News Dogs rookie reveals the moment he learned of shock Round 1 call-up

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis is a future origin player. He’s tuff and has a strong defensive attitude.
If Wakeham can be involved in 1 try for the Dogs, and not be part of a defensive error leading to any tries to the Eels, that will count as job well done. Don't want to put too high expectation on him.
He was in reserve grade and killed it for Fiji. He put half of Nrl first graders on show. I think he will put parramatta on show Thursday night.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wonder if Shifty opinion of who should play alongside Lewis carried any weight with Pay?
Sherwin was a local junior and Wakeham is a local junior. When your fan, your a great player.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will see Thursday if he made the right choice . Those were bad choice of words to be quoted.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The only thing to watch out for on Thursday night is okunbor

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Lachlan like a lot of people on here just assumed Cogger would be picked because he has not exactly done anything wrong not to be selected, just that there is another guy who is potentially better

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If Wakeham can be involved in 1 try for the Dogs, and not be part of a defensive error leading to any tries to the Eels, that will count as job well done. Don't want to put too high expectation on him.
If he's going to be pigeonholed onto an edge then I doubt he will create much more than the players before him, that just limits his options and plays away from what he's good at. Foran has been the only half to have the freedom to play across the park in good ball areas and he produced more than double the try involvements per game than our other halves... hopefully Wakeham is afforded the same opportunity and it just isn't limited to the more experienced Foran.

A

Alexander the Great

I like the fact Lewis is calling him out on his defence. Harden up and smash some ***** and prove him wrong Brandon.

Hope he fires up against Parramatta this week

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think Lachlan like a lot of people on here just assumed Cogger would be picked because he has not exactly done anything wrong not to be selected, just that there is another guy who is potentially better
I think some of his comments are very damaging, his halves partner is questioning his selection and ability.

When Lewis says things like he hopes everyone does their job so fingers aren't pointed, it's not really needed or fair on a kid who's played 3 games.

Sometimes it's better just to say nothing.

A

Alexander the Great

If a comment like that is going to break his game he is not made for first grade.

JT copped it sweet with "too small" rubbish and took it on the chin and went on to be the greatest player in the game in my opinion.

I do agree he should not be saying that stuff but on the other hand hopefully he uses this to fire up and prove him wrong
I think some of his comments are very damaging, his halves partner is questioning his selection and ability.

When he says things like he hopes everyone does their job so fingers aren't pointed, it's not really needed or fair on a kid who's played 3 games.

Sometimes it's better just to say nothing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s all about wakeham at the moment, he must be absolutely buzzing. an on cloud 9, good on him, and pay had to pick him for round 1, it needed to be done an I’m glad it was.!!! Hurry up an just bring on Thursday evening.

Last edited:
A

Alexander the Great

I hope his isn't stuff on a edge because he natural game is great from what I have seen and is very calm when he plays his hand.
See how it all plays out on Thursday
If he's going to be pigeonholed onto an edge then I doubt he will create much more than the players before him, that just limits his options and plays away from what he's good at. Foran has been the only half to have the freedom to play across the park in good ball areas and he produced more than double the try involvements per game than our other halves... hopefully Wakeham is afforded the same opportunity and it just isn't limited to the more experienced Foran.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don’t think pays stupid enough to put him to close to the edge cause he can’t tackle ,god help us if Ferguson or silo runs at him.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If a comment like that is going to break his game he is not made for first grade.

JT copped it sweet with "too small" rubbish and took it on the chin and went on to be the greatest player in the game in my opinion.

I do agree he should not be saying that stuff but on the other hand hopefully he uses this to fire up and prove him wrong
From the rest of the comments Wakeham made I doubt he's going to cry himself to sleep about what Lewis said.

But what's wrong with pumping your team mate up, being happy for him, saying I'm sure he'll do well. Much better than all the shit Lewis said.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly thought Cogger would be picked over Wakeham because Pay talks alot about X amount of games under your belt and Pay generally seems conservative.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Brandon Wakeham will kill it. He can run, he can kick and he can read the game. His the sherwin we were waiting for. We have $550k to spend through the season. I won’t be surprise if we sign Jamayne Isaako mid season.
Where would Jamayne Isaako play though? Wing or centres?

A

Alexander the Great

He is worried that if he kills it foran comes back and takes his spot???

Foran/wakeham would be sweet
From the rest of the comments Wakeham made I doubt he's going to cry himself to sleep about what Lewis said.

But what's wrong with pumping your team mate up, being happy for him, saying I'm sure he'll do well. Much better than all the shit Lewis said.