News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another image of Pay staring at media cameras like a rabbit caught in headlights and Hill just swatting relevant questions away. If history has taught the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs anything it's that we've learnt nothing from the mistakes of the past.
All very well to say we've taken stock of Coffs Harbour but this smacks of more than just juvenile delinquence. And that's leadership and discipline at the club. Or the lack thereof.
Whatever. It's the final straw. Years ago, I'd have gone into a deep mental funk. Now, I just don't give a rats. Or my membership dues. Fucked if I'm plunging my hard-earned into a seemingly endless rabble!!!

A

Alexander the Great

I'm 51 and won't settle for anything unless they are 16 to 18. That's just how I like things. Call me a creep I don't care.
16?!?!?!?!?! What the fuck lol.

I don't give a shit if its "legal", 18 is ok but still creepy if picked up from school. 16? Is perve material.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I had kids and I had it my way, they wouldn't have sex till marriage... but I am also a realist.. heck maybe the NRL and the NRL clubs need to drop all the over sexualised content from their marketing, along with ditching the cheerleaders.... if they don't approve of (legal) sex
I work at a school, and I'm from Port Macquarie and i likely attended the school where this happened. But let me address this from the perspective of my work place. We had a parent call yesterday and rant and rave because one of the toilet blocks was still locked and their child needed to use the toilet. This is hardly a big deal though is it? Yet they still felt strongly enough to make the call. Parents have massively high expectations from the institutions that play a major role in influencing and guiding their children and schools have a massive responsibility to the parents/customers that have children attending their business.
Nndow imagine if they had a child that attended our school and they happened to meet a football team doing promotional work on behalf of their club, and after a series of events their daughter ended up back at their hotel having sex, consensual or not, with one of these football players?? How do you think they might react? What do you think might be the repercussions for the school??? And look now at what could happen to these players, our club, and now us as supporters.
In its purity there is nothing wrong with a teenager of more then 26 year's of age to have consensual sex with an older guy, and yes this happens very often, but you need to look at the bigger picture, and CHN and Okunbour sure as fuck should have done so too!!!! They have completely let the club, their teammates and us fans down!! We will wear this shit for years to come, simply because these idiots could not keep their fucking dicks in tgeir pants! Is it really that fucking hard???
There is a very good chance that we will also remain without a major sponsor for the rest of the year, all thanks to their actions. So how cam you possibly be defending them??

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
The key word in all the media stories is school

if they had sex with two 17 year old girl who worked at maccas would the media be all over it

GANGAS GOING TO GANG

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm 51 and won't settle for anything unless they are 16 to 18. That's just how I like things. Call me a creep I don't care.
You should go down to your local high school and chat up some girls then. No one will bad an eyelid because it's "legal" lol.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I refer you to your original post.

Those comments re the girls casting aspersions on them, and how young women these days act, is what was being discussed, and refuted, by myself and others who agree that the girls should not come into the discussion at this time.

We are just concerned with the players breaking our club rules and lets leave it at that.
Look up what context means in a dictionary.. and have a great day..

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How the literal fuck did CHN get thrown out under the bus if all he did was pick her up on tinder?

Literally what the fuck, if he explained this when they called him in and fed him up with Okun into front page of the news the club leaders can fuck off.

Small fine for bringing a girl back on team time, limp wristed fucks.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I work in public health.
If I got a phone number from a patient while they were under my care and then pursued a relationship with them, whether it was consensual and legal wouldn't matter, I would be in breach of the LHD and State's Code of Conduct which I have read, signed and agreed too.
I would most likely be sacked and derigestered, I'd definately be divorced.
From what's been reported, Okunbur has pretty much done that, it's the imbalance of power in the relationship between student and external representative (imaginary or not) which creates the issue.
Okunbur should be sacked, he's breached club and NRL codes of conduct, although first offence and claims of ignorance being a young player, as well as the clubs response may see that reduced to a long suspension.
CHN, broke club rules about women in hotels, the club couldn't have reported one case and not the other, I think that's why he has been included. I can't see any reason why the NRL should be involved with this case. Club imposed penalty of a fine and a couple of games suspension should suffice. Severity may increase depending on the example the club wants to send. Considering the sponsorship issue at present, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a 3 to 4 game suspension and 10 to 15% of salary fine so the club can take the moral high ground.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you be OK with a police officer going to your daughter's school to give a talk on safety. During that talk he gets your daughter's number. Later that evening the police officer arranges to meet your daughter at the police residence, and sneaks her in. They have sex.

