News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I find it really hard to believe that these dumb ***** would even consider doing this. If my teenage daughter went to school then got groomed by professional sportsman in their early 20's I would be absolutely livid. Teenage girls can get awestruck then get taken advantage of. It's totally fucked up & they both must be sacked. If it was girls they picked up drinking in a club I guess it's different but at school on a coaching clinic WTF.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I actually think the CEO and board are good and will deal with this accordingly. I really do.

However, my concern is more with the playing group which is relatively young and I don't think they'll be able to deal with the intense media scrutiny coming with it. Plus ... the fans. I'm honestly glad I'm not in Australia as I wouldn't be able to deal with the new comments that's going to be associated with this wonderful club.

Someone on here talked about how he's not going to be proud to be in that jersey anymore, and I also have to agree.
My messages have been over flowing and Coffs Harbour has been getting a mention basically every second message.

Like I said, this has taken the club backwards and we won’t yet know the damage as it’s still early days But the media, analysts and opposition fans are like hungry lions atm and we are definately bait thanks to this incident.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s very sad. I don’t give the board or our puppet CEO any credit as everything they do is RE active and not pro active. To me this is the most simplest of things you teach your players. It’s the boards and CEO role to hire people that are best fit for the role of GM of football, player security, player education, welfare etc. clearly people in those roles arnt fit for their duties and are only there to strengthen the grip that #bulldogsperm has on our club
How do you be proactive in this situation? I imagine that the NRL would provide stipulations and regulations with school visits as this is done through them? guidelines at how the club should prepare players etc. SO the club would be doing everything according to that, well, should be anyway. So being proactive is already set out there for us.

I'd agree though that maybe better education of the players, so I'm really interested to see what the club's stance is on this. And this is what worries me most ... what if we didn't educate our players enough? Waht if we weren't clear about the guidelines?

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
How do you be proactive in this situation? I imagine that the NRL would provide stipulations and regulations with school visits as this is done through them? guidelines at how the club should prepare players etc. SO the club would be doing everything according to that, well, should be anyway. So being proactive is already set out there for us.

I'd agree though that maybe better education of the players, so I'm really interested to see what the club's stance is on this. And this is what worries me most ... what if we didn't educate our players enough? Waht if we weren't clear about the guidelines?
Pro active in obviously education and training
Pro active in identifying the right players for these roles of ambassadors and representatives of the club
Pro active in having the right player GM mangers and security hired to make sure this stuff does not happen
I believe the players have also been let down in this, don’t get me wrong they deserve to be sacked and are lucky to not be charged but it’s obvious something is not right with the culture at the club at the moment. I mean we had club officials there when Adam Elliot incident happened and honestly that says something about our current culture.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although the legal age of consent throughout Australia is either 16 or 17 years of age, legislation in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory makes it an offence for a person in a supervisory role to sexually engage with a person under their special care who is aged 16 or 17 years.

The girls were under their care in the school so what they did was illegal.

They are professional athletes. They are taught the laws and to be careful all the time and they still fucked up like this. Get rid of them from our club.
Ah lets wait till all is revealed. Andrew Hill has acted in accordance with the Clubs protocol. Information is limited to us however. Im not going to accuse the players of acting inappropriately until I know the circumstances of how contact was made with the girls.

The players were there to show the kids who play rugby league their skills. Imagine a school oval if you will. The kids are under the care of the school. The kids who play rugby league - boys and girls - are doing drills and skill sessions with the players, talking to them, getting autographs, asking the players questions on fitness, diet, training - everything. The players owe these kids a duty of care.

Then outside of the kids who play rugby league are other kids - hanging around, some are 17 and 18. They dont play rugby league. Hell they may not follow rugby league at all. These girls approach the players. They exchange phone numbers. The girls are not part of the training group. The girls are under the care of the teachers still, but if the girls want to fratanize with the players then its no different to them exchanging phone numbers with a worker fixing the plumbing at the school. The players havent groomed these kids. There is no strict duty of care breach here.

If this is an accurate portrait of what went on then Im stupefied that the players have been stood down. Last time I checked men and women of legal age can exchange phone numbers. Theres no grooming as the kids in my example were not participating in the skills sessions.

Lets be clear, at the moment, we are not aware of any complaint made to the Club either by the girls, their parents, the teachers or the school. The police are not investigating, theres no crime been committed, no duty of care breached.

At the end of the day the PC brigade want to ruin our game. What young fella would want to play our game if your not allowed to talk to adult females who are attracted to your athleticism.

