News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like others have said, players from other clubs did worse and are playing round 1. Why can't our club just fine the players then the only ones penalised are the players. This way by them missing games the club is also penalising the fans and the rest of the team.

Last edited:

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest update from daily telegraph now reporting alleged sex scandal.
Can someone put article up if your able to please

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Like others have said, players from other clubs did worse and are playing round 1. Why can't our club just fine the players then the only ones penalised are the players. This way the club is also penalising the fans and the rest of the team.
I think I would of rather a Curtis Scott/Matt Lodge type incident than this gross, meet a school girl after she is done with her classes pedo foul creepy shit. But also in saying that, the whole lot off them should be fucked off

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
So they could de registered and Curtis Scott and that Parramatta player facing court on Thursday are still allowed to play? What a joke!
Some numbnuts here would agree to them being deregistered. Seriously, the way they bang on you’d think they would rather criminals in our team

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think I would of rather a Curtis Scott/Matt Lodge type incident than this gross, meet a school girl after she is done with her classes pedo foul creepy shit. But also in saying that, the whole lot off them should be fucked off
Dunno enough about Scott case, but the details on the Lodge case are clear enough, he shouldn't be playing, end of story.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latest update from daily telegraph now reporting alleged sex scandal.
Can someone put article up if your able to please
NRL 2020: Canterbury Bulldogs Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor suspended
Bulldogs players Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor have been provisionally suspended and will miss the Round 1 clash against the Eels following shock claims.

The NRL has been rocked by yet another sex scandal on the eve of the code’s season opener with two Canterbury players sensationally stood down amid claims they had sex with two schoolgirls.

Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor were due to be named in the Bulldogs side to play the Eels at Bankwest Stadium on Thursday night but will not play.

The incidents allegedly took place at the team hotel during the club’s visit to Port Macquarie for a trial game last month. It is understood the two females are above the age of consent and the sex was consensual. There is no criminal investigation into the matter.

Corey Harawira-Naera has been issued a show cause notice by the NRL Picture: Alix Sweeney

But Canterbury officials have ruled the two players breached the club’s and the NRL’s code of conduct.

The scandal is a horrible blow to the NRL ahead a massive season kick-off between the fierce western Sydney rivals at what is expected to be a sold out Bankwest Stadium.

The NRL is furious the claims have tarnished the season’s opening blockbuster.

Harawira-Naera and Okunbor have been issued show cause notices by the NRL and could face further disciplinary action.

Jayden Okunbor will also miss the match against the Eels. Picture: Chris Hyde/Getty Images

The Daily Telegraph has been told the two players met the students during a school visit to promote the club’s trial match against Canberra.

Sources claim the alleged sexual encounters were revealed after the women spoke of the incident on a group app.

The parents of both teenagers were told of the claims.

Most NRL clubs forbid women from visiting team hotels on away trips.

The Port Macquarie school where the girls attend has also been made aware.

The incidents could not have come at a worse time for the Bulldogs, who were closing in on securing a major jersey sponsor for 2020.

Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is expected to hold a press conference this morning to discuss the behaviour of his two players. In the club’s statement, CEO Andrew Hill said: “While neither player is the subject of a criminal investigation, the club is treating the matter very seriously. The allegations are that each player engaged in behaviour that represents a serious breach of the NRL rules and the Bulldogs’ code of conduct.’’

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/7aa1b76b040793a4f439b070ff2b945a

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dunno enough about Scott case, but the details on the Lodge case are clear enough, he shouldn't be playing, end of story.
The guy went into a families home with a young child right there and destroyed the father!! The kid would be tormented forever! But no, let’s deregister these two. And our supporters want to agree? Lol soft c’s

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Legal? Who cares if it's legal and consensual. These two players have shown total disrespect towards the club,players and fans. Every player knows where the boundaries are and these two overstepped it with total disregard for everyone involved with the club and the game.

We sit here continually commenting when similar situations arise and defend players saying women throw themselves at them but this to me is an example of two players thinking they are king shit and show no morals or maturity knowing it was wrong to go there not only for the club but their families FFS!!

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
TIL, Fucking with girls of consenting age is now being a pedo. Clutching at your pearls much?

