News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They came forward with this The least they can do is come out firing otherwise why throw the players under the bus all the reporters were asking why is this an NRL matter and not a club matter he kept replying that there was a serious breach of conduct and matters were ongoing with investigations by the club in the NRL reporters kept asking him which section of the code of conduct was breached and he said he couldn’t comment on it because it was under investigation which I made absolutely no sense and made him look like an idiot this was repeated over and over one reporter said to him it’s like Finding someone guilty and then after you’ve convicted them going back and seeing what the crime was

Andrew Hill was an articulate made no sense and it was one of the worst press conferences I’ve ever seen
The NRL has clear guidelines what you can and cannot disclose, just like a military or police interview etc.
You look stupid but have no choice when mosquito reporters keep asking the same questions phrased in different ways

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
While serving the club at a school they picked up girls. There are standards this club have to set, and they have. If they don't come down on this hard, as in REALLY hard, then all that hard work over these years will come to nothing.
Yeah I agree with this.

What punishment do you think is appropriate?

If I was Andrew Hill, I would do the following:

- Players banned from all club activities (including training and game days) for four weeks. During these four weeks the players are to spend their time volunteering with a club charity.
- Following this first four weeks, the players are then allowed to come back and train with the first grade squad but will not be eligible to play for a further two weeks.
- Each player fined $20,000 to be paid to a charity that supports under privileged children.
- Both players banned from any club activities that involve school children for the rest of the year.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The less said about the girls on Bulldog social media the better.

We are not in a position to be questioning them in any way.

The media will, as with Coffs, be trolling our sites happily re-publishing silly comments throwing shade on the females.

The club is focussed on the players behaviour, and breaking our club standards, not the girls.
Well said.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Whole thing is over fucking done. Could have been handled in house instead of being splashed over the news.
Yes they broke some rules, but nothing illegal was done. No need to have all families and ppl involved thrust into the eyes of the media.
It was a very piss weak move to do..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
From the club

Further to the CEOs statement shared yesterday regarding the Club standing down two players pending investigation and being provisionally suspended by the NRL, the club can provide the following information.

First, the matters that are the subject of the ongoing NRL disciplinary process occurred during the recent visit to Port Macquarie.

Second, we can further confirm the breaches do relate to players bringing young females of a consensual age back to the team hotel.

We want to reiterate that while neither player is the subject of a police investigation, these are concerning matters that we are treating very seriously.

We have been conscious through our review of these allegations over the past few days to do everything we could to protect the identity and welfare of the girls involved, that is why we have been careful with the information we have disclosed. To the extent possible we will continue to do that.

After the past few months where our players received some deserved recognition for their charitable and community work, this is obviously a very disappointing situation.

This behaviour not only breaches our Club’s Code of Conduct, it is not reflective of the standards and values we have tried very hard to instil in our players.

Out of respect for the ongoing NRL disciplinary process and all involved, we are unable to make further comment at this stage, however as our valued members we are committed to keeping you as informed as we can.

We will be issuing a similar statement to the press later this morning, but wanted you to hear this from us first.

Your ongoing support of the club is as always much appreciated and much needed in times like these.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I agree with this.

What punishment do you think is appropriate?

If I was Andrew Hill, I would do the following:

- Players banned from all club activities (including training and game days) for four weeks. During these four weeks the players are to spend their time volunteering with a club charity.
- Following this first four weeks, the players are then allowed to come back and train with the first grade squad but will not be eligible to play for a further two weeks.
- Each player fined $20,000 to be paid to a charity that supports under privileged children.
- Both players banned from any club activities that involve school children for the rest of the year.
You'd punsih them equally? Personally, Okunbor is far the worst in this situation and I would be looking to ban him indefinitely. CHN ... I'd need more info on.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Whole thing is over fucking done. Could have been handled in house instead of being splashed over the news.
Yes they broke some rules, but nothing illegal was done. No need to have all families and ppl involved thrust into the eyes of the media.
It was already out there man. The club had to act

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It was already out there man. The club had to act

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think the players should front up as well and apologise to the club, teammates, sponsors, fans, and the relevant people at Port Mac.

We are the NRL club trying to groom this area as a feeder for our club. What schools will have us back? How hard for local footy club officials to defend us to their local parents etc.

Totally irresponsible actions by these guys.
dean pay press confrence coming up soon, poor bugger, got so close to a clean offseason where he jsut got asked footy questions

now 2 starters, one a supposed leader have done this. i've made my stance pretty clear, they shouldn't play for us for atleast this season imo. not letting that de-rail us is a tough gig. the JDB news ruined the dragons last year, mary showed no leadership the whole time, hope pay handles it better

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
and what would you do if you kept it in house and then some fkwit journo stumbles across the story and starts reporting that the Bulldogs are covering up another sex scandal?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Must have missed it. Cheers
They did it was met with we will explore all opportunities as they come about

WTF didn’t even make sense he needs media training

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think the players should front up as well and apologise to the club, teammates, sponsors, fans, and the relevant people at Port Mac.

We are the NRL club trying to groom this area as a feeder for our club. What schools will have us back? How hard for local footy club officials to defend us to their local parents etc.

Totally irresponsible actions by these guys.
Shit. Forgot that this was our supposed feeder area! FFS. What a shit show. Honestly, we really can't defend these guys. They've absolutely buried our club here. Absolutely buried it. Okunbor especially if it was him picking the chick up from school. FFS

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
and what would you do if you kept it in house and then some fkwit journo stumbles across the story and starts reporting that the Bulldogs are covering up another sex scandal?
Exactly. Think so far the club has handled this well.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The club has done a good job so far and needs to stay on the front foot. This will make sure that a standard is set and that the media can't spend the next month crucifying our club in the media.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the initial contact was on a school visit then I think it will be the NRL that will come down hard with a punishment. Absolute PR disaster for the game, players visiting schools is a huge ( the reason I became a dogs supporter ) and the NRL will feel the need to protect the image of the game.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
If the initial contact was on a school visit then I think it will be the NRL that will come down hard with a punishment. Absolute PR disaster for the game, players visiting schools is a huge ( the reason I became a dogs supporter ) and the NRL will feel the need to protect the image of the game.
The more I read your post the more I think the punishment needs to be strong than just 4-6 weeks away from playing. I think it might end up being a few months with no games.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I think the Club has handled the situation that any decent person would agree with. I will add that most of the other club's in the NRL would not have done the same. Sure it does put us at a small disadvantage (mainly with CHN loss) but at the end of the day the other clubs can do what they want and be allowed to under the hit and miss Greenturd system.

As a club we can hold our heads high, as players I don't care if they're shown the door and as a fan I would like to thank the players for once again making it hard to be a Dogs fan. We're the ones coping the taunts, once again reminded of the rape case last night, now we're pedo's too apparently. Cheers for making it so easy for other fans and giving them all the ammo they need!

Seriously us fans are too good for some of these players!

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably fucked our season. Stuffed any chance of getting a sponsor for a while. Ruined their relationships. Got offside with some team mates. Pissed the fans off.

Last but not least, come off looking like a couple of perves. There is just something off when it has to be written "of legal age" smh lol.

I'm cancelling my fucken BBQ lol

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the screen shots?