Opinion The best looking jersey and colours in the NRL?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red, White and Blue is true while red and green should never be seen.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Warriors jersey from a few years ago was Sexy AF, ruined by the Vodafone logo on the chest.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's people's thoughts on bringing similarities from the NBA to NRL with Jerseys?

Name on back with number?
Name/Brand more prominent on front?

We all know sponsors are hugely important but I wouldn't mind seeing a more focus on the team on the front. Whether it's a larger logo or team name/location more dominant.

Opinions?

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Those Panthers cheerleaders with the black leather outfits are the winners.
Closely followed by the Sea Eagles ones with the silver shorts.
Nom Nom Nom.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
Best colour coordination in the NRL
Bulldogs
Sharks
Newcastle
Souths
Melbourne

worst:
Titans !
Nth QLD

everyone else is just meh, in between.
A few things to note;
Souths is unique for sport as green and red have always been considered 'no go' in terms of fashion and design. They survive due to their age really. A new team in sport would not take those colours.
Warriors I can honestly say I don't even know their colour scheme? Are they blue,green,red and white? Black and grey? Black red and white? Roosters colours? I genuinely don't know, and considering how much I know about RL, that absolutely speaks volumes on their branding.

finally, there has been some designs taht I have loved over the years that aren't true to the Clubs colours. The most obvious and recent one is the Old Gold and black panthers design, and their black and teal Carolina knock off design not long before that.
Why they popped up? I have no clue.
Why they then went? Also no clue.
Gould playing with an art set I think. But they were great.
Our own black design from 2014 there about was quite gangstalicious too. Nasheed.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man that is so true about the Warriors lol I never thought about that before

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sharks and bulldogs are best. Always thought parras colours were pretty bad, the blue and yellow combination makes their jerseys look like generic rugby shirts from a dollar store.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sharks and bulldogs are best. Always thought parras colours were pretty bad, the blue and yellow combination makes their jerseys look like generic rugby shirts from a dollar store.
It's ok but a very generic kind of combination.

It has dawned on me in the past that ever since the bears got kicked out, we haven't had a red and black combo.

the reason why I find that odd, is it's because research has shown it is the most favoured colour combination in sporting clubs by fans.

This is why the western suburbs wanderers jumped on the bears old jersey design.

Titans should have been the ones to jump on it, already some colour association with seagulls, and they could have played with the composition a bit more. Maybe change the red to a maroony navy and had that predominant, to represent it being a QLD team.

It is actually a big problem for some that the Titans have sky blue as their most predominant colour given they are a QLD team, hence why they were close to redesigning their colour scheme a couple of years back to add maroon into it.
just another thing they got wrong.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Nasheed here.
Best colour coordination in the NRL
Bulldogs
Sharks
Newcastle
Souths
Melbourne

worst:
Titans !
Nth QLD

everyone else is just meh, in between.
A few things to note;
Souths is unique for sport as green and red have always been considered 'no go' in terms of fashion and design. They survive due to their age really. A new team in sport would not take those colours.
Warriors I can honestly say I don't even know their colour scheme? Are they blue,green,red and white? Black and grey? Black red and white? Roosters colours? I genuinely don't know, and considering how much I know about RL, that absolutely speaks volumes on their branding.

finally, there has been some designs taht I have loved over the years that aren't true to the Clubs colours. The most obvious and recent one is the Old Gold and black panthers design, and their black and teal Carolina knock off design not long before that.
Why they popped up? I have no clue.
Why they then went? Also no clue.
Gould playing with an art set I think. But they were great.
Our own black design from 2014 there about was quite gangstalicious too. Nasheed.
Penrith wore black and teal? Can't remember that.

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as I hate the dragons the red and white goes we'll as a colour combo have to admit.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Penrith wore black and teal? Can't remember that.
Yeah nice guy.
They have had a few and a whole range of supporter wear just teal and black.

google black teal Penrith Panthers for a bunch of merch.

black and old gold was their best.

Attachments

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I actually wore this jumper on a date with a bitch two years ago and been to dogs games in it.
How good is the colour scheme.

Alll black with a little classy gold.

you should be publicly stoned

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pemriff are just another team who don't even know what their colours are. black, white, grey, teal, pink, brown, yellow, red, green, gold..

Losers