News Brandon Wakeham will start in the halves for Canterbury in their season opener against Parramatta

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance of Wakeman taking over the goal kicking duties from Meaney? Just asking for a mate ...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Any chance of Wakeman taking over the goal kicking duties from Meaney? Just asking for a mate ...
Does your mate have the initials SC? It's possible Meaney doesn't kick as he's returning from a hamstring injury but he's probably the better kicker at this stage.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa went OK in the last trail and has had 2 weeks since to tune up some more. I don't see any issue with him playing the majority of the game.

Go Dogs
Still only 1 game, and a limited pre season. JMK is coming off a limited one too.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger played great against the panthers in that game where he took on the line a few times even got through to score. Wakeham is full of talent But Cogger is composed and continues to improve each game, both i rate .. I rate Lewis highly too

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
"Hooker Jeremy Marshall-King has made a full recovery from shoulder surgery and has been training with the main squad for the past three to four weeks. The 24-year old is available for selection this week."
Source https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/03/09/injury-update-a-host-of-stars-available-for-selection/

Go Dogs
Lol that's funny, the club love telling fibs. It was only 3 weeks ago that the club claimed

"Jeremy Marshall-King has started non-contact skills with the team and will be phased into the main group over the next 2-3 weeks".
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/02/17/injury-update-jackson-and-elliott-eye-raiders-trial/

Yet now they claim he has been training with the main group for up to a month?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Hooker Jeremy Marshall-King has made a full recovery from shoulder surgery and has been training with the main squad for the past three to four weeks. The 24-year old is available for selection this week."
Lol that's funny, the club love telling fibs. It was only 3 weeks ago that the club claimed
"Jeremy Marshall-King has started non-contact skills with the team and will be phased into the main group over the next 2-3 weeks".
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/02/17/injury-update-jackson-and-elliott-eye-raiders-trial/
Yet now they claim he has been training with the main group for up to a month?
You are always looking for a negative angle aren't you! Read what it actually says, he could have been doing non contact skills with the main squad, note the term "phased", which means sometimes with the main squad and sometimes not. Which generally means a player is doing some targeted recovery work and then joins the main squad for specific sessions. "Training with the main squad" doesn't include the term "full time" which goes further into the "phasing into".

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You are always looking for a negative angle aren't you! Read what it actually says, he could have been doing non contact skills with the main squad, note the term "phased", which means sometimes with the main squad and sometimes not. Which generally means a player is doing some targeted recovery work and then joins the main squad for specific sessions. "Training with the main squad" doesn't include the term "full time" which goes further into the "phasing into".

Go Dogs
I'm not looking for anything, I simply read articles and noticed some inconsistencies. BTW your explanation is horrible.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not looking for anything, I simply read articles and noticed some inconsistencies. BTW your explanation is horrible.
More accurately "I simply read articles and look for things that confirm my biases (even if they aren't there)".

Go Dogs

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Katoa went OK in the last trail and has had 2 weeks since to tune up some more. I don't see any issue with him playing the majority of the game.

Go Dogs
I thought he was good in the first trial as well... couple of errors early but finished strong and was heavily involved on both sides of the footy with mostly crisp service... I said in another post that at least with Katoa it is noticeable that we have an actual hooker on the field and not a dud (Lichaa) or somebody we're trying to mould into a 9 (Mbye, JMK ..Holland)

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought he was good in the first trial as well... couple of errors early but finished strong and was heavily involved on both sides of the footy with mostly crisp service... I said in another post that at least with Katoa it is noticeable that we have an actual hooker on the field and not a dud (Lichaa) or somebody we're trying to mould into a 9 (Mbye, JMK ..Holland)
Trying to guess the team for R1 is never easy, I'm leaning towards Katoa starting with JMK off the bench, we'll find out when they run out onto the field.

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Trying to guess the team for R1 is never easy, I'm leaning towards Katoa starting with JMK off the bench, we'll find out when they run out onto the field.

Go Dogs
it's an easy choice for me but yeah we will see which way Dean goes and I guess find out if JMK is even fit to play at all

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Apparently it’s
Holland
Britt
To omaga
Rfm
Wow that’s quite surprising
I guess holland is a better utility than Katoa but if JMK doesn’t need an interchange Katoa can play lock
I really like Ogden as a bench impact player, I was hoping he would play
I thought RFM was injured for rd 1

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wasn’t there an article recently where Lewis emphatically states Cogger will be in the halves hmm