News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Media having a field day LOLLL bigger then headline the more clicks. You know how it works.

For sure.. I do wonder what some people think NRL players get up to in their spare time though

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Another reason not to wear Bulldogs gear in public. I've already copped shit all night from mates on social media and rightly so.

Amazing how we continue to degrade ourselves everytime. We have no sponsor, are expected to make the bottom 4, and now this.

I was a massive CHN fan, but this has ruined it all for me. If this is all true, the club needs to let them both go. Yes they'll probably go elsewhere and have great careers while the joke stays on us, but it's the right call. Just so pissed off over this! All within a week of RD1, just so selfish and truly un-bulldog like.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I’m disappointed , it shows how stupid they are. I really see chn as a future leader , proctor got off for cocaine, lodge legit had a lawsuit for terrorist a family , what’s to say they were both drunk and high ? That’s their excuse , what’s ours? Drunk? Doesn’t matter you give them any dirt on the dogs and they go to town, we will see the hypocrisy of the nrl as usual .. all good they broke the rules but would they honestly take home a 16 year old here? I call the girls lied . These guys cheated on their partners and all that, but I’m just waiting for the sacking by the nrl, while ***** like lodge, walker, Scott literally assault people , and do shit like that and something like this .. well it’s bad if they are 16 but you can’t tell me these two r dumb enough to bring home a 16 year old ? No way..

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
C'mon mate, dont downplay this..

This is massive.

You know what im talking about, that is getting all the players home to bed in their hotel room after the pub or dinner or wherever, ensuring no funny business. NO SCANDALS

other clubs do it ...right? Did you want them to have minders sitting on the end of their beds each night reading them nursery rhymes until they fall asleep or going through their phones? I know what you are saying but be realistic mate[/QUOTE]

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel sorry for their presumably ex partners. I will hold off full judgement until the whole story has surfaced. Theres a lot of speculation about what happened.

Not condoning anything they did because they shouldnt of put themselves in this situation.
This shows how immature these blokes are. It might not be criminal but it certainly tarnishes our reputation again.

I dont believe its the team managers fault or the boards for those blaming them, (particular old mate in other thread with his racist white people jabs). The players could of snuck them in after everyone was asleep. They cant be watched 24/7. Trust from staff and common sense from players has to come into play surely. they have to own up to their actions. Cant point the finger at anyone else!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know who he is.

Was he at port Macquarie at the time?

Or just a job for the boys and title but no actual tasks involved?
They do have one it’s Mitch Newton he’s a former prop from the 90’s and a cop. I’m not sure if he’s still a cop but his official title is Integrity Officer at the Bulldogs. The players would have been doing their best to hide the girls too so apart from going to room to room all night long to make sure they are in bed I’m not sure what they could have done? CHN and Okonbur should be held accountable above all else.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
C'mon mate, dont downplay this..

This is massive.

You know what im talking about, that is getting all the players home to bed in their hotel room after the pub or dinner or wherever, ensuring no funny business. NO SCANDALS

other clubs do it ...right?
Did you want them to have minders sitting on the end of their beds each night reading them nursery rhymes until they fall asleep or going through their phones? I know what you are saying but be realistic mate
[/QUOTE]
I’m not at all and have been very vocal
against this and shocked by how some people don’t see anything wrong with it.
I’m just saying without having a guard on the doors how do you stop girls coming over? It’s a large hotel. Sure maybe they could’ve done more but if this is as it seems there is only two to blame

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Professional athletes picking up schoolgirls and taking them back to their hotel is never going to be a "nothing story". Although they are the legal age of consent and probably look a lot older than 17 or 18, it's a really poor look for the game and the club, especially when we're struggling to get a sponsor. To put things in perspective, when most of us were getting up this morning to go to work, these girls were heading off to school.
Wow. I missed the bit about the school girls being from a school they visited.In the report from the club this wasn't mentioned specifically but I see it is in the one from Richie . Now that makes things a bit different in the light of the fact that, although it is reported as consensual and of age, the players were representing the club and the game at the particular school these girls attended and this is where the arrangements were allegedly made

If what has now been revealed by the media article about the way in which the meeting was arranged etc. is the case, now it is in a different light. If it had been outside of the school environment and not at/from the visit to the school it would have still been a stupid thing to do, but the lines are now blurred as to whether or not there could in fact be some sort of legal problem for them. The time frame would not matter whether or not it was one hour, one day or one week of a visit but the location would i.e the school.

Working with children checks etc. are part of being in a school environment and it is made quite clear that certain things between adults/ teachers and students in that school environment is a big no no.The questions that have to be answered as to any criminal history are pretty daunting and of course include any charges for things of a sexual nature etc. Correct behaviour around students is reinforced often at refresher courses each year and signed off on. Fraternization is not on and you are well and truly made aware of what is and isn't appropriate behaviour.

It means that people who visit schools in the capacity that footy players do too would also be subject to scrutiny and would have to follow proper guidelines.

As some others have said , this could not have been swept under the carpet, particularly with social media these days and the club was forthcoming with information most assuredly in the realisation that they could be headed for major pain. I cannot fault them for reporting as they did. It is already on wikipedia showing how quickly news spreads.

I think both the players will regret what occurred and realise they crossed a line and I have a feeling that the NRL will take pretty decisive action.It truly saddens me. Their personal lives will be in turmoil too.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I feel bad for their partners. And yeah as mentioned previously they will move onto new clubs and become stars and we will live with the stigma and reputation.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
We are not allowed to have a favourite player anymore..they always let us down.

Sbw Barba mason and now chn

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This club is a dead set shambles don't have the energy to watch this downward spiral that we keep getting told can't get any worse, that said at 24 I was sticking my dick in 18 year olds all the time.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know who he is.

Was he at port Macquarie at the time?

Or just a job for the boys and title but no actual tasks involved?
I’m not sure if he was there or not but this is the exact type of scenario you’d hire him for so I’d say he would have been.

I don’t hold him or the club responsible. You could have had 20 minders there and they could have found a way to sneak them in. You usually have minders to stop drunks trying to fight players you shouldn’t need minders to stop players sneaking in school girls into the team hotel!

Last edited: