• Total voters

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pretty confident we are gonna get a shellacking tbh

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meaney and JMK rumoured to be back is a worry because they had no time in the trials (match fitness) and JMK hasn’t done much of anything pre season.

Meaney will go ok as he’s on the wing but JMK defending in the middle

I’d start Katoa and JMK utility on bench

Parra will be tough to beat at home in round one so I think we might just lose this one (hopefully I’m wrong)

mikey

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Too early in the season for us to have any cohesion. Parra will be up for a big game, and will be hungry to start the season off with a win; and it will be like shooting fish in a barrel. I expect us to be rolled with a big score against us.
Yeah i agree.our last trial against the raiders we had 32 missed tackles that’s a worry.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah i agree.our last trial against the raiders we had 32 missed tackles that’s a worry.
I’d suggest the focus and effort in the real thing will be a lot higher than a trial which is just a hit out to dust off the cobwebs and where injury avoidance is more a focus. Our stats should be better on Thursday.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We give ourselves every chance to win, we may not look as good on paper, but the Eels will go in thinking they’ve already got the win. Difference is we can come out an frustrate them, we need to win game 1 to get our confidence up, which in turn will set us up for a good Run, imagine what a win will do for wakeham, mentally it’s a massive boost as for all the boys and their comradeship.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The first 20 mins could decide it. Parra are fast starters at Bankwest and if they get a couple of early tries it will be very difficult to catch them.

We must drag them down into the grind and a big part of that will be containing them early.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am keen on good ol fashioned ambush.. one thing about Parra is they are a confidence side and they will win games by outscoring their opponents, I know that sounds obvious, but what I mean is that they very rarely win the grinding defensive affairs.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope the reffs don't start making up penalties to give Parramatta an advantage at the start !

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too early in the season for us to have any cohesion. Parra will be up for a big game, and will be hungry to start the season off with a win; and it will be like shooting fish in a barrel. I expect us to be rolled with a big score against us.
Quote; Parra will be up for a big game, and will be hungry to start the season off with a win, is exactly the same for us! but we aren't as soft as Parra

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No we won't win and of course as doggie supporters we would love to beat Parra we just don't have the players, also our 6/7 are going to be found out and I'll throw in Okunbor to let in a few tries just to really piss me off.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm having real problems understanding the reasons for the Parramatta hype. For example in a spine comparison;
Gutherson V DWZ, I'd have DWZ every time, Gutherson just goes AWOL during games.
Brown V Lewis, who knows, Brown's like 19 and he's gunna get found out with CHN, RFM and Britt running at him.
Moses V Wakeham, Cogger, advantage Moses but he's another one of their drifters, he can be brilliant one minute and then invisible the next.
Mahoney V JMK, Katoa again I just don't see any advantage to Mahony, JMK has scored more tries, has more try assists, similar kicked metres and played more NRL games.

Everybody pumps up how important the spine is (not something I agree with BTW) but I just don't see much to rave about in Parramatta's.

Go Dogs

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be beating them. Parra are so overrated.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If this was a Sunday afternoon game on a dry track then Parra being the flat track bullies they are, would be heavily favoured.
There's no doubt Parra have the better roster, longer combinations between players, have bought well this off season and are rightly favourites on paper.
But, being a night game, slippery ball, 1st game of the season, it makes it a much more even playing field.
I also doubt the boys would have forgotten Brown's grubby antics last time we played them, should be fired up for a big game.
It'll be a 1-12 result either way, hopefully we've got our noses in front come fulltime.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm having real problems understanding the reasons for the Parramatta hype. For example in a spine comparison;
Gutherson V DWZ, I'd have DWZ every time, Gutherson just goes AWOL during games.
Brown V Lewis, who knows, Brown's like 19 and he's gunna get found out with CHN, RFM and Britt running at him.
Moses V Wakeham, Cogger, advantage Moses but he's another one of their drifters, he can be brilliant one minute and then invisible the next.
Mahoney V JMK, Katoa again I just don't see any advantage to Mahony, JMK has scored more tries, has more try assists, similar kicked metres and played more NRL games.

Everybody pumps up how important the spine is (not something I agree with BTW) but I just don't see much to rave about in Parramatta's.

Go Dogs
Jesus.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the bookies odds are fair, we will probably lose and there is a chance we do get beat pretty convincingly

but on the flip side, if we defend tough, stay in the game then who knows, all the pressure is on parra, they are getting hyped up and they'll feel that pressure if we're up 2 with 20 to go