Official Injury Update: A host of stars available for selection

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah well that's your opinion. For the lock rotation role I disagree tho. Looking within and at our players I actually like Smith. The club also re-signed Smith when he wouldn't of been needed if that was the case (if RFM and Britt were ahead of him). I feel like the club thinks the same. If we're also to believe what the club said when Smith was injured he was going to be a big part of our team this year.
we it looks like his injury saved Pay another selection embarrassment then ..

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
RFM back earlier than expected.

Might need a couple of weeks to get some match fitness in reggies and pending how he goes, could be a smokie for a bench middle spot.
I hope not
Hope he’s straight back on the bench and play a middle field role
We need his leg drive and creativity in the middle
20-30 mins max

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Expecting this 21 to be named tomorrow?

DWZ
Meaney
Hoppa
Smith
Okunbor
Lewis
Wakeham
Napa
JMK
Tolman
CHN
Jackson
Elliott

Britt
To'omaga
RFM
Holland

Averillo
Stimson
Ogden
Katoa

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

DWZ
Meaney
Hoppa
Smith
Okunbor
Lewis
Wakeham
Napa
JMK
Tolman
CHN
Jackson
Elliott

Britt
To'omaga
RFM
Holland

Averillo
Stimson
Ogden
Katoa
Looks like Wakeham is at 6.

Rising Canterbury playmaker Brandon Wakeham has confirmed he’s won the battle for the Bulldogs’ No.6 jumper.

Wakeham revealed coach Dean Pay told him the good news on Friday. It means the local junior will partner Lachlan Lewis in the halves against Parramatta on Thursday night.

Reimis Smith also told The Daily Telegraph he will get first crack at centre on the left edge.

He’ll partner Nick Meaney, who has recovered from a hamstring injury and will start on the left wing.

Meaney’s availability means KFC SuperCoach cheapie prospect Jake Averillo won’t make the 17.

The right edge will be Will Hopoate at centre and Jayden Okunbor on the wing.

With an average age of 23.1, it’s the youngest backline in the NRL.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/8abb92874d24b47b031dd0aad91a3546

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope not
Hope he’s straight back on the bench and play a middle field role
We need his leg drive and creativity in the middle
20-30 mins max
I hope that is the case too but given he was not originally due back for a few more weeks, you just dont know I guess.
At the end of last year when he was being used the right way, he was awesome.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Looks like Wakeham is at 6.

Rising Canterbury playmaker Brandon Wakeham has confirmed he’s won the battle for the Bulldogs’ No.6 jumper.

Wakeham revealed coach Dean Pay told him the good news on Friday. It means the local junior will partner Lachlan Lewis in the halves against Parramatta on Thursday night.

Reimis Smith also told The Daily Telegraph he will get first crack at centre on the left edge.

He’ll partner Nick Meaney, who has recovered from a hamstring injury and will start on the left wing.

Meaney’s availability means KFC SuperCoach cheapie prospect Jake Averillo won’t make the 17.

The right edge will be Will Hopoate at centre and Jayden Okunbor on the wing.

With an average age of 23.1, it’s the youngest backline in the NRL.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/8abb92874d24b47b031dd0aad91a3546
Sucks.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
reading is not your strong point, i said 2 mil a season... and I was being facetious obviously ... no surprise you thought it was serious though..
And I was being facetious right back, just as obviously.

Go Dogs

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good news having a full deck to start the season.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah well that's your opinion. For the lock rotation role I disagree tho. Looking within and at our players I actually like Smith. The club also re-signed Smith when he wouldn't of been needed if that was the case (if RFM and Britt were ahead of him). I feel like the club thinks the same. If we're also to believe what the club said when Smith was injured he was going to be a big part of our team this year.
I like most wouldn’t have Elliot and Smith in the 17. I’d name only one of them probably Elliot as he has a touch more experience. Smith works hard but he doesn’t offer anything else. They resigned him cause he is a handy player when you have injuries etc.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Our bench honestly looks pretty impressive and has enough power and versatility on it to help us cope with numerous situations. Still think one of To'omaga or Britt should be starting to help balance out our forward pack while Elliott is far more suited as a bench player than starter.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Our bench honestly looks pretty impressive and has enough power and versatility on it to help us cope with numerous situations. Still think one of To'omaga or Britt should be starting to help balance out our forward pack while Elliott is far more suited as a bench player than starter.
Agree, I think our whole forward pack has a bunch of disparate skill sets amongst them with power, offload, line runners, edge and middle cover and a bit of mongrel in defence.

Go Dogs

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty it’s not a bad lineup considering a few players were in doubt up until last week
We can win this game if the boys just stick it out for the first 20 minutes
Our attack has to be better than last year especially backing up a lead runner looking to offload like Britt
JMK also needs to provide good service and dart out when they are tired

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score

DWZ
Meaney
Hoppa
Smith
Okunbor
Lewis
Wakeham
Napa
JMK
Tolman
CHN
Jackson
Elliott

Britt
To'omaga
RFM
Holland

Averillo
Stimson
Ogden
Katoa
Looks familiar

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sivo vs knock on burrrr
I’m having nightmares already

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely Kerrod Holland will only be there until JMK is 100% match fit??

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I would have Cogger on the bench instead of Holland

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely pay has learnt from last year elliott was terrible as a starter but was great off the bench