And this would be OK for you what this police officer did? It's legal as you say ....
Do you know this is how it went down? How do you know he didnt actually initially meet this girl outside of school hours down the local shops or something and only found out later she was from the school?

Like I said, there isnt enough info out there to judge at the moment.

Get off your high horse for a few minutes.

jshellshear

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have heard from someone else via a former board member that the club policy for bringing girls back to a hotel room is termination of contract. They are reminded of this before every trip.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly. with CHN I don't think he did that much wrong apart from bringing her back to his room. She's 18. They met on Tinder. I don't think he's actually disrespecting anyone up there personally. THat's disrespecting the club.

Okunbor is different though. 100% different.
Isn't CHN married with kids?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let’s be real about things for a second, what they did was wrong even if it was not illegal.

However they did what most blokes dream of. Real talk.
Sorry mate don't think I've ever been interested in plonking a 16 year old since I left school.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As usual we don't know what we don't know. What we do know seems to indicate the CHN is guilty of breaking the Players CoC, but nothing else, a 1 or maybe 2 match suspension and fine seem like a reasonable punishment. Plus some community/charity service and more intense counselling on the Players CoC. Okunbor is a bit more difficult to assess, he might have done the chatting up during the school visit, which of course is detestable and deserves some severe punishment. Or he might have simply asked "what's a good place to hang out in Port" and the girl who suggested it pursued him, knowing that he would most likely be at that venue. The chatting up then occurred there, which is still not cool but doesn't warrant extreme punishment.

Judgement should be reserved until we know more.

In the interim we have a game to win and go into it with even more of a point to prove.

Go Dogs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Do you know this is how it went down? How do you know he didnt actually initially meet this girl outside of school hours down the local shops or something and only found out later she was from the school?

Like I said, there isnt enough info out there to judge at the moment.

Get off your high horse for a few minutes.
I don't know how this went down because it was imaginary about the police officer. I thought that was clear ... ;)

As for Okunbor. I don't know how it went down. But I'm simply talking about the information that's out there, just like everyone else. If the rumours are true, then his contract should be terminated. If he hooked up with her outside of school etc etc. then who knows.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As usual we don't know what we don't know. What we do know seems to indicate the CHN is guilty of breaking the Players CoC, but nothing else, a 1 or maybe 2 match suspension and fine seem like a reasonable punishment. Plus some community/charity service and more intense counselling on the Players CoC. Okunbor is a bit more difficult to assess, he might have done the chatting up during the school visit, which of course is detestable and deserves some severe punishment. Or he might have simply asked "what's a good place to hang out in Port" and the girl who suggested it pursued him, knowing that he would most likely be at that venue. The chatting up then occurred there, which is still not cool but doesn't warrant extreme punishment.

Judgement should be reserved until we know more.

In the interim we have a game to win and go into it with even more of a point to prove.

Go Dogs
Fair points

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man. This is some bullshit.

they’re young but there’s a reason why we have a legal age.

I got no issue with it.

you can’t be saying shit like “they’re being taken advantage of”... how do you know what they did? The opposite statement is equally as valid.

also don’t you have to be 18 to go on tinder?

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Generally speaking, when a player breaks the code of conduct rules it is extremely important that the corrupt NRL should have strict and defined guidelines to deal with the players equally and fairly
A club shouldn't be put in position to sack a player and leave themselves open for that player to end up at another club

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How the literal fuck did CHN get thrown out under the bus if all he did was pick her up on tinder?

Literally what the fuck, if he explained this when they called him in and fed him up with Okun into front page of the news the club leaders can fuck off.

Small fine for bringing a girl back on team time, limp wristed fucks.
I agree to an extent, but the club couldn't come out with one and not the other. Would have had too much potential for the offended brigade if it came out in the future that CHN bagged a school girl too

A

Alexander the Great

Exactly. Be clear and transparent with such sensitive issues.
I agree to an extent, but the club couldn't come out with one and not the other. Would have had too much potential for the offended brigade if it came out in the future that CHN bagged a school girl too