Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Do you agree on my assessment of some of the players
DWZ...don’t agree
Meaney...agree
Hopoate...agree but how’s his kicking game?
Lewis...this season should be make or break in the halves. He needs to show a lot more and start running!
JMK...a work in progress and I think he’ll surprise this year
Tolman & Napa... Tolman is great in defence but too small and needs to piss off when we are on the attack. I expect a big year from Napa
Jackson...Agree
Brit...agree but we have a lot more second rowers than props
Stimson...he’s not as unfit as people are making out

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
02. Reimis Smith
03. Will Hopoate
04. Morgan Harper
05. Nick Meaney
06. Jack Cogger
07. Lachlan Lewis
08. Aiden Tolman
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Joe Stimson
12. Corey Harawira-Naera
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Katoa
15. Dean Britt
16. Renouf To'omaga
17. Ofahiki Ogden

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
One by one;

DWZ...a winger playing fullback
You are pigeon holing, for example Slater started out as winger and moved to fullback, Tedesco started out as winger and moved to fullback

Meaney...a fullback playing wing
Refer above

Hopoate...playing center/fullback but has more skills than all our halves put together. 5/8 ?
No long kicking game, no high kicking game, short kicking game so so.

Lewis...clueless at half, someone must convince to play lock or maybe center.
Ridiculous, the stat's don't lie, in 24 games over 2 seasons with a winning rate of 50% (yes, we win more often when he is playing than we do when he isn't), he has 10 try assists, 20 forced drop outs and kicks on average 345 metres per game.

JMK ...reliable player, doesn't posses the natural instinct of a hooker
Hookers these days aren't born they are taught, Cook wasn't a hooker until he was trained to be one, CSmith started out as 1/2 and 5/8.

Tolman & Napa...both lack the bulldozing impact that is needed from a prop (we are missing that)
"Bulldozing" that's very old school, modern NRL props don't play that game anymore.

Jackson...he is wasted at second row, should be a lock
Another one who gets caught up in the number on a players back, it doesn't matter what number he wears its where he plays in defence and attack that's important. Jackson compliments who the other back rowers are, for example he plays wider when RFM is on and closer to the middle when CHN is on. That adaptability is what makes him the great player that he is.

Brit...a second row not a prop
I'm not sure I understand this one, perhaps you need to watch a few of Britt's games and have a rethink.

Stimson...can someone please tell him, he must get fit to play football
We don't know what we don't know.

Go Dogs

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. DWZ
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. Harper
5. Meaney
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Napa
11. Stimson
12. Harawira- Naera
13. Jackson

14. Katoa
15. Britt
16. Renouf Too’maga
17. Ogden

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note. How fucking shit does our jersey look without a sponser!?

if they knew or thought the process to get a sponser would take half a season why wouldnt they change the design to incorporate a full blue V?

Sorry if its already been mentioned but its a massive fail by the club. They look like best n less jerseys

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score

if they knew or thought the process to get a sponser would take half a season why wouldnt they change the design to incorporate a full blue V?

Sorry if its already been mentioned but its a massive fail by the club. They look like best n less jerseys
It is a really bad look for such a massive club.Even Jacko looked ashamed.Surely we will have something! On there before Round 1!?

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
A very low key season launch to without a major sponsor.No WAG’s invited either.Spoke with a few players and no one the wiser about a sponsor coming on board.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I guess they didn’t want to waste money getting jerseys made if they had to change the whole design when we get a sponsor

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
A very low key season launch to without a major sponsor.No WAG’s invited either.Spoke with a few players and no one the wiser about a sponsor coming on board.
But but, Nasheed said so

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow! Not good

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess they didn’t want to waste money getting jerseys made if they had to change the whole design when we get a sponsor
Just screen print over the top of the blue v or drop it below it. It could take months by the sounds of it. Worst jersey for some time without a sponser or at least the finished v

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Would still look shit even with a sponsor lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just screen print over the top of the blue v or drop it below it. It could take months by the sounds of it. Worst jersey for some time without a sponser or at least the finished v
I don’t know much about the process. If it was that easy they should’ve definitely done that. Some people don’t like the blank space (I personally would like a jersey with no sponsors at all like other sports) but to a sponsor that blank space it’s just like the blank billboards you see saying your brand could be seen here.
Let’s hope it works with our first 3 games all being Channel 9 games

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okinbur is utter rubbish
If anything I’d go averillo over him or even play Holland there that’s how bad and behind knockonbur is!!!

rfm and jmk are big losses

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Dwz
2. Smith
3. Hopp
4. Harper
5. Meaney (will be right for round 1)
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham
8. Napa