News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Neither deserve the sack............. unless their contract specifically states that bringing females back to your room while on club duties is a sack-able offence.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You have to wonder if this would have got out if the club didn’t go crying to the NRL integrity committee.

They fucked up, however they didn’t break the law, the girls didn’t complain yet the club saw fit to go be a teachers pet and tell the NRL.

This has so far cost us sponsorship and left our club in a shithouse state just before the opening round.

I wonder if the club just made up a bs story of the boys getting drunk etc and just dealt with the fallout if the NRL ever found out the real reason would have been better.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The club is probably just keeping out of the side issues and just going with "they've both broken the code of conduct rule in bringing back females to their club paid accommodation"

CHN broke that rule as well. What else can the club do but treat them equally on that point.

The rest of the issues will be dealt with as the club investigates with the NRL.

No one likes this happening especially the club. We are all just guessing and adding our 2 cents worth.
How the literal fuck did CHN get thrown out under the bus if all he did was pick her up on tinder?

Literally what the fuck, if he explained this when they called him in and fed him up with Okun into front page of the news the club leaders can fuck off.

Small fine for bringing a girl back on team time, limp wristed fucks.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our only hope moving forward with our standing as an NRL team and in the eyesight the corporate world is our onfield performances. Jackson and Pay Must have their backs to the wall and go to another level. I'm just so deflated. Our brand is so severely damaged.....

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
You have to wonder if this would have got out if the club didn’t go crying to the NRL integrity committee.

They fucked up, however they didn’t break the law, the girls didn’t complain yet the club saw fit to go be a teachers pet and tell the NRL.

This has so far cost us sponsorship and left our club in a shithouse state just before the opening round.

I wonder if the club just made up a bs story of the boys getting drunk etc and just dealt with the fallout if the NRL ever found out the real reason would have been better.
The story was already doing the roudns on social media

Was only a matter of time before some vulture like Paul Kent or ROthfield ran with the story and then we would have been on the back foot.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know how this went down because it was imaginary about the police officer. I thought that was clear ... ;)

As for Okunbor. I don't know how it went down. But I'm simply talking about the information that's out there, just like everyone else. If the rumours are true, then his contract should be terminated. If he hooked up with her outside of school etc etc. then who knows.
Exactly, you dont know how it all happened, but you are carrying on like the players were there grooming these young girls.

Say player A went to a school, met a girl while there, slipped her his number, they met up later etc etc,
And Player B met a girl out of school hours, who was wearing casual clothes, then finds out later that she goes to the school they were at earlier

Should player A and B be treated the same?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not the crime it's the cover up that causes the most damage. Get out in front of it, own up to it, say your sorry, take the punishment and learn the lesson. Covering it up doesn't last, it gets out eventually and then it's at the very least twice as bad for twice as long.

Go Dogs

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly, you dont know how it all happened, but you are carrying on like the players were there grooming these young girls.

Say player A went to a school, met a girl while there, slipped her his number, they met up later etc etc,
And Player B met a girl out of school hours, who was wearing casual clothes, then finds out later that she goes to the school they were at earlier

Should player A and B be treated the same?
They probably shouldn't be treated the same.

But that's not the issue at hand currently. From all the available info, Okunbor met this chick at school and then went ham on her later that night lol.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I work at a school, and I'm from Port Macquarie and i likely attended the school where this happened. But let me address this from the perspective of my work place. We had a parent call yesterday and rant and rave because one of the toilet blocks was still locked and their child needed to use the toilet. This is hardly a big deal though is it? Yet they still felt strongly enough to make the call. Parents have massively high expectations from the institutions that play a major role in influencing and guiding their children and schools have a massive responsibility to the parents/customers that have children attending their business.
Nndow imagine if they had a child that attended our school and they happened to meet a football team doing promotional work on behalf of their club, and after a series of events their daughter ended up back at their hotel having sex, consensual or not, with one of these football players?? How do you think they might react? What do you think might be the repercussions for the school??? And look now at what could happen to these players, our club, and now us as supporters.
In its purity there is nothing wrong with a teenager of more then 26 year's of age to have consensual sex with an older guy, and yes this happens very often, but you need to look at the bigger picture, and CHN and Okunbour sure as fuck should have done so too!!!! They have completely let the club, their teammates and us fans down!! We will wear this shit for years to come, simply because these idiots could not keep their fucking dicks in tgeir pants! Is it really that fucking hard???
There is a very good chance that we will also remain without a major sponsor for the rest of the year, all thanks to their actions. So how cam you possibly be defending them??
Fukin great post!