And before you ask if I’m a pedo or whatever you’re about to ask me, these ain’t 40 year old blokes fondling little kiddies, so lay of the hyperbole.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Even more the reason why I think the club should have tried harder to keep it within the club. They only found out last Friday morning.

Its another shir stain on the club.
It was out there on social media and too many people knew. It was never going away

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Legal? Who cares if it's legal and consensual. These two players have shown total disrespect towards the club,players and fans. Every player knows where the boundaries are and these two overstepped it with total disregard for everyone involved with the club and the game.

We sit here continually commenting when similar situations arise and defend players saying women throw themselves at them but this to me is an example of two players thinking they are king shit and show no morals or maturity knowing it was wrong to go there not only for the club but their families FFS!!
Andrew Johns and Lockyer just to name a few were known coke heads and drug users all their careers and will both end up immortals but let’s smash our own players for no charges or complaints related incidents

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe some stupid people actually agree with this!! You serious? You would rather a grown man rampaging into a family home and violently strike a father in front of a mother and child, at no fault of his own, mentally harm this family forever?

I can see who agreed with it, the same clan that are seriously mindless

A

Alexander the Great

8 weeks suspension for breaching the clubs code of coduct would have been suffice. We are not bound by the nrl or media to release information on why we have stood players down.

Yes I agree that the club has to report any incident/ complaint made to them though this information was not given to them in a formal complaint. There was no complaint from what I have been told. It was all rumours and someone inside the club told Hill.

The whatsapp group i no nothing about or seen anything about this so until proof comes out about it and what was in the group chat we can't really make valid points on it.

We won't agree on this topic and I understand where yiu are coming from but our club owes no favour to the nrl. I would rather protect our own then give the NRL and media the heads up. Im about being loyal ...
Fine us do whatever you like but it can't get any worse compared to how they treat us as a club.

Its US vs The NRL

8 weeks on the sidelines and a whopping fine to show the boys in the squad that its not on, making them attend a meeting with the school directors at that school to discuss the issue along with counselling for the players and their partners /families would have been what I would expect to keep this in house.

It may have been leaked but maybe it wouldn't have if we at least tried to sweet it under the carpet like some other clubs do.

Like i have said in a previous post CHN is looked up by many of the boys and if he gets thrown out if the game its not going to sit well with many.

Let's hope it all blows over and they are back on the field in a few weeks time.

And how would they keep it in house? You wanted the players suspended for 8 weeks and fined in a previous post do you think no one would notice them missing for 8 weeks? You also have to report any kind of incident to the Integrity Unit. It was reported that it was getting spread in a WhatsApp group and it was bound to get out sooner or later and it becomes a even bigger problem.

A

Alexander the Great

At least try and cover it up....have a crack you blokes.

We need uncle Nick at the club
They breached the NRL code of conduct which has moral clauses in it when representing the NRL banner.They breached the clubs code of conduct when representing the club. Management had no choice but to stand them down and they will face the wrath of the NRL when the integrity unit finishes their investigation.
This is a huge black eye for for the game and the club itself.The monetary factor alone should see sufficient deterrents applied.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
TIL, Fucking with girls of consenting age is now being a pedo. Clutching at your pearls much?

And before you ask if I’m a pedo or whatever you’re about to ask me, these ain’t 40 year old blokes fondling little kiddies, so lay of the hyperbole.
They consenting age is 16 right ? Thats still fucked mate. They are school kids. Even If they are 17 or 18 that is still weird cause they are at school. How can you not see its strange and creepy

A

Alexander the Great

Don't get me started at what I have heard/seen that goes on a the Sharkies
it would be naive to think that this is not a common theme in the NRL... these two were just stupid enough to get in trouble for it

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's time to go on a signing spree. Asiata + Addo-Carr + Garner
No to all... If CHN is gone as a result of this the only signing that will make up for his loss is Fifita

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I can’t believe some stupid people actually agree with this!! You serious? You would rather a grown man rampaging into a family home and violently strike a father in front of a mother and child, at no fault of his own, mentally harm this family forever?

I can see who agreed with it, the same clan that are seriously mindless
There both fucking gronks Lodge and CHN. I couldn't care less about other flops at different clubs. I only care about what happens at the Bulldogs. People saying oh what about him what about that guy doesn't change that fact that CHN and Jayden have put us in a tough spot agin