Opinion Bullying

A

Alexander the Great

You should have taken a dump in her cup. That always makes me feel better
I was bullied in my previous job by my manager. Now to be clear, she never said anything out of line, but the manner which she spoke to me was absolutely pathetic, borderline harassment.

So this was my team structure...

- Executive Director (my manager's manager)
- Manager (my manager)
- Me
- ED's EA
- Others

One such meeting I had with her left me feeling very depressed. I raised this with her in the next meeting and her attitude was even worse, and she was documenting everything. Now this is where you need to be careful. I wanted to clench my fist and slam it down on the meeting room table but she would have documented that too :tonguewink: so I was fuming but kept a lid on it. The only thing I could really do that she couldn't document was anything to do with my facial expression. I pressed my lips together then left that meeting very angry. I went to my desk dropped my things, then went to break out room and had a glass of cool water. I counted to 10, then went to the ED's EA (she sat right next to my manager) and I said to her (so my manager could hear) "Pamela can you please book a meeting for me and Brenda right now" - and she did. My managers face turned white... she knew that was the straw the broke the camels back.

From that moment on my manager knew that I was someone who knew my rights and wasn't afraid to exercise them.

In the workplace don't just say "I know my rights", actually go and execute them. If you take the quiet approach to deal with someone by going to HR or a manager, that stings them even harder.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** will be ***** unfortunately!!

I was bullied pretty much my whole childhood and into my early teens just because i was a short, thin and quiet kid. I just wanted to go to school and learn. The bullying pretty much left me with no confidence and low self-esteem/self worth. My parents also had no idea of the bullying as I kept it to myself. Anyway I finally convinced my parents I wanted to do martial arts and they signed me up. Over time I grew in confidence and learnt how to defend myself. Eventually I ended up standing up to my bullies, and even though I don't condone violence but kicking their arses a few times they finally gave up on bullying me. After that I stood up for others that I would see getting bullied.

I honestly hate any **** that bullies anyone for no reason but just to be a ****!

Also, sorry for all the C bombs but it's one subject that gets under my skin.
I hear ya brother. My nickname at school was Flab so you can imagine how I looked and felt and given that I couldn't fight, it was perpetual hell. Some of the teachers even called me Flab with one saying the nickname was for my benefit. And it did in a way in that now I have a pretty think skin and it takes a lot to rile me up. In their defence they had no idea at the time this kind of treatment was so personally devastating. But that is no excuse for today.

The one thing that hasn't changed is that all bullies are cowards at heart. And it is the parents of bullies that should be punished imo. That's where it starts and that's where it can only be stopped.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I was bullied in my previous job by my manager. Now to be clear, she never said anything out of line, but the manner which she spoke to me was absolutely pathetic, borderline harassment.

- Manager (my manager)
- Me
- ED's EA
- Others

One such meeting I had with her left me feeling very depressed. I raised this with her in the next meeting and her attitude was even worse, and she was documenting everything. Now this is where you need to be careful. I wanted to clench my fist and slam it down on the meeting room table but she would have documented that too :tonguewink: so I was fuming but kept a lid on it. The only thing I could really do that she couldn't document was anything to do with my facial expression. I pressed my lips together then left that meeting very angry. I went to my desk dropped my things, then went to break out room and had a glass of cool water. I counted to 10, then went to the ED's EA (she sat right next to my manager) and I said to her (so my manager could hear) "Pamela can you please book a meeting for me and Brenda right now" - and she did. My managers face turned white... she knew that was the straw the broke the camels back.

From that moment on my manager knew that I was someone who knew my rights and wasn't afraid to exercise them.

In the workplace don't just say "I know my rights", actually go and execute them. If you take the quiet approach to deal with someone by going to HR or a manager, that stings them even harder.
I hate having to deal with passive aggressive pricks who have NPD.

I really need to go into business for myself and be my own boss.

