.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something is up. I can't put my finger on this all but time will tell.
. It is a shame because the sponsor logo would have looked OK in the jersey

The real issue here is 2 days out from the season and we still had not locked down a major sponsor.

Something needs to change and it will come if we secure a marque player
Nothing is up it's clear as day what has happened.

The real issue is it's bloody hard to get a company to give you $1 million dollars to put their name on your jersey these days.

We finally got one and didn't even get to announce it because 2 players put their dick before the everyone else.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't blame Rashay's for pulling the plug. Worst possible way to open a sponsorship announcement.

The degree to which the players are punished for their actions is probably going to be related to how thoroughly the club's efforts at education have been. There is no way they can hire people to mind a full squad of players 24/7, the expense would be ridiculous, there has to be a degree of trust. If the clubs level of education has been high, expect the punishment for breaking the rules in this way to also be high.
If a player needs to educated on not picking a girl that your visiting promoting your club they are kidding. Its an excuse. sack them.

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No players are bigger then the club. We have enough back rowers and can fill the void at wing.....sack them gives us more money to spend the next 2 years on players

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
These two need to be shown the door. I was already of that opinion but to now cost us $2 mil aswell, good riddance fukwits!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
The club and us Bulldogs supporters deserve better than this from the players. I had an optimistic feel about the start of this season, now I feel sick to my stomach.

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm fucking ropeable.
This has set out club back another 15 years from an image perspective and will drastically affect our sponsorships for the foreseeable future.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And bums on seats who, even if subconsciously, are judgemental about footy players disrespecting their own families and club rules.

A no win situation for a sponsor....they certainly wouldn't be getting extra patrons for their sponsorship/advertising dollar.
That's how it works these days. As a company you can't be seen supporting anything controversial like this and have to distance yourself from it or your company will be be crucified for it on social media

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If a player needs to educated on not picking a girl that your visiting promoting your club they are kidding. Its an excuse. sack them.
People who work or volunteer at schools are educated about this, often on an annual basis. Not just the teachers and aids, the office workers, the gardeners, the volunteers. Institutions that are serious about making sure boundaries are understood and guidelines are clear go to extra lengths in this regard. I would once have tended to agree with you, it should be obvious. But unfortunately it has become clear that this approach has inadvertently been part of the problem in allowing the worst to happen. That is why, though tedious, the processes are where they now are.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
People who work or volunteer at schools are educated about this, often on an annual basis. Not just the teachers and aids, the office workers, the gardeners, the volunteers. Institutions that are serious about making sure boundaries are understood and guidelines are clear go to extra lengths in this regard. I would once have tended to agree with you, it should be obvious. But unfortunately it has become clear that this approach has inadvertently been part of the problem in allowing the worst to happen. That is why, though tedious, the processes are where they now are.
They are grown men, they shouldn't have to be educated about this stuff and told not to pick up school girls during a school visit.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS HERE COMES THE FAMILY CLUB!!

..is what everyone will be saying right now.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly, this club is in a fight for survival right now. Member numbers down, no sponsor and the remaining loyal supporters have just about had enough.