• About to pass them

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • All hail the new title holders!

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of homeless people in Hawaii, just came back recently.
I was also there a few years ago, so much has changed since then.
The toilet paper obsession started in the areas with high Chinese populations them spread to the rest of the country.
Does that mean we are becoming more like Chinese or Americans?
I’ll put my cards on the table, if Australia keeps going down the path it’s going I’ll consider moving to San Diego or Hawaii.
Don’t worry I’ll still post here ;)

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The toilet paper obsession started in the areas with high Chinese populations them spread to the rest of the country.
Does that mean we are becoming more like Chinese or Americans?
I’ll put my cards on the table, if Australia keeps going down the path it’s going I’ll consider moving to San Diego or Hawaii.
Don’t worry I’ll still post here ;)
The Chinese are like cockroaches, they infest, multiply and destroy the joint. I actually feel Sorry for the other Asian countries around China.

Murikans are moronic sheep that just obey whatever the media tells them to act/think.

Aussies aren't sinister and evil as the Chinese, but are definitely becoming mindless, beta cuck sheep like the Murikans.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A lot of homeless people in Hawaii, just came back recently.
I was also there a few years ago, so much has changed since then.
Oahu? Lots in Hilo too. I like Maui or Kauai

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
In my view the best thing the whole world could do is abandon social media, reality TV, the pursuit of fame and stupid money that no-one needs to live on or brings happiness - pick up a book, educate yourself about things that matter and can help and actually take the time to reconnect as human beings again.

Then, no matter who you are or where you come from we have a shot at some reasonable respect for and of each other and may not end up destroying the planet in pursuit of greed and stupidity.

Just give me a sec and I’ll pack my pulpit and soapbox away, I’m done (for now).

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In my view the best thing the whole world could do is abandon social media, reality TV, the pursuit of fame and stupid money that no-one needs to live on or brings happiness - pick up a book, educate yourself about things that matter and can help and actually take the time to reconnect as human beings again.

Then, no matter who you are or where you come from we have a shot at some reasonable respect for and of each other and may not end up destroying the planet in pursuit of greed and stupidity.

Just give me a sec and I’ll pack my pulpit and soapbox away, I’m done (for now).
You've cracked the code

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Any **** that starts a sentence with did you see face book last night needs to be executed .Why the fuck do people want total stranger's to know how perfect their fake lives are?
Call me old fashion but what's wrong with grabbing some prawns and a few beers and sitting on the beach and enjoying the moment without documenting the whole exursion sure take a snap and move on don't spend the next 5 minutes putting the shit on social media. ***** that film entire concerts on their phones can get fucked also why bother going.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Any **** that starts a sentence with did you see face book last night needs to be executed .Why the fuck do people want total stranger's to know how perfect their fake lives are?
Call me old fashion but what's wrong with grabbing some prawns and a few beers and sitting on the beach and enjoying the moment without documenting the whole exursion sure take a snap and move on don't spend the next 5 minutes putting the shit on social media. ***** that film entire concerts on their phones can get fucked also why bother going.
Couldn't agree more mate. I don't have any form social media beyond TK and I use LinkedIn for business contacts but don't post meaningless crap on there.
If you really are my friend I already know how you and the kids and anything important in your life is going because we've already talked.
Not that long ago I asked a friend what she did on a Friday night and she answered 'At home with a bottle of wine and Facebooked'. My response was: 'Wouldn't you have preferred to share that wine with a friend at the pub?'.
I really don't get the appeal of it but I think it's sad what society is becoming and I guess that's where you call me old-fashioned.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many ass holes not enough toilet paper. Hahahaha :grinning:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Interesting poll, I was kinda divided over what answer to give. While I get the whole bit about the stupidity, Aus is really nothing like US in so many ways that even the stupidity of the toilet paper shortage doesn't make Aus anything like US. In short because this gross stupidity is distinctly Australian.

Having lived in US for 3.5 years I can say confidently from experience that a) US is nothing like the TV shows and movies we get sent from there, and b) Aus is very different in its politics, economy, culture, social systems, media, and yes, even it's stupidity. I'll leave the thought here, but happy to share details on the differences if people want to know.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more mate. I don't have any form social media beyond TK and I use LinkedIn for business contacts but don't post meaningless crap on there.
If you really are my friend I already know how you and the kids and anything important in your life is going because we've already talked.
Not that long ago I asked a friend what she did on a Friday night and she answered 'At home with a bottle of wine and Facebooked'. My response was: 'Wouldn't you have preferred to share that wine with a friend at the pub?'.
I really don't get the appeal of it but I think it's sad what society is becoming and I guess that's where you call me old-fashioned.
When I was in kyoto last year went to those orange gate things that look ever so peaceful and nice in the pictures when we got there it was wall to wall people all selfies, all wanna be YouTubers just a total Fucking nightmare, me and the old man looked at each other after 5 minutes and said fuck this ended up checking out the rail museum was there for about 6 hrs walking around no crowds and had some old japanese volunteers who explained some rail history ended up a great day

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
When I was in kyoto last year went to those orange gate things that look ever so peaceful and nice in the pictures when we got there it was wall to wall people all selfies, all wanna be YouTubers just a total Fucking nightmare, me and the old man looked at each other after 5 minutes and said fuck this ended up checking out the rail museum was there for about 6 hrs walking around no crowds and had some old japanese volunteers who explained some rail history ended up a great day
Whoever invented the selfie stick should be thrown to the wolves...

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Amen to that...!! Oh deleted my Facebook 8 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I don’t have or never have had twitter or any of that other crap!! All it is is people looking for likes, people wanting attention and it’s way to impersonal. And the only social media type thing I have is TK, and it’s far better than all that other junk..!! Didn’t even let me daughter have Facebook, or anything either, don’t want her becoming socially awkward/inept !!

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Amen to that...!! Oh deleted my Facebook 8 years ago and it was the best thing I ever did. I don’t have or never have had twitter or any of that other crap!! All it is is people looking for likes, people wanting attention and it’s way to impersonal. And the only social media type thing I have is TK, and it’s far better than all that other junk..!! Didn’t even let me daughter have Facebook, or anything either, don’t want her becoming socially awkward/inept !!
My kids don't have social media ,they have no problems

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Good man! wish other parents would do more of the same.. it's sad to me seeing kids being born who have a FB account before they are even old enough to use a device.. the more genuine social interactions children have the less they will feel the need for the artificial version

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whoever invented the selfie stick should be thrown to the wolves...
I got this gimble thing
images.jpeg-37.jpg

That I intended to use for plane spotting set up ,while using my real camera for pics and that for video, some **** at Sydney airport ask where I got that selfy thingy from lol I was crushed I packed it away it's still in my bag