News Eels v Bulldogs: Round 1 preview (NRL.COM)

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Game plan will be much the same.Kick to the corner and defend.Only difference will be Wakeham’s attacking outlook.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Game plan will be much the same.Kick to the corner and defend.Only difference will be Wakeham’s attacking outlook.
So Wakeham will actually get to play halfback and no be pigeonholed onto an edge?

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ball is in Wakehams court now.Coach needs to pick and stick.But what would I know.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Dogs by 4 OR Eels by 20+.... just like last year. Depends if they actually give a fuck on game day.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we were to win, will be off To’omaga punching holes in the D and DWZ taking advantage of it (my opinion, can’t see anyone else doing anything special as of yet)

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how much they are pumping the Eels up this year, they are so far off the pace of teams like Easts and Melbourne

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Parra should win but ffs id love if we play like we did late last year and cause an upset stick it up those annoying parra fans

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't believe how much they are pumping the Eels up this year, they are so far off the pace of teams like Easts and Melbourne
Desperation, they are pumping up anyone who is remotely competitive, another season of Chooks/Melbourne domination and the crowds plus viewers will drop off even more. In Qld they are pumping up the Donkeys big time for the same reason. They badly need a western Sydney team to do well this year and Parramatta is their current go to in the hope that they do OK.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because Parra have a very strong 13 with plenty of attacking threats.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because Parra have a very strong 13 with plenty of attacking threats.

yes but they are still rubbish in defence and although trials don't tell the full story, it doesn't look like much has changed

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Desperation, they are pumping up anyone who is remotely competitive, another season of Chooks/Melbourne domination and the crowds plus viewers will drop off even more. In Qld they are pumping up the Donkeys big time for the same reason. They badly need a western Sydney team to do well this year and Parramatta is their current go to in the hope that they do OK.

Go Dogs

I think it's also because they realise there is little interest in Storm and Easts anymore... like just imagine if those two made the GF, I think viewer figures would be down.. either way, you need to be the best team on both sides of the football and I wouldn't consider Parra as one of the top 4 defensive teams, maybe not even top 8 defensively

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
yes but they are still rubbish in defence and although trials don't tell the full story, it doesn't look like much has changed
Conceded less points than us lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
that's not saying a lot
No, but there's about 200 points difference between the two sides. If you see improvement in us then I don't see how you don't see it in Parra and why they're highly rated for the season.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It also depends on who the ref is on the night. I can see the NRL trying to ref us out of this match.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, but there's about 200 points difference between the two sides. If you see improvement in us then I don't see how you don't see it in Parra and why they're highly rated for the season.
They are rated based on attack but nobody is talking about their defence which was exposed massively by the better teams last year, and like I said, trials aren't the full story, nor the Nines, but it is concerning for them given that it looks as though nothing has changed

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They are rated based on attack but nobody is talking about their defence which was exposed massively by the better teams last year, and like I said, trials aren't the full story, nor the Nines, but it is concerning for them given that it looks as though nothing has changed
You should of left out that last line :P

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should of left out that last line :P
true, but I'm much more confident going into the season with Wakeham in the halves over the Cogger Lewis combo

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to mention their last game they lost 32-0. Attack and defence non existent when it came against a real top team like Melbourne