Adam Elliott (bloke in a bar podcast)

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To be honest I can’t stand him he’s in the media so even when he has a shut game pay never drops him , has enthusiasm but serious sometimes he has average games when others are knocking down the door, I’ll support him but I find him to be very cocky , he posts on everyone Insta account at dogs
Yeah last year when pay started him he was very ordinary certainly not a starter but was good off the bench but i have a horrible feeling pay will start him again

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good to hear what he said about the off season, that you cant be complacent just because you think you've put the effort in so to speak. Thats coming off last off season so I assume thats the team and Pays mentality.
Also that Napa is keen at training and it showed in the 2 trials, hes obviously been putting in.
Alot of talk last 2 off seasons from the team and coach, its been tame this year which Im happier about. Actions speak louder than words.

Couldn't handle listening for a whole hour so I just fast forwarded sections.
I cant remember too many handling errors from him back half of last year.
Im not a fan but its a new year, hope he plays well.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to hear what he said about the off season, that you cant be complacent just because you think you've put the effort in so to speak. Thats coming off last off season so I assume thats the team and Pays mentality.
Also that Napa is keen at training and it showed in the 2 trials, hes obviously been putting in.
Alot of talk last 2 off seasons from the team and coach, its been tame this year which Im happier about. Actions speak louder than words.

Couldn't handle listening for a whole hour so I just fast forwarded sections.
I cant remember too many handling errors from him back half of last year.
Im not a fan but its a new year, hope he plays well.

I listened for the full hour. It's always interesting to hear about a players journey to regular positions in the squad. But parts of the interviews the host gives annoy me. I don't know who he is, but at times it seems like he's competing to highlight how hard he had to work to make it to the NRL. And there's almost always a boring little bit where he spends about ten minutes discussing music with whoever is interviewed.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I listened for the full hour. It's always interesting to hear about a players journey to regular positions in the squad. But parts of the interviews the host gives annoy me. I don't know who he is, but at times it seems like he's competing to highlight how hard he had to work to make it to the NRL. And there's almost always a boring little bit where he spends about ten minutes discussing music with whoever is interviewed.
I watched 1 last year but cant remember who he had in, a Dogs player no doubt. I think its a great format as its different, laid back and the player being interviewed seems quite comfortable answering or reflecting on questions that usually wouldnt be asked by someone like Gus for example.
I can only handle Elliott in small doses. Seems like a real nice bloke but yeah...

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
its Denan Kemp and he’s a massive pussy

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just love how people on here think they are..
COACHES
CAREER ADVISORS
PSYCHIATRISTS
COUNCELLORS
PLAYERS
MANAGERS
CEO’S
THE NUMBER 1 SUPPORTER
and now we have the....STYLISTS
FFS!!!! lol
So why are you on here?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
actually not a bad podcast that.. It was interesting to hear Adam talking about how the team would still talk about Ennis's pre match speeches even when he had left

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
To be honest I can’t stand him he’s in the media so even when he has a shut game pay never drops him , has enthusiasm but serious sometimes he has average games when others are knocking down the door, I’ll support him but I find him to be very cocky , he posts on everyone Insta account at dogs
posting on everyones social media isn't necessarily a bad thing, it shows an interest or something in others, I think he seems like a team spirit personality type which is a good thing i think

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To find out before non kennelers,who we are chasing,who we have signed..
Not to pretend I deserve a seat at the round table
Most of us are like you, not all of us think our shit don't stink...

Of course the resident fuckwit that nobody can stand would rate this optimistic...

Last edited:

Dog4life77

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Of course the resident fuckwit that nobody can stand would rate this optimistic...
Hahahaha...
Somehow I feel I know who you are referring to..or 1 of them anyway..lol
Just a good old 37yr supporter here,that is passionate about our team,but i’m a realist at the same time..
Plenty of good banter on here,and look forward to many more strong opinions..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
posting on everyones social media isn't necessarily a bad thing, it shows an interest or something in others, I think he seems like a team spirit personality type which is a good thing i think
I think you are right about that. Not only the team spirit, but he's also pretty heavily involved with various aspects of community work which he doesn't have to be. And he mentioned during the interview that he's gone out of his way to go and support other players that are going through difficult things. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he mentioned trying to spend time visiting Napa when the media went nuts with the sex tape thing because he knows it's tough to deal with the situations on your own.

I think that it can be these types of players that can help develop that fight for the bloke next to you mentality in a team.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you are right about that. Not only the team spirit, but he's also pretty heavily involved with various aspects of community work which he doesn't have to be. And he mentioned during the interview that he's gone out of his way to go and support other players that are going through difficult things. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he mentioned trying to spend time visiting Napa when the media went nuts with the sex tape thing because he knows it's tough to deal with the situations on your own.

I think that it can be these types of players that can help develop that fight for the bloke next to you mentality in a team.
Yeh he did say that about visiting Napa when he was going through a hard time.
He does a lot of stuff within the community like you say and it’s not a bad thing.
Team spirit ay

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I was gonna ask who Foxer was. Then I saw the avatar and that made your comment make a lot of sense lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was gonna ask who Foxer was. Then I saw the avatar and that made your comment make a lot of sense lol
The fuck is Foxer? Haven't even seen any Foxer posts?

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i enjoyed it, i personally do like elliot but eventually one of 2 things have to happen

a) he needs to take a big step forward, 1 good game every 4-5 weeks grouped with the odd absolute shocker if just not good enough, he relies to much on energy and when he is off, his impact is poor, genuinely hope he can make it stick but have my doubts

b) the rest of the guys just below play good enough for him to be phased out