Official Captain's challenge approved for 2020 season

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
True. But the calls can only be made during stoppages anyway.
You're right - but the concern is the abuse of it - dragging out a stoppage.
I'm not saying I'm against it - I'm happy to keep an open mind and see how it goes.
More than anything, I just don't want to see league go the way of union (what was the running game is now a snoozefest) and god forbid if it ever becomes anything like American football - I'd switch off in a heartbeat and find a new hobby.
Just don't kill the game with too many technicalities - that's my main ask.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Another rule Cameron Smith will manipulate in his final season. He'll use a phoney challenge to buy time and give his team a breather.
I can see that dirty cheat exploiting it and crack the shits whenever his team get scored against

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're right - but the concern is the abuse of it - dragging out a stoppage.
I'm not saying I'm against it - I'm happy to keep an open mind and see how it goes.
More than anything, I just don't want to see league go the way of union (what was the running game is now a snoozefest) and god forbid if it ever becomes anything like American football - I'd switch off in a heartbeat and find a new hobby.
Just don't kill the game with too many technicalities - that's my main ask.
Im sure it cant get that bad! Lol
It could make the game a little slower, but i dont think that it will significantly do so. I guess we will have to wait and see though.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Im sure it cant get that bad! Lol
It could make the game a little slower, but i dont think that it will significantly do so. I guess we will have to wait and see though.
Ha ha, you’re right mate. I could be overstating it :-). See how it goes...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It won't slow the game down, well our games anyway, while Jackson is challenging Sutton will allow the game to continue.

Go Dogs

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It won't slow the game down, well our games anyway, while Jackson is challenging Sutton will allow the game to continue.

Go Dogs
Ha ha, correct.
Then Jacko won’t get back in the line in time allowing the opposition to score...

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, correct.
Then Jacko won’t get back in the line in time allowing the opposition to score...
Oh man that was absolute bullshit when that happened. Call him out but don't let him get back on side before calling play on.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/1ecb2296cb943b21cc0bb05643b6e71c

I kinda agree with this article. But in the comments section, lol at 'Bungers'. 'Greenbergenstein' :tearsofjoy: I like his 1 and 3 points, but no about in-goal touchies. We've been there, done that, and it was an abject failure. But the in-goal touchies were a great target for vicious sledging if you happened to have seats behind the goalposts :D

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck this sport is backwards.
Nothing more than a gimmick to add to the spectacle of the sport. Bought to you by KFC on the big screen.