News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all this I feel sorry for Dean Pay, he’s under pressure to perform and he must’ve felt in a good head space leading into this season. Squad settled, few astute buys, good form in trials, talk of a new major sponsor to be revealed then this happens, this dopey irresponsible moment has potentially derailed our game against eels which I was very confident we’d win, potentially I think almost certain has lost our major sponsor now too...

I want our board to suspend the players, not the corrupt nrl admin..

Fucken pissed off

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a beat up
Took 2 women back to the the hotel
Nothing illegal, broke the clubs protocol
NRL are just pissed off, Greenberg and the NRL are a complete disgrace
I understand it’s not a good look, but when the lodges , Scott’s , sivos etc are allowed to play it fucking pisses me off
NRL head honchos are a disgrace

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How dumb..just dumb..actually no that gives em an excuse..grossly irresponsible..they go to spread the word about rugby league..not spread a school girls legs.. Regardless of legal age..it doesn’t matter.. It doesn’t mater if it was consensual..They are there in an official professional capacity..not to be social.. They have tarnished ALL rugby league visits to schools..not just the Doggies.. Woeful and shameful conduct..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
exactly, there is a vulnerability there that they have taken advantage of it.

imagine being a parent of one of the girls, you shouldn't have to worry about them at school when a professional footy team is doing a clinic
It's really basic for me.

If the initial contact was made while running the clinic, or on school grounds it's a sackable offence imo. I get all the talk that the girls didn't complain, nor the parents, but that's besides the point. While representing our club at a school he/they chatting up school girls and hooked up with them.

It's absolute gutter behaviour. Absolute. We talking about building a team ethos. A new 'Bulldog' DNA. They've absolutely shafted their teammates by doing this. Absolutely.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
IF school girls throw themselves at the player(s) while he's running a football clinic at school it's OK for you that one / both of them then flirt, get their number, and then invite them to his/their room(s)?

Seriously dude? This was at school. Not a nightclub. They were representing the club, and the NRL. I just can't believe so many on here simply don't get it ...
it seems not many people are in touch with SOME of the modern day females ...

These girls look up to the like of Paris Hiltons and Kim Kardashiyan who's original claim to fame was havings sex on tape ..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This is a beat up
Took 2 women back to the the hotel
Nothing illegal, broke the clubs protocol
NRL are just pissed off, Greenberg and the NRL are a complete disgrace
I understand it’s not a good look, but when the lodges , Scott’s , sivos etc are allowed to play it fucking pisses me off
NRL head honchos are a disgrace
Look. Whether they NRL and the media is after us I really couldn't care. Even if they weren't it wouldn't change my stance.

If it's proven that they picked up girls while working at a school they can both fuck off. We can't have players playing at our club doing such things. Sorry.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

If the initial contact was made while running the clinic, or on school grounds it's a sackable offence imo. I get all the talk that the girls didn't complain, nor the parents, but that's besides the point. While representing our club at a school he/they chatting up school girls and hooked up with them.

It's absolute gutter behaviour. Absolute. We talking about building a team ethos. A new 'Bulldog' DNA. They've absolutely shafted their teammates by doing this. Absolutely.
100% agree

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Apparently okunbor met one at the school visit
Then she seen him out in port Mac , then chn was introduced to the other bird but never met her before that

So for me okunbor brain snap, dumb
Chn met a woman of legal age in town , never met her before , no dramas for me there

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

These girls looks up to the like of Paris Hiltons and Kim Kardashiyan who's original claim to fame was havings sex on tape ..
That’s kind of irrelevant the players just had to have some self control. You just can’t be picking up on a school visit.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nobody would have batted an eyelid if they were not recognised sport stars....
But they were; and they belong to a club that has been trying to clean up a history of poor behavior, especially the stink that has followed us since Coffs Harbour.

At a time when we are chasing a major sponsor, this could cost the club in more ways than a bad headline.

These guys have ruined our image, especially after we had publicly claimed there were high standards for players if they wanted to be Bulldogs. They must have been warned to be on their best behavior.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

These girls looks up to the like of Paris Hiltons and Kim Kardashiyan who's original claim to fame was havings sex on tape ..
To me this has nothing to do with what females are like. It's about the expectations we have of our players. Clearly they're sought after because of their status, and their athleticism. But as adults employed by our club and the NRL there are clear expectations of how they should behave. Especially on a paid visit to a school ...

Couldn't care less about what type of girls they were / are. It's irrvelant imo.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then she seen him out in port Mac , then chn was introduced to the other bird but never met her before that
Those groomers!!!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

So for me okunbor brain snap, dumb
Chn met a woman of legal age in town , never met her before , no dramas for me there
Then at the very least Okunbor should be gone. Dumb. Yes. But what he's done is absolutely killed the club. If we don't come down on this hard then we're in big big grouble going forward.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s kind of irrelevant the players just had to have some self control. You just can’t be picking up on a school visit.
at no point have I stated the players are innocent , they are dumb and need to be punished..

but the B.S about the innocence of these girls and being manipulated and yada yada yada... please ...... know the generation, before comment is made.. most of the people making comment about the girls being taken advantage of, probably wouldn't have a clue how this new generation really act..

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
at no point have I stated the players are innocent , they are dumb and need to be punished..

but the B.S about the innocence of these girls and being manipulated and yada yada yada... please ...... know the generation, before comment is made.. most of the people making comment about the girls being taken advantage of, probably wouldn't have a clue how this new generation really act..
Again I'll say it's not important to even talk about the girls. I certainly haven't seen anyone say they're innocent. Clearly they're not. And the fact that they're not complaining about this or anything says it all.

But this isn't about them but the mentality of these players to think that it's OK to do what they did. There's absolutely no excuse for any player to pick up a girl while running a clinic at school. It doesn't matter what the girls do, or how they act. There's been more than enough education out there for players to know what they can and can't do.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the comments and posts on the kennel from supporters has been mind blowing. You would seriously need to question if they are actually supporters.

Demanding these players be jailed or contracts torn up and kicked from the league is just wow.

We have let the biggest grubs back into the sport. From wife bathers, to druggies the lot and you guys think this matter warrants jail time!

Pull your head in and support the players and everyone effected in this
Anti Bulldogs feelings has made many who are involved with our club both at the Admin through to fans to navel gaze far to much, all of us should pull together and realize that we have many ENEMIES throughout the Rugby league community.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We are back on the front page fucking disgraceful

I hope they get their contracts torn up those defending them imagine it was your daughter or sister ! While not illegal these guys are a disgrace wish they had done something illegal would probably be easier to comprehend

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
If the latest is true, Okunbor should be sacked and deregistered for being a massive grub, CHN a fine and a couple of games for breaching CoC and being a dumb ****. How would you know but, media’s running with it now.
Good job boys

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think these boys are in a world of hurt, the NRL hasn’t been faced with this before and we seem to always be the first team to test new boundaries and end with the heaviest punishments. While these boys didn’t break any laws, they will be seen to hold significant ‘power’ and ‘influence’ over a couple of star struck school girls. They will be seen as abusing their standing as an NRL star. A lot might come down to the reaction of the parents of these girls, the school and education department. If I’m the Father of a 16yr old Daughter, propositioned by a teacher or school visitor, I’d be pretty pissed.