News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know what the hell has happened to the world.
Lets look at the facts.

Two men spent consensual time together with 2 adult women of legal age and the whole world is in uproar over it.... WTF.

But, if those same 2 men would have instead spent consensual time with 2 adult homosexual men of legal age, the whole of today's world would be applauding them.

I started going out with my wife when she was 17 & I was 22. 25 years of bliss later we are still going strong and gifted with 2 beautiful children.

Wake up world.
They broke team protocol. They knew the rules but still chose themselves over the team, the club and the supporters.
In all respect what's that got to do with your family and your homophobic comments??

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd piss myself laughing if it turns out that the story that the press have jumped on and the supporters are crying foul about is a huge media beat up without a shred of fact. The silence from the club doesn't exactly give me a huge amount of confidence in that, but most of this seems to have broken very late in the day. I hope the club debunks the story in the morning. Brett Stewart was thrown under the bus by the media for supposedly raping a 17yo girl. Turns out that was not true and apparently the family had a history of trying to extort money if the rumours are true. This might be a similar scenario. It wouldn't be impossible for a journo to create a fake account and join a social media group to give a story like this legs. Just wait until the facts come out before assuming that this is based on facts.

It might just be a simple case of them having drinks when they weren't meant to, trashing their hotel rooms or any one of a hundred different things. It's not like the media are ethical when there's money to be made. It may be true, it may not. But you can bet your ass that newspapers will have this as a headline in the morning and sales will be through the roof.

Just give it enough time to be verified before assuming it's factual.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the hell has happened to the world.
Lets look at the facts.

Two men spent consensual time together with 2 adult women of legal age and the whole world is in uproar over it.... WTF.

But, if those same 2 men would have instead spent consensual time with 2 adult homosexual men of legal age, the whole of today's world would be applauding them.

I started going out with my wife when she was 17 & I was 22. 25 years of bliss later we are still going strong and gifted with 2 beautiful children.

Wake up world.
they would be upset that they couldn't use footage of it as part of their promo due to nudity

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd piss myself laughing if it turns out that the story that the press have jumped on and the supporters are crying foul about is a huge media beat up without a shred of fact. The silence from the club doesn't exactly give me a huge amount of confidence in that, but most of this seems to have broken very late in the day. I hope the club debunks the story in the morning. Brett Stewart was thrown under the bus by the media for supposedly raping a 17yo girl. Turns out that was not true and apparently the family had a history of trying to extort money if the rumours are true. This might be a similar scenario. It wouldn't be impossible for a journo to create a fake account and join a social media group to give a story like this legs. Just wait until the facts come out before assuming that this is based on facts.

It might just be a simple case of them having drinks when they weren't meant to, trashing their hotel rooms or any one of a hundred different things. It's not like the media are ethical when there's money to be made. It may be true, it may not. But you can bet your ass that newspapers will have this as a headline in the morning and sales will be through the roof.

Just give it enough time to be verified before assuming it's factual.
The club found out on Friday and it’s taken them till today to stand them down so I’d say they have been doing some investigations and interviews. You’d think once the club was made aware the first thing they would have done is talked to the players and now they are immediately stood down. On the surface it doesn’t look good for them.

Bluebarry

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A dog is a man's best friend , these two should be made strays asap , a very costly bite

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
It’s not just the players that should be disciplined it should also be the people hired to look after and manage them

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is incredibly disruptive to the moral of the team. I wonder how may of the boys on that road trip are now getting the third degree from their partner. I wonder how many of those partners have said, or will say “I don’t want you hanging around with bad influences” when you fu*k up in a team everyone pays the price one way or another.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s not just the players that should be disciplined it should also be the people hired to look after and manage them
They're grown men who should have enough common sense to understand that it's probably not a good idea to take a schoolgirl back to your hotel room.

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
They're grown men who should have enough common sense to understand that it's probably not a good idea to take a schoolgirl back to your hotel room.
I would agree they should know better, but people are hired to look after these players cause there not the smartest people, that’s why they have security and managers that watch over and look after them. Why arnt they also held accountable for this major stuff up also, it’s literally in there job description to make sure this shit does not happen as it effects the whole club

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it get’s proven that they started communicating with the girls on the school visit then I will have no problem with the club tearing up their contracts.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
This is incredibly disruptive to the moral of the team. I wonder how may of the boys on that road trip are now getting the third degree from their partner. I wonder how many of those partners have said, or will say “I don’t want you hanging around with bad influences” when you fu*k up in a team everyone pays the price one way or another.
Good point..

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
If it get’s proven that they started communicating with the girls on the school visit then I will have no problem with the club tearing up their contracts.
Totally agree, it’s wrong on so many levels, but I feel other heads should roll also, this is major if true. It’s no joke!

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Although the legal age of consent throughout Australia is either 16 or 17 years of age, legislation in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory makes it an offence for a person in a supervisory role to sexually engage with a person under their special care who is aged 16 or 17 years.

The girls were under their care in the school so what they did was illegal.

They are professional athletes. They are taught the laws and to be careful all the time and they still fucked up like this. Get rid of them from our club.

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
Although the legal age of consent throughout Australia is either 16 or 17 years of age, legislation in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, South Australia and the Northern Territory makes it an offence for a person in a supervisory role to sexually engage with a person under their special care who is aged 16 or 17 years.

The girls were under their care in the school so what they did was illegal.

They are professional athletes. They are taught the laws and to be careful all the time and they still fucked up like this. Get rid of them from our club.
Great post, anybody that has worked with children or young people understand and are educated in duty of care! It’s wrong and management also failed the players clearly otherwise this would never have happened!

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How anybody can brush off footy players visiting a school and taking a couple back to the hotel is insane lol. Its wrong and creepy on so many levels it isn't funny. Completely different to a 20 something and 17 year old meeting out in the world. Hope I never see them in our colours again

Reality Dogg

Banned
Reaction score
How anybody can brush off footy players visiting a school and taking a couple back to the hotel is insane lol. Its wrong and creepy on so many levels it isn't funny. Completely different to a 20 something and 17 year old meeting out in the world. Hope I never see them in our colours again
Unfortunately there are plenty of idiots that see this as a joke or the norm which is disgusting! I can’t believe that people make a joke of this, it’s adults picking up girls at school!! That’s revolting!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They broke team protocol. They knew the rules but still chose themselves over the team, the club and the supporters.
In all respect what's that got to do with your family and your homophobic comments??
Hey bud, there is absolutely nothing homophobic about my comments nor do I have a homophobic bone in my body. I don't need to prove anything to you or anyone else because I know the respect & the love I have for gay people. My point is simply that YES, these guys did break team protocol but the media is making them out to be petafilles for hanging out with young ladies of legal age.
As for my family, well if you didn't get it the first time - I can relate, as the ages of the people in question are exactly the same as the ages of me & my wife and many others starting a relationship & there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
And you can bury your head in the sand if you chose, but we all know that absolutely nothing would be made of this If they met up with men & not women, and rightly so as there would be absolutely nothing wrong with that also.

What's wrong with the world today, is that although they went outside team protocol and should face some punishment, It ain't no crime so don't treat them like criminals.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everyone would lose their shit if a teacher tried to pick up their 16 year old daughter or niece. This is no different.