corona virus & NRL

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Talking to a mate who supplies stuff to some of the stadiums and there's apparently talk of Corona impacting crowds if reported cases go up in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and they are watching what is happening in the SL with interest

I'm out in the sticks so maybe im sheltered, besides everyone buying shit paper surely unless things really go to shit it wont impact the footy?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talking to a mate who supplies stuff to some of the stadiums and there's apparently talk of Corona impacting crowds if reported cases go up in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane and they are watching what is happening in the SL with interest

I'm out in the sticks so maybe im sheltered, besides everyone buying shit paper surely unless things really go to shit it wont impact the footy?
Depends on how sensible and cooperative people can be. If selfishness keeps growing than authorities will have little choice but to lock things down. People need to just be sensible, wash hands properly, stay informed about the disease, and be generous with each other.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just the excuse the NRL will use... crowds are going to be down regardless

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to our game Vs Parra so in the interest of hygiene and all concerned please do not steal the toilet paper from public rest rooms, that is all :grinning:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The arnold weightlifting comp just happened with no fans allowed in and apparently the bahrain grand prix will go ahead also with no fans

Smartseal

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about magic round. I booked (& paid) for everything early. Can probably cancel accommodation, but you just know the nrl wont cancel this cash cow. Toddy will probably offer team themed face masks at the gate

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
It could work in our favour. Hopefully every other team gets it bar our boys and that can give us a real shot at winning a comp

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sick of hearing about it to be honest, that’s all the news pages an articles are full of now.. yes it sucks and very unfortunate. But it’s just world wide media panic..!! I mean fighting over toilet paper?

be clean, wash your hands. Being hygienic at least helps and anyway with or without this it should be a given.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The crowds will definitely be down, not that you'll notice considering ANZ is always 80% empty anyway.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No one will ever get coronavirus at ANZ stadium
And if they did they're almost in a quarantine situation anyway given the vacant seats available.

The crowds will definitely be down, not that you'll notice considering ANZ is always 80% empty anyway.
ANZ on game day is a place I go to when I need my personal space. It's one of the few remaining places in this world you can go to be alone.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Corona virus is impacting heaps of stuff already. People are already going out less especially in the city. I can't see this getting better before it gets much worse.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Corona virus is impacting heaps of stuff already. People are already going out less especially in the city. I can't see this getting better before it gets much worse.
Yup. Was out in the city last night and looked for tumbleweed before crossing the road. Dead - even for Sunday. Went for a drink after dinner - the bar was closing earlier than normal and the bloke at the bar said they’d done ‘maybe 50% of our usual Sunday trade at best’.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My mate has a cruise booked theyve offered $300 not to cancel

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peeps are buying sleeping bags...is it covid exploding houses now?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the excuse the NRL will use... crowds are going to be down regardless
So one would expect the viewing/streaming numbers to be up, if physical attendee crowds are down.
Let's see.