Sydney Roosters sign Josh Morris from Cronulla Sharks

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
A lot of people on here seem to have something against Josh Morris. You all seem to say that he should honour his contract.

But what do you have to say about the Sharks trying to offload him in the Summer when they got Ramien? This kind of stuff happens both ways, am happy for Josh on the outcome.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Besides a million other things the Rotters are great at the PR jobs, get J Mozz a premiership, and show the world that they could for him what the dogs couldn't.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Is it me or have both the Morris boys become self entitled sooks since leaving us?
Maybe, or maybe they've been around long enough to see that no one is loyal. When Des/Dib messed things up and then tried to solve the problem by pushing Graham off to the Dragons, that was a big deal for a lot of the players who were then at the club. Jimmy was absolutely loyal, so much so he was a total professional about it. But the whole thing left a bad taste in plenty of peoples mouths at the time.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is it me or have both the Morris boys become self entitled sooks since leaving us?

Josh has definitely been a sook throughout this saga but eh, can't blame him for wanting to get away from the sinking ship I guess

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really know what direction they are going in, sorta feel like you've got to have either SJ or Moylan, but not both. I might be proven wrong, but I think letting Kyle walk could come back to hurt them.. thought they looked like a typical Sharks team when he was in the lineup
and they need to drop Dugan ASAP, and dont get me started with that flog Aaron Woods!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So Rorters can lose B Smith, take over and pay out the rest of JMoz' contract and still have $75k scleft to give Sharks as a transfer fee.

So well run that club ;)

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think anybody would argue that Josh deserves a premiership, he has worked his ass off for his entire career... would suck for him to have to finish his career at a sinking ship that is Cronulla
I think I legit may not be able to cope if the Rorters win again

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I legit may not be able to cope if the Rorters win again
it doesn't really bother me that much tbh.. they have no supporters to carry on about it anyway and here's hoping the sombrero will be exposed at some point and they will cop the Storm treatment. Plus anything that is a roadblock for Souths winning another one is a good thing until we're in contention again (whenever that may be)

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very good news if you hate the Rorters. They won’t be winning anything with Josh....it’s not that he’s not a good player, to the contrary, but he’s one of those jinx players that is destined to never win a GF.
He couldn’t win a GF one at St George and couldn’t win when he was with us. . Rorters won’t be winning the competition in 2020.

adamsapple

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If he wants to play with his brother so bad and cronulla had injuries....why didnt Brett sign for Cronulla lol

I'm sorry but this has tarnished JMoz a little in my eyes, he should have just wound up his career with us.
Don't think it tarnishes morris one bit
Cronulla asked him to look elsewhere and when he wanted to leave they said no

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boo fucking hoo I don't have a premiership and my brother does, boo fucking hoo can I play with my brother pretty please it has nothing to do with me having no premiership I wanna play with my bruva pwease, if you don't let me I'm gonna chuck a tantrum, MR Greenturd can I go to the woosters pwease, allacazam your a rorter Mr Morris and uncle Nic you've still got 5 million left in your sombrero, all is good.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't think anybody would argue that Josh deserves a premiership, he has worked his ass off for his entire career... would suck for him to have to finish his career at a sinking ship that is Cronulla
On face value no. But to leave a signed contract and obviously let it slip enough times to the media about being unhappy etc then I'm sorry I don't agree. Plenty of great players never saw a premiership and no doubt he thought the sharks may have brought him one however they didn't and he wants to go to the SC cheats now. Nah, it comes off a little rude to me! Love how the Rosters as usual have the cash sitting around to sign an ex-international 2 days out from season start aswell.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
On face value no. But to leave a signed contract and obviously let it slip enough times to the media about being unhappy etc then I'm sorry I don't agree. Plenty of great players never saw a premiership and no doubt he thought the sharks may have brought him one however they didn't and he wants to go to the SC cheats now. Nah, it comes off a little rude to me! Love how the Rosters as usual have the cash sitting around to sign an ex-international 2 days out from season start aswell.
Yep. They have not had to upgrade new contracts for any other player so they still have ALL of Cooper's money available..oh and Latrell's.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

yeah fair enough man, it's a bit of a shit go.. would be interesting to know what has happened behind the scenes because I doubt he would have done the same if it was a good club... ahh I highly doubt he would be costing them a lot, as much as I love to take stabs at the sombrero lol

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh has definitely been a sook throughout this saga but eh, can't blame him for wanting to get away from the sinking ship I guess
Well he shouldn't have joined said 'sinking ship' in the first place and joined his brother at the chooks in the first place.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They'll sign Josh Morris for this year then Xerri for next, fkn unbelievable that club. Yet we need years and years to get out of the saga Hasler created.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People call sharks a sinking ship. Look at the money ow club has compared to sharks and then look at the results on field.
If there a sinking ship we are an empty treasure chest.