News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Maybe the club needs to get Adam Johnson over to talk to the boys.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So you think there wouldn't have been complaints some time down the track if it hadn't come out? The girls parents would have given their daughters a pat on the back and let it go?

We live in a different world to when Johns and Lockyer played and this story would have eventually come out due to social media and there would be no way hiding it which would put a further tarnish on the club for not acting immediately. Seen as a cover-up. Whether our players or not they can't be defended here.
It could have been brought to the NRL’s attention without media knowledge. No complaint or charges but as a incident. No cover up, no sweeping things under the carpet. But this is overkill.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Regardless of right or wrong, old enough or not, these douche bags have broken team and NRL protocol, and tarnished image of oir club yet again. Every time the picks itself up offthe canvas after yet another low blow, some other selfish, stupid fucking player puts us in the firing line for another K.O.
As a fan, I'm fucking sick of this shit!!! Just like @GrogDog said, we will now not onlycop shit from apposingdans for being rapists, but pedophiles now as well. And these fucking morons direct this shit at us like we are the pedophile rapists.
If you put on our jersey, you represent our club, our fans, and if you fuck up, the shit sticks on usand the club.
Im a fan of CHN and Okunbour, but if the club tears their contracts up i will commend them for having the balls to do so.

A

Alexander the Great

How do you groom girls when they message you on instagram to hook up ? The boys should have not responded or deleted the message straight away but they interacted with them.

Using the word Grooming you are suggesting the boys went to the school with intent to lure the girls for sex.

Very different if these girls if legal age made first contact.

I think once the facts come out when can all make a better call on this
Very different in my view.
A grown man with a drug problem likely only hurting himself is very different to what looks like the grooming of young girls (to be determined). Bottom line is the public would demand (rightly) stronger action on the latter.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
For all you know the boys saw them inside of school, went out with them after school, took them back to the hotel.
Unlike you, it’s innocent until proven guilty. Something that Dogs fans over years have been crying out for and bagging DT, SMH etc over

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Mad Monday 2018 Napa 2019 CHN Okunbor 2020 - seriously - can we cut a friggin break?!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It is important to understand that the players are not being regarded as having committed any crimes, they are not in legal trouble, therefore they are not even being considered as having done any crime related to under age sex. They have clearly done one thing wrong, and it appears/is being speculated that they have done a second thing that is problematic, IF indeed it has been done.

1. They breached a clear code of conduct. Doing that should get a player in trouble, regardless of the club, whether that be a fine or suspension or both.
2. They MAY have breached guidelines around acceptable behaviour in relation to working in schools. These guidelines have been developed in recent times and have come about partly because of what has become known about pedophilia grooming. Because of the extreme consequences of pedophilia to victims, and the way it has so easily slipped under the radar in the past, current guidelines are very strict. Stepping over those particular boundaries, however, should in no way be interpreted as in and of itself pedophilic behaviour.

The first point, which appears to be well established, means some sort of consequences. The second point, IF true, makes things harder, but to what degree is impossible to know. The whole subject area is deeply divisive, because individuals, communities, and cultures all have various interpretations of different actions.

One thing is for sure, whatever ends up happening, some of us will feel it is too weak, some will feel it is too harsh, and some will feel it is about right. Then we can have a good old argument about that too...

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Regardless of right or wrong, old enough or not, these douche bags have broken team and NRL protocol, and tarnished image of oir club yet again. Every time the picks itself up offthe canvas after yet another low blow, some other selfish, stupid fucking player puts us in the firing line for another K.O.
As a fan, I'm fucking sick of this shit!!! Just like @GrogDog said, we will now not onlycop shit from apposingdans for being rapists, but pedophiles now as well. And these fucking morons direct this shit at us like we are the pedophile rapists.
If you put on our jersey, you represent our club, our fans, and if you fuck up, the shit sticks on usand the club.
Im a fan of CHN and Okunbour, but if the club tears their contracts up i will commend them for having the balls to do so.
Yep, it's the fans who cop the shit!

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
End result is there is enough evidence to stand them down to hear all sides of the situation before decisions are made. It is disappointing as they would have known that it was against club policy to have women at the hotel whilst traveling so they have already disregarded club policy. If they have existing GF's then they are going to alienate a lot of fans because that is morally wrong. Either way they have publicly dragged our club through the mud so they are definitely going to cop some form of punishment especially if that kills off the sponsorship deal.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what the hell has happened to the world.
Lets look at the facts.

Two men spent consensual time together with 2 adult women of legal age and the whole world is in uproar over it.... WTF.

But, if those same 2 men would have instead spent consensual time with 2 adult homosexual men of legal age, the whole of today's world would be applauding them.

I started going out with my wife when she was 17 & I was 22. 25 years of bliss later we are still going strong and gifted with 2 beautiful children.

Wake up world.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Unlike you, it’s innocent until proven guilty. Something that Dogs fans over years have been crying out for and bagging DT, SMH etc over
Relax bruz. Big breath in, big breath out. We disagree on something, it's ok to disagree sometimes. Life goes on

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Regardless of the what, how and why, they’ve fucked over the club and the fans.
Sick of the shit and good on the club for standing them down. First game on Thursday, against Parra. Fucking idiots.