Our game is played by young men in the sexual prime of their life. Be real. What happens in any teams end of season trip away? Are any ladies entertained? Wake up to yourselves you holier than thou self righteous self appointed guardians of morality. Matter referred to the Integrity Commission. What a joke!!! All this hoohar for a little bit of friction. My goodness. Move on. Theres nothing to see here...lets get on with the footy!!!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I tell you what I believe, I believe we lost players because of 3rd party deals that would not be honoured or further negotiated because of the current board in place. Ray Dib and co had faults but they also had good contacts and business skills, these guys have NON as evidenced by the fact there companies liquidations and accusations of people being ripped off! What kind of person rips another persons wages? Who would want them running any multi million dollar business? I know I would not hire them in any capacity. They clearly can not garner any form of sponsorship for the players not the club!
We lost players because of TP agreements falling through? Have you seen the minuscule percentage of what TP agreements make up payments across the game?
When you say 'these guys' - first of all Chris Anderson left the board 6 months ago. Second of all you have zero evidence of this alleged employee underpayment (which by the way I would never defend, but if you suggest the Anderson's company is the only one that's another outrageous claim).
'They cannot garner any form of sponsorship'. Have you failed to notice that every other sponsor bar the major partner has re-signed? And KIA even stayed on in a smaller capacity?
Had you noticed the state of the economy BEFORE the bushfires and now the virus dropped a bomb on top of it? I'd love to see how you'd go trying to get $1m discretionary spend out of anyone in the current environment.
I'm sorry mate - but in your agenda of rage you're leaving your story full of holes...

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
1) The Anderson ticket stood to challenge the previous board and won. No-one else.
2) Who would you put it as alternatives? I love this question because no-one can ever answer it.
3) OK, you believe that. Let's just pretend that Moses M'Bye and Aaron Woods weren't cut mid-season in 2018 because we didn't have a cap problem. And despite the clubs desire to hang onto Dave Klemmer initially, was further relief when he wanted out. You're blinded by your racial issues and other agendas if you don't acknowledge we had (and still have a little bit remaining) massive issues with our cap.
4) Good for you for whatever pays the bills. I won't stoop to personal insults - see if you can do the same.
To answe your question as alternatives I would have kept the previous board in still minus Ray Dib and replaced him with another well connected business local

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Pro active in obviously education and training
Pro active in identifying the right players for these roles of ambassadors and representatives of the club
Pro active in having the right player GM mangers and security hired to make sure this stuff does not happen
I believe the players have also been let down in this, don’t get me wrong they deserve to be sacked and are lucky to not be charged but it’s obvious something is not right with the culture at the club at the moment. I mean we had club officials there when Adam Elliot incident happened and honestly that says something about our current culture.
No it does not - because the same officials ensured there was no Mad Monday in 2019. They learnt from the mistake of 2018. Another baseless claim.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
To answe your question as alternatives I would have kept the previous board in still minus Ray Dib and replaced him with another well connected business local
So why did the football club members not do that? Why did they vote out SIX of SEVEN of the previous board members?

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
We lost players because of TP agreements falling through? Have you seen the minuscule percentage of what TP agreements make up payments across the game?
When you say 'these guys' - first of all Chris Anderson left the board 6 months ago. Second of all you have zero evidence of this alleged employee underpayment (which by the way I would never defend, but if you suggest the Anderson's company is the only one that's another outrageous claim).
'They cannot garner any form of sponsorship'. Have you failed to notice that every other sponsor bar the major partner has re-signed? And KIA even stayed on in a smaller capacity?
Had you noticed the state of the economy BEFORE the bushfires and now the virus dropped a bomb on top of it? I'd love to see how you'd go trying to get $1m discretionary spend out of anyone in the current environment.
I'm sorry mate - but in your agenda of rage you're leaving your story full of holes...
Have you noticed KIA now sponsors the broncos? Have you noticed we actually have no major sponsor and all other clubs do? Have you noticed that our current sponsor was going to sponsor the club for less than half what Kia was paying? Have you noticed that kias current sponsorship deal is less than what I pay per year on shoes? Have you noticed all other sports seem to get sponsors at market value not cut price reduced rates? Have you noticed Anderson only left because he wound up his company and was in liquidation?
Please buddy take your glasses off and study facts and numbers! You obviously care for the club but are blinded by the bullshit you are fed by the current muppet board and puppet CEO

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ah lets wait till all is revealed. Andrew Hill has acted in accordance with the Clubs protocol. Information is limited to us however. Im not going to accuse the players of acting inappropriately until I know the circumstances of how contact was made with the girls.

The players were there to show the kids who play rugby league their skills. Imagine a school oval if you will. The kids are under the care of the school. The kids who play rugby league - boys and girls - are doing drills and skill sessions with the players, talking to them, getting autographs, asking the players questions on fitness, diet, training - everything. The players owe these kids a duty of care.

Then outside of the kids who play rugby league are other kids - hanging around, some are 17 and 18. They dont play rugby league. Hell they may not follow rugby league at all. These girls approach the players. They exchange phone numbers. The girls are not part of the training group. The girls are under the care of the teachers still, but if the girls want to fratanize with the players then its no different to them exchanging phone numbers with a worker fixing the plumbing at the school. The players havent groomed these kids. There is no strict duty of care breach here.

