Opinion Belmore stadium upgrade and proud history

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: government need to give us some money to refurbish belmore stadium. Rotate the stadium 90 deg and use part of Peter Moore oval , 25-30 thousand seater. acquire properties for better access, build carpark under neath stadium field . Only need $400 mil . Put up statues of bullfrog, turv , baa. Hazam, Scott Wilson. Turn belmore into a fucking fortress. Put your hand In Your pocket NSW liberal government . Let’s go!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Will never happen.
Current NSW Government stadia strategy only included the build of Bankwest, re-build of SFS and re-furb of ANZ.
Also, there's split ownership between BSG, Peter Moore Field and Terry Lamb Reserve as well as the bowling club next door.
The only thing happening near BSG in the near future will be works on the train line as it gets converted to metro by 2024.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@KLil if you know something different it would be great to hear your view.
I just don't see it happening, same as I don't for Leichhardt, Brookvale etc...
Rail upgrade = Funny.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Future stadiums should not be in the vicinity of local housing so close by. Industrial areas or open land are the way to go. Belmore can’t sustain something like a Bankwest or Suncorp. Just rebuild ANZ to a proper footy stadium. Although Oasis would’ve been awesome

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: government need to give us some money to refurbish belmore stadium. Rotate the stadium 90 deg and use part of Peter Moore oval , 25-30 thousand seater. acquire properties for better access, build carpark under neath stadium field . Only need $400 mil . Put up statues of bullfrog, turv , baa. Hazam, Scott Wilson. Turn belmore into a fucking fortress. Put your hand In Your pocket NSW liberal government . Let’s go!
Aren't you from the future ? Surely you would know if this will happen or not

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Future stadiums should not be in the vicinity of local housing so close by. Industrial areas or open land are the way to go. Belmore can’t sustain something like a Bankwest or Suncorp. Just rebuild ANZ to a proper footy stadium. Although Oasis would’ve been awesome
Agree except for Oasis but only because it was Liverpool and too far out for many fans. The idea was good in terms of a dedicated facility like Panthers for the Dogs that also included a home ground.
The rest I 100% agree.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like u I dream a lot as well,and I'd love it to be reality,i attended both games at belmore last year,took my grandsons,went to get food and drinks for them at halftime,got back 6 mins into 2nd half,toilet facilities ancient,would require a lot of money

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree need signs at games saying Back to Belmore getting plenty of paper and tv coverage.

Organised city march protesting the lack of government funding, can you imagine the Tele.

Don't agree with Scott Wilson but prefer Ross Conlon, the only Australian player ever booed as he ran on the field. Bastards. Eric Groth (Guru) SNR, was too busy selling meat trays to play.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The line is getting converted to metro. Do you not consider that an upgrade?
U have a bad day or something... I find it funny that u mention the only upgrade to Belmore is going to be on the rail. Chill out mannnnn...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
U have a bad day or something... I find it funny that u mention the only upgrade to Belmore is going to be on the rail. Chill out mannnnn...
No mate, all good - just trying to get the context.
OK gotcha - 'funny' perhaps 'depressing' that the train upgrade is the only work coming to Belmore!

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still think this has legs if put together properly and not that far from Belmore..
Plenty of room close to rail, M4, Hume Hwy and Parramatta rd and totally under utilized.

20-25,000 Plenty of capacity for a fortress...

lidcombe areial.jpg ..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree except for Oasis but only because it was Liverpool and too far out for many fans. The idea was good in terms of a dedicated facility like Panthers for the Dogs that also included a home ground.
The rest I 100% agree.
Plenty of fans in and around Livo mate ;)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Plenty of fans in and around Livo mate ;)
Don't doubt that mate - certainly much closer than say Campbelltown. When I think about it with the M5 it's probably less than 30min from Belmore?
Anyways, once a pipe dream... Looks like ANZ is the future, like it or loathe it. The plans for the new ANZ look pretty good...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Still think this has legs if put together properly and not that far from Belmore..
Plenty of room close to rail, M4, Hume Hwy and Parramatta rd and totally under utilized.

20-25,000 Plenty of capacity for a fortress...

View attachment 13382 ..
Not a bad idea Bazil - but can't see it happening given that the NSW Govt is all about BW/SFS/ANZ.
Likely a substantial investment to upgrade Lidcombe to NRL required standards etc.
Not sure we'll ever see a return to the suburban ground wholesale, though the Beagles have managed to hold on at Crookvale - probably because there's nothing like the other 3 on the insular peninsula.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The rest I 100% agree.
Wasn't oasis in milperra? Basically between Bankstown and Liverpool and on Canterbury Rd? Pretty good positioning I reckon..