News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
dean pay press confrence coming up soon, poor bugger, got so close to a clean offseason where he jsut got asked footy questions

now 2 starters, one a supposed leader have done this. i've made my stance pretty clear, they shouldn't play for us for atleast this season imo. not letting that de-rail us is a tough gig. the JDB news ruined the dragons last year, mary showed no leadership the whole time, hope pay handles it better

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I said that this would kill of Coranavirus once and for all

We are back on the front page fucking disgraceful

I hope they get their contracts torn up those defending them imagine it was your daughter or sister ! While not illegal these guys are a disgrace wish they had done something illegal would probably be easier to comprehend

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently okunbor met one at the school visit
Then she seen him out in port Mac , then chn was introduced to the other bird but never met her before that

So for me okunbor brain snap, dumb
Chn met a woman of legal age in town , never met her before , no dramas for me there
If this is true then Okunbor needs to be sacked, but CHN should only get a lengthy suspension. CHN would have known they were girls from the school they attended, even if he did not meet them there. He would have still known this was wrong without even mentioning the club policy of no girls back at the hotel.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
It's really basic for me.

If the initial contact was made while running the clinic, or on school grounds it's a sackable offence imo. I get all the talk that the girls didn't complain, nor the parents, but that's besides the point. While representing our club at a school he/they chatting up school girls and hooked up with them.

It's absolute gutter behaviour. Absolute. We talking about building a team ethos. A new 'Bulldog' DNA. They've absolutely shafted their teammates by doing this. Absolutely.
I haven't read through the thread.
Does anyone know how the girls are?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
at no point have I stated the players are innocent , they are dumb and need to be punished..

but the B.S about the innocence of these girls and being manipulated and yada yada yada... please ...... know the generation, before comment is made.. most of the people making comment about the girls being taken advantage of, probably wouldn't have a clue how this new generation really act..
Your comments are a bit meat to the cats like. I know what you mean and they should accept some responsibility for their actions BUT it’s the players who did the WRONG thing

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Further to the CEOs statement shared yesterday regarding the Club standing down two players pending investigation and being provisionally suspended by the NRL, the club can provide the following information.

First, the matters that are the subject of the ongoing NRL disciplinary process occurred during the recent visit to Port Macquarie.

Second, we can further confirm the breaches do relate to players bringing young females of a consensual age back to the team hotel.

We want to reiterate that while neither player is the subject of a police investigation, these are concerning matters that we are treating very seriously.

We have been conscious through our review of these allegations over the past few days to do everything we could to protect the identity and welfare of the girls involved, that is why we have been careful with the information we have disclosed. To the extent possible we will continue to do that.

After the past few months where our players received some deserved recognition for their charitable and community work, this is obviously a very disappointing situation.

This behaviour not only breaches our Club’s Code of Conduct, it is not reflective of the standards and values we have tried very hard to instil in our players.

Out of respect for the ongoing NRL disciplinary process and all involved, we are unable to make further comment at this stage, however as our valued members we are committed to keeping you as informed as we can.

We will be issuing a similar statement to the press later this morning, but wanted you to hear this from us first.

Your ongoing support of the club is as always much appreciated and much needed in times like these.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There's a live press conference right now with Dean Pay and Andrew Hill

The journo's are going nuts like vultures

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Your comments are a bit meat to the cats like. I know what you mean and they should accept some responsibility for their actions BUT it’s the players who did the WRONG thing
ok then people need to just say, players need to be banned for being dumb and breaking curfew etc.. not add the facts about the females and their vulnerability, that to me is irrelevant ....

A

Alexander the Great

Would anyones view change on this topic if the young girls had a "adult"female present with them that rocked up to get fucked with the girls??

Just curious

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The players haven't done anything illegal. Andrew Hill said he has already spoken to NSW police, so clearly there will be no criminal charges coming out of this.

I guess the question is what breach notice the club can give the players given the players:

- Have not done anything illegal
- Did not physically harm anyone
- Did not do anything in public

The biggest issue I personally have is that the players were at the school in their capacity as professional football players. Marketing the club's image and the NRL overall. It's obvious they shouldn't be thinking with their dicks. It's also obvious to any grown man that meeting and screwing school girls is never ok.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No Comment is all Hill said. Ongoing investigation. Pretty much what we already know.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew Hill should never do a press conference again that was shocking

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hill really doesn't know how to answer these questions....

What a fuken mess.

Sack both the players and move on. They both were in a postion of influence over these two girls. They have breached the trust of the community as a whole.

This isnt CHNs first debacle. We could use his 700k elsewhere. He is the senior player, he has the responsibility here.

i feel bad for Okunbor. But ffs, if he doesn't get sacked. He should face at least half the season suspended

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
ok then people need to just say, players need to be banned for being dumb and breaking curfew etc.. not add the facts about the females and their vulnerability, that to me is irrelevant ....
The fact is that they were school girls, and the apparent first connection was made at school. Understand what you're saying, I really do. But this was a calculated acted, at least by Okunbor, and more than just stupidity. Multiple times he could've stopped it. CHN I can kind of see that it was a heat of the moment dumb move IF .... it's correct he wasn't at the school.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score