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They probably shouldn't be treated the same.

But that's not the issue at hand currently. From all the available info, Okunbor met this chick at school and then went ham on her later that night lol.
Mate thats my whole point, no one knows for sure. Its not a fact that he met her at school. Your available info is rumours, you dont convict on rumours.

Im not saying he didnt either, what I am saying is people should stop being so dramatic until they know exactly what happened

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And this is really all we as fans are most concerned about. The consequences for our club :(
Our only hope moving forward with our standing as an NRL team and in the eyesight the corporate world is our onfield performances. Jackson and Pay Must have their backs to the wall and go to another level. I'm just so deflated. Our brand is so severely damaged.....

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Mate thats my whole point, no one knows for sure. Its not a fact that he met her at school. Your available info is rumours, you dont convict on rumours.

Im not saying he didnt either, what I am saying is people should stop being so dramatic until they know exactly what happened
Yeah agree with you mate.

But that's not the media / society we exist in, in 2020.

It's all about every single person having social media and access to so much information and thinking they are experts. People rush to judgement and people rush to crucify.

Best we can do as a club is get on the front foot and then ride this out until the next NRL related controversy erupts and people forget about this.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I work at a school, and I'm from Port Macquarie and i likely attended the school where this happened. But let me address this from the perspective of my work place. We had a parent call yesterday and rant and rave because one of the toilet blocks was still locked and their child needed to use the toilet. This is hardly a big deal though is it? Yet they still felt strongly enough to make the call. Parents have massively high expectations from the institutions that play a major role in influencing and guiding their children and schools have a massive responsibility to the parents/customers that have children attending their business.
Nndow imagine if they had a child that attended our school and they happened to meet a football team doing promotional work on behalf of their club, and after a series of events their daughter ended up back at their hotel having sex, consensual or not, with one of these football players?? How do you think they might react? What do you think might be the repercussions for the school??? And look now at what could happen to these players, our club, and now us as supporters.
In its purity there is nothing wrong with a teenager of more then 26 year's of age to have consensual sex with an older guy, and yes this happens very often, but you need to look at the bigger picture, and CHN and Okunbour sure as fuck should have done so too!!!! They have completely let the club, their teammates and us fans down!! We will wear this shit for years to come, simply because these idiots could not keep their fucking dicks in tgeir pants! Is it really that fucking hard???
There is a very good chance that we will also remain without a major sponsor for the rest of the year, all thanks to their actions. So how cam you possibly be defending them??
perhaps parents need to raise their children better? It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it's certainly not worthy of four games is all I am saying.. fine and move on. If the NRL and media didn't make such a big deal out of minor events, neither would the sponsors.. but unfortunately that's just how it is, I mean the reason we are struggling for a sponsor in the first place is because brands don't want to associate themselves with the game bar junk food/alcohol companies and betting agencies

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it has come out that we had a sponsorship agreement ready to go and it was indeed with Rashays and to the value of $2m over two years.
'Apparently' we even had jerseys printed with their logo ready to go.

Interestingly enough, the same story actually states that both girls were 17 years of age.

Story from Sydney Morning Herald.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sometimes it's whatever can go wrong, will go wrong with this club honestly. What a mess. I was on the fence but after hearing about the sponsor dropping out, both should be facing the sack. Harsh maybe but we really need to distance ourselves from this as quickly as possible and move on. The real tragedy is they'll probably go on and kill it at some other club. It really stings for CHN especially as he was in for a bumper year and was obviously seen as leadership material.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess, CHN will end up at the Roosters with us paying half his contract

A

Alexander the Great

I can't wait for these messages to hit the media if the chat log.

See what everyone in here thinks about using the word grooming and this situation.

Seriously if that's how 16 year olds talk well fuck me

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for these messages to hit the media if the chat log.

See what everyone in here thinks about using the word grooming and this situation.

Seriously if that's how 16 year olds talk well fuck me

nah they are just good innocent girls who were groomed bro they would never have done such things if the evil Bulldogs had not have come to town :unamused: