News Jayden Okunbor and Corey Harawira-Naera stood down

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
blaming the club cos these two meatheads cheated on their partners with school kids? Seriously?
I wasn't aware they were school girls met at a school function.... this changes everything... i thought the club outed them for just bringing random women back to their hotel.

A

Alexander the Great

I doubt they play the game again especially being link to us and our history in Coffs harbour.
Wet dreams for all media outlet's.

Our own fans here reaction is a good indication of what its about to come from the mainstream media and other fans.

Yeah, if this all turns out to be true, gotta feel for the partners. Hopefully these blokes can learn from it and make amends in some way, they are going to need plenty of support if they are going to navigate their way through what's coming their way. Can't imagine they've gotten much sleep since Friday or whenever it was the club first found out. Maybe even before that if they've got much of a conscience about their partners.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. They had consenul sex with someone who is of legal age. So what the fuck is the problem?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From a club point of view we proclaim the ‘family club’ values and no dick head policy

Then these two do this

Not illegal

Just stupid

And morally wrong

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It’s more the disrespect towards the coaching staff and club that pisses me off. How hard is it to just follow the rules. They are so lucky it hasn’t blown up into anything bigger. One or two game suspension and move on.
A fine too. It has to hurt in the hip pocket. Assuming guilt is proven of course.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Legal age or not, it's creepy, sleazy and not a good look. Would any of you want your 17 year old daughter still in high school hooking up with a 24 year old footy player? Probably not..

You might say it's only a 7 year age gap and the girls are responsible enough to make their own decisions, and they are.

But 17 is still a naive enough age to not have your head screwed on straight or know better, or to be bamboozled by a celebrity footy player coming to town..

A 24 year old professional footy player that could probably hook up with any other random groupie that's not still in high school should also know better, especially to not bring them back to the team hotel.

So is this the crime of the century? No.. Are they sleazes, creeps and have they put the club in a bad light when our club has a bad enough history with incidents with women? Absolutely, and for that I commend the club for taking action.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree their behavior shows the other players they didn't really want to play for the team and do everything they can to help us win this season, if they did they would follow the clubs code and concentrate on their game, CHN especially was asked to be a leader pretty deflating to the younger players to see how committed to the club he was....

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. They had consenul sex with someone who is of legal age. So what the fuck is the problem?
Problem is merely an internal club one. You just don't do that kind of stuff when you are on a club mandated trip to a school. NRL should not get involved, a fine should suffice.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Legal age or not, it's creepy, sleazy and not a good look. Would any of you want your 17 year old daughter hooking up with a 24 year old footy player?

You might say it's only a 7 year age gap and the girls are responsible enough to make their own decisions, and they are.

But 17 is still a naive enough age to not have your head screwed on straight or no better.

A 24 year old professional footy player that could probably hook up with any other random groupie that's not still in high school should also know better, especially to not bring them back to the team hotel.

So is this the crime of the century? No.. Are they sleazes, creeps and have they put the club in a bad light when our club has a bad enough history with incidents with women? Absolutely and for that I commend the club for taking action.
Plus picking them up at a club sanctioned school visit. There must have been some contact there for them to magically get to the teams hotel.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
This would’ve inevitably come out and the club would’ve been crucified for attempting to sweep it under the rug.

It’s embarrassing enough of a scenario as it is. Good on the club for getting on the front foot and self-reporting.

These 2 have spat on the clubs behavioural standards on the eve of a new season, whilst in a region where we’ve just formed a crucial partnership. Speaking of partnerships - what does this do for our major sponsorship prospects? Pair of idiots, must be held accountable and they will be.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to agree, but I think it’s far more complex to break this thing down in black and white.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exposing them to the media and general public is my issue.

Dealing with them inside the clubs walls, offering counselling for them and their partners, giving them huge fines and making them sit out for 8 weeks would have been my approach but what would I know.
Be nice if they could deal with it in house but it would get leaked or some journo would sniff it out

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imo nothing will happen to them, maybe more games missed and a fine.

I know it's all legal and what ever but these guys are grown men chatting up SCHOOL GIRLS lol. FFS seriously? When I was in my 20s, high schoolers were the last fucking girls I wanted to plonk lol. Seems creepy in my book.

well done

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For those thinking its nothing compared to Scott and the Sivo its actually a lot worse.

Those guys might have done things that result in charges but they were not while they were on official club time.

These dills have accepted phone numbers from school girls during school visits, that is a serious breach of department of ed policy and procedures. I am sure the players have had lessons on how to do school visits, so this is just plain dumb.

This reflects on the whole code, schools will now be not so comfortable having teams visit them.

Then you have the fact they started the texting with the girls , as they met them at a school visit that could be seen as grooming (did they give the girls the idea they wanted their phone numbers and were keen??? who knows but by using the numbers they get into this grey area)

They then bought them into the team hotel, once again this while they are "working", representing the club, not at a night club or bar and taken them to a random hotel room.

These guys will have their contracts ripped up, careers over,

the best we can hope for is its quick and we can spend the extra cap space this season