I wish I had the knack for comedy.
Comedians only work maximum 1 hour a week.
Thats enough for me.

I might go alright at comedy?
I was heckling during Cheech and Chongs performance at the Enmore and I helped get the crowd laughing.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear ya brother. My nickname at school was Flab so you can imagine how I looked and felt and given that I couldn't fight, it was perpetual hell. Some of the teachers even called me Flab with one saying the nickname was for my benefit. And it did in a way in that now I have a pretty think skin and it takes a lot to rile me up. In their defence they had no idea at the time this kind of treatment was so personally devastating. But that is no excuse for today.

The one thing that hasn't changed is that all bullies are cowards at heart. And it is the parents of bullies that should be punished imo. That's where it starts and that's where it can only be stopped.
One of my teachers called me a 6 foot lard.
Fucking fagget school teachers.

No surprises that within that same year he got stood down as a teacher.
Used to jig school from lunch and always seen the wanker at the tab at my local shops!

My biggest regret with school was not leaving earlier than I did.

After year 8 school was a waste of time for me.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One of my teachers called me a 6 foot lard.
Fucking fagget school teachers.

No surprises that within that same year he got stood down as a teacher.
Used to jig school from lunch and always seen the wanker at the tab at my local shops!

My biggest regret with school was not leaving earlier than I did.

After year 8 school was a waste of time for me.
We had a young shit **** as a PE "teacher", juiced up ****, all show and no go. He was trying to put down the skinny, weaker kids. Made my blood boil so I couldn't hit him in school grounds so I waited till after school, missed my bus and headbutted the weak bogan **** in the Carpark.

An Italian mate (Well connected) threatened if he snitches on me he and his family are dead.

2-3 weeks later, he quit. Like I said, give them a taste of their own Medicine but quadruple the dose, so they don't continue doing it to innocents.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

- Manager (my manager)
- Me
- ED's EA
- Others

Sounds like your manager needed a good hot beef injection.
That settles them down a bit.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
We had a young shit **** as a PE "teacher", juiced up ****, all show and no go. He was trying to put down the skinny, weaker kids. Made my blood boil so I couldn't hit him in school grounds so I waited till after school, missed my bus and headbutted the weak bogan **** in the Carpark.

An Italian mate (Well connected) threatened if he snitches on me he and his family are dead.

2-3 weeks later, he quit. Like I said, give them a taste of their own Medicine but quadruple the dose, so they don't continue doing it to innocents.
PE teachers are the worst.
The teacher I'm talking about was an English teacher and did relief PE duties.

Absolute wanker. I did nothing wrong for him to call me that.
Afterwards all the other kids started calling me that.

The department of education is run by thugs and bullies!
If I ever have kids, they will be educated in a government school over my dead body!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PE teachers are the worst.
The teacher I'm talking about was an English teacher and did relief PE duties.

Absolute wanker. I did nothing wrong for him to call me that.
Afterwards all the other kids started calling me that.

The department of education is run by thugs and bullies!
If I ever have kids, they will be educated in a government school over my dead body!
Government or private bro, same bullshit indoctrination and conditioning.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My boss walked into a job I was in today ( the house is empty ) bangs on the bathroom door and yells what the fuck are you doing having a shower?
I said yes I am I got very sweaty and farted and not sure if I shat

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Government or private bro, same bullshit indoctrination and conditioning.
Home schooling is expensive yeah?
I hear home schooling is successful?

I reckon if I got schooled at home I would be a lot more successful today.

I hated school, I hated other kids.
From pre school until tenth grade I never felt like I fit in.

I got bullied a lot because of my height and weight.
I swear I never went out of my way to bother others.

If I do have kids and have to unfortunately send them to a shithole public school.
I'll be sure to show them that Johnny Depp rant about others coming into your space!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Sounds like your manager needed a good hot beef injection.
That settles them down a bit.
Brother, I said the exact same thing to myself... a good dose of vitamin D.