Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Just loose predictions by epidemiologists
This is mostly my point right here. The media seize on these loose numbers and go nuts with them. Then they get into the world of social media and people start acting like imbeciles and acting out of fear than with rational thought.

After months of this virus existing Australia has managed to have a few people killed by this virus. Count them on one hand.

More people have died from *name your disease/illness in the last week than have died from Coronavirus in the last 2 months in this country.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
.. But it does mean millions could die.)
I know you're just quoting some dude, so it's not you saying it.

But how does anyone get from 3000 deaths in China, to suddenly saying that millions could die ?

I think the problem with these big news stories is that suddenly media outlets go crawling for anyone who they can call an expert and who will sprout out random stats that generally mean nothing.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The media have had a field day with this. I don't assume that it's not something to be concerned about. But the over reaction that it's caused needs to be fought with sensible information. And the media aren't as interested in providing reasoned views as much as they are in keeping the hysteria going to ensure that people keep on viewing clickbait stories.

This is an extension of the idea that "if it bleeds, it leads" theory. In advertising, sex sells. But with news media fear sells.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Question for anyone in the know with work place shit,mate called up we going to new Zealand on Thursday his work just told him if you go ,you must quarantine for 2 weeks afterwards obviously unpaid .
Can work places put these rules into place with a country that has 5 people with the virus?
What kind of work?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Put the toilet paper dooown
""I'll be back"

Proceeds to walk to the bathroom with 12 pack of toilet paper.
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...ive-coverage/5858b3447be04c6938dc61ded8930071

Top doctor says it's sensible to stockpile toilet paper

Sucks eggs people... Those who acted late are left out in no man's land
There is plenty of grass so worst case just do what man's best friend does a drag your arse across the grass after snapping one off.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Telecoms Ericsson so he may be fucked they have some global policy
Could be, seems excessive though. Can understand it for workers in critical healthcare areas, but for general office/tech or blue collar work... Better half works at a large law firm where they have plenty of staff going international. They don't have mandatory self-isolation just for being overseas, let alone to a low risk place like NZ.

And the thing about not getting paid, that sucks. Sure, someone is going to have to pay for the economic losses coming out of this, but at least offer half pay or something, share around the burden.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be, seems excessive though. Can understand it for workers in critical healthcare areas, but for general office/tech or blue collar work... Better half works at a large law firm where they have plenty of staff going international. They don't have mandatory self-isolation just for being overseas, let alone to a low risk place like NZ.

And the thing about not getting paid, that sucks. Sure, someone is going to have to pay for the economic losses coming out of this, but at least offer half pay or something, share around the burden.
I find it Bizzare considering nz has only 5 cases ,I got told after go Japan in April to montitor for 2 weeks any symptoms go to hospital then isolate .other than that it's carry on as normal

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clementine Ford was hiding books on the train the other day to promote retarded women authors no one cares about.if you got desperate you could wipe your arse with that ,but I assume the pages would already be full of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.