If this is an accurate portrait of what went on then Im stupefied that the players have been stood down. Last time I checked men and women of legal age can exchange phone numbers. Theres no grooming as the kids in my example were not participating in the skills sessions.

Lets be clear, at the moment, we are not aware of any complaint made to the Club either by the girls, their parents, the teachers or the school. The police are not investigating, theres no crime been committed, no duty of care breached.

At the end of the day the PC brigade want to ruin our game. What young fella would want to play our game if your not allowed to talk to adult females who are attracted to your athleticism.

Our game is played by young men in the sexual prime of their life. Be real. What happens in any teams end of season trip away? Are any ladies entertained? Wake up to yourselves you holier than thou righteous self appointed guardians of morality. All this hoohar for a little bit of friction. My goodness. Move on. Theres nothing to see hear...lets get on with the footy!!!
When you walk onto the school property you're bound by educational laws, especially when you're role is to supervise a child in some capacity.

The duty of care is on the school, but at the same time on the body providing the sessions which in this case is the Bulldogs. At all times the players' whereabouts should've been known for child supervision laws. The fact that they went away with girls in the first place is bad enough, but exchanging numbers? Mate, this isn't a fucking nigh club. It's a school!

The fact that this young ladies weren't in actual direct contact with the players through a training session actually makes it worse imo. Simply as it shows that the boys went away from their scheduled and appointed contact with the children, thus went away from their legal reasons for being there. They took advantage of the fact that they were at this school to go away from the training and pick up girls. There's no other way of looking at it.

Looking at the fact all of this was done on school property makes it even worse. It's clear you don't understand the educational system, nor the appointed role of supervision which is fine. But stop trying to act as you do, and try to make out the players shouldn't have been stood down.

"What young fella would want to play our game if your not allowed to talk to adult females who are attracted to your athleticism." This comment makes me wonder about your thinking mate. Doesn't matter how old they are, or where they are at the time. As long as they're "attracted to your athleticism" it's OK ... such a stupid stupid comment ... braindead

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
Have you noticed KIA now sponsors the broncos? Have you noticed we actually have no major sponsor and all other clubs do? Have you noticed that our current sponsor was going to sponsor the club for less than half what Kia was paying? Have you noticed that kias current sponsorship deal is less than what I pay per year on shoes? Have you noticed all other sports seem to get sponsors at market value not cut price reduced rates? Have you noticed Anderson only left because he wound up his company and was in liquidation?
Please buddy take your glasses off and study facts and numbers! You obviously care for the club but are blinded by the bullshit you are fed by the current muppet board and puppet CEO
By the way I would and could afford to sponsor the bulldogs and choose not too until these clowns are replaced by competent people! Like myself plenty of business are choosing to stay away and I bet Rashays if they think logically will pull the plug and not because of corona or bushfires either as that has no baring on who you chose to attach your company brand with. Sponsorship for us is a tax right off, so either way we will spend our money on some form of sponsorship but not this club at this time

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN and Okonbur are fucken idiots. The club has done the right thing here. CHN and Okonbur have let everyone down.
Regardless if there actions are not deemed criminal, there actions broke the code of conduct of our club and society in general so the club culture we are trying to build must be maintained and upheld in this circumstance! By upholding this I think we may have held on to this prospective jersey sponsor by showing that we will not tolerate anything or anyone breaking our code of conduct! Well done Bulldogs for doing what most clubs don’t, they should be applauded, it’s not often you see the media in our corner giving us some credit! Good job Mr Hill.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Our game is played by young men in the sexual prime of their life. Be real. What happens in any teams end of season trip away? Are any ladies entertained? Wake up to yourselves you holier than thou self righteous self appointed guardians of morality. Matter referred to the Integrity Commission. What a joke!!! All this hoohar for a little bit of friction. My goodness. Move on. Theres nothing to see here...lets get on with the footy!!!
Um what's the difference if these girls ran a drill or not? So this plumber can go round picking up unless the girls are in the same trade? The canteen worker who hooks up with the girl who always brings lunch to school?

P.S
The next racist comment cops a month off, nobody wants that around here

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Um what's the difference if these girls ran a drill or not? So this plumber can go round picking up unless the girls are in the same trade? The canteen worker who hooks up with the girl who always brings lunch to school?
Seems so obvious but some just don't get it

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dude. It's the fact that they picked them up while doing duties for the club and NRL at a school. Come on. It's really not that hard to understand why this is such a big deal.
There's no evidence of that.
For all you know they passed each other in the hall, at school and bumped into each other at the pub later that night.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No complaints, from parents either so wait and see what comes out before losing our minds.
This has also been missed by the perpetually outraged.
The girls and their parents know exactly what happened and haven't got a problem with it.