Which team will improve the most in 2020 and which team will decline the most?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Improve: Dogs, Broncos,Raiders
Decline: Panthers, Maloney is a big loss and no replacement
Hard to improve on the ladder from 3rd spot.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Improve = Panthers. I'm expecting big things out of Cleary and Luai. I think they complement each other perfectly - similarly to Reynolds and Hodkinson. I think getting rid of DWZ, Blake and RCG was a mistake but they have a lot of talent coming through (and it seems like they always will). I think they'll have one more big signing (maybe a Centre?) before the start of the season next year. I have them making the eight next year maybe as high as fifth.

Decline = Rabbitohs. Went backwards after their hot start to the year - to be fair they did suffer some big injuries. If Burgess retires I think they'll lose a lot of confidence. They don't have a top Fullback - one of the worst in the competition, I did rate Johnston there but he's basically had a whole season off. A lot of their "star" players didn't look as good as they've in previous years. I don't think they'll make top four next year and just scrape into the eight.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I think Manly will step up another gear and Roosters to decline not a heap but most defiantly become a beatable team

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cowboys have a new stadium yeah ? They will improve the most as the NRL will ensure they net a home final

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Improve - Dogs

Decline - Souths

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Changed my most improved to Cowboys. They could be a real threat for the top 4.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is always 1 team that completely fails to live up to expectations

I reckon the Eels are due a disappointing season, they dont string 2 together. Unsure if I am completely sold on them declining though.

I'd be surprised if the Sharks climb out the bottom 4, cowboys should climb

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
But not impossible eh?
They finished on 32 points. You really think they will gain more points than any other team with the Bulldogs and Broncos? How many points do you think they'll end up on? 40?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Improve: Cowboys easily as they have a new stadium, home final must be played there, would have been part of the agreement behind closed doors.

Decline: Canberra, they won't finish top 4 and will be knocked out first week of finals whoever they play

*I think Souths will drop off aswell, actually have them finishing 7th playing Canberra W1 of finals

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Improve: Cowboys easily as they have a new stadium, home final must be played there, would have been part of the agreement behind closed doors.

Decline: Canberra, they won't finish top 4 and will be knocked out first week of finals whoever they play
Canberra get knocked out first week of the finals losing 40-0

Next week sticky is sacked

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They finished on 32 points. You really think they will gain more points than any other team with the Bulldogs and Broncos? How many points do you think they'll end up on? 40?
they don't need 40 just 1 more win to improve

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
they don't need 40 just 1 more win to improve
The question was who will improve the MOST. So are you saying no other team will improve by more than 1 win?