News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
mate, you're comparing things that are illegal to something that is not even close to as bad as those things. All I was implying was that young, cashed up men with profiles, whether you or anybody else likes it, do, in fact, have legal sex. Yes they should be punished for breaking the rules re the hotel, but ffs a fine would suffice, not like they hurt or endangered anybody
Its no use arguing with the Moral police around here. Its useless bro arguing with them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Your club has handled this exceptionally well, even the media conference was on point, Hill maintained his composure and did not provide food for the gutter dwellers and Dean wanted to talk about the opportunities for those replacing the stood down players.

The main point of controversy are the circumstances where Okunbor meet the girl, at her school at an official function in partnership with the club. That's where this gets all creepy and that is what Okunbor should be punished for.

The club will get a discount from the NRL for self reporting the incident and they should use that to offset the punishment for CHN and get him back asap as I can't see how Okunbor survives this. He's gone imo. His actions cannot be condoned and if you want a major sponsor, cutting him loose will be a prerequisite to getting one on board as no one will want to have him wearing their brand name.
Thanks mate. I agree. Great post

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I get the point you are trying to make in the broader post but this is wildly inaccurate.
Of course it is. And that's my point. It doesn't matter what we think about other players, or what they do. All that matters is what kind of culture the club wants to create and how to ensure we create it.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Now that i've heard CHN brought back a girl from tinder to the team hotel, I think his punishment is a small fine and warning.

Okunbor on the other hand deserves to be suspended for weeks if not months.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As usual you are being stubborn and trying to justify your original silly comment.

By throwing shade on the girls, you are deflecting responsibility of this craziness which should be squarely on the players.

That's all we care about.

We know what society is like today. How some girls model themselves on Kardashians and we know about their sex tapes.

Stop implecating the girls. It's the 2 players who have broken the club's rules; not the girls.

That's why its where its at now. Nothing to do with the girls silly decisions.

Stop throwing shade on the girls. Don't mention them again...or else go get a job at DT.
if you cannot understand the term trail by media and trying to add context to the discussion, then ive got nothing for you, please move on and quote someone else.. Ive said countless times they need to be punished for their actions.. but just their actions, not public opinion and outrage.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
L
It could have been brought to the NRL’s attention without media knowledge. No complaint or charges but as a incident. No cover up, no sweeping things under the carpet. But this is overkill.
I hear what you are saying but it was already over social media WhatsApp. The media find out before anyone does. There's no way this could've been kept from the media.

I applaud the club because it sets a standard.

These two are just stupid to even think no one would find out.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Would you be OK with a police officer going to your daughter's school to give a talk on safety. During that talk he gets your daughter's number. Later that evening the police officer arranges to meet your daughter at the police residence, and sneaks her in. They have sex.

And this would be OK for you what this police officer did? It's legal as you say ....

Stop being a drama queen

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players have got to keep their minds on the job tomorrow, but I hope Pay and Jackson drive home how important it is for the fans to see a massive effort. We don't deserve this - last year it was Big Papi, and we started like shit. These fuckwits CHN and Okunbor can take their punishment (I don't care what they get cause they deserve it), but the rest of the boys need to lift their heads and play real strong.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
FFS absolutely idiots some of our supporters. Hope to god you don't have kids mate. Will leave it as that as clearly you'll never get it.

I also hope you don't have kids, because unfortunately you can't babysit them 24/7

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of right or wrong, old enough or not, these douche bags have broken team and NRL protocol, and tarnished image of oir club yet again. Every time the picks itself up offthe canvas after yet another low blow, some other selfish, stupid fucking player puts us in the firing line for another K.O.
As a fan, I'm fucking sick of this shit!!! Just like @GrogDog said, we will now not onlycop shit from apposingdans for being rapists, but pedophiles now as well. And these fucking morons direct this shit at us like we are the pedophile rapists.
If you put on our jersey, you represent our club, our fans, and if you fuck up, the shit sticks on usand the club.
Im a fan of CHN and Okunbour, but if the club tears their contracts up i will commend them for having the balls to do so.
Well said. There is no justifying their actions, period.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah outside your house.....
Oh, that's you? But you were handing out all the lollies to old geratric men? I guess if you're into that type of stuff ... good for you for being so open about it pal.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So they have known about this since Friday you'd think they would have gotten all the info they need.

There isn't a police investigation so that wouldn't be stalling anything and they only need to speak to a few people.

Just get it all sorted quickly and move on the longer this hangs around the more damage it does.

A

Alexander the Great

I agree. The day we made James Graham apologise for his actions out club lost its balls.

Since then we get told that we are building the bullsogs DNA blah blah blah but really between the dibs and Anderson's and there cronnies everyone is really only worried about their back pocket.

They all play the yes game to the NRL which gets on my tits
They had sex with a girl. Whooppee, consensual sex as well, same thing 90% every other player does. Yes they broke club rules. But fuck me let's end their careers lets give them hell and Fuck their whole lives up. Get a grip its a nothing issue that shouldn't be spread all over the media like they have been.

This club is gone fkn soft...

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oh, that's you? But you were handing out all the lollies to old geratric men? I guess if you're into that type of stuff ... good for you for being so open about it pal.
You were the one guy i rejected... hurts doesn't it not being wanted...

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
And because lots of NRL players do it we should turn the blind eye? Shit. Lots of NRL players beat their wives. Why do we make such big fuss about that? Lost of NRL players snort coke on a daily basis. Why do we make such a fuss about that? This whole argument that other clubs do this, other players do that is nullinvoid to me. Means nothing.

It's our club. We've got set principals that we're trying to grow. A family culture that we're trying to restart. If we simply sweep this under the carpet then we go against the very thing we've been trying to grow. Stop trying to make out that we should follow other clubs' leads. Fuck other clubs. I want us to write our own story and that's what we're doing. I applaud the club's stance.
Having consensual sex and beating your partner are world's apart. They deserve punishment but not to have their career over.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I also hope you don't have kids, because unfortunately you can't babysit them 24/7
Haha ah, I see now. It's all clear. It's about sending the kids into the big old world and letting them make their own mistakes. Good for you pal. And I agree.

But at the same time, as a parent I'd still want to make sure I'm there for them and help serve justice if need be. And as a parent, the last thing I'd want to see if for an adult to come to my child's school and start grooming them. Especially if they were players of a team I love so dearly. Personally, if I found that out I'd be taking my scissors to their balls.

Each to their own mate.