My Round 1 Team

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Elliott I thought wasn’t too bad in the last game, in that first try created space when he got early ball and by and large played with more attacking mindset than our halves
Also noticed this. I'd like to see him come on off the bench when the opposition is a bit tireder. Renouf and Napa hitting it up hard in the centre early on, Tolman at lock absorbing defensive work, then bring Elliott on with instructions to look for those space finding runs on the edges after quick play the balls, which he did a couple times against Canberra. At the very least it gets the opposition back pedaling.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also noticed this. I'd like to see him come on off the bench when the opposition is a bit tireder. Renouf and Napa hitting it up hard in the centre early on, Tolman at lock absorbing defensive work, then bring Elliott on with instructions to look for those space finding runs on the edges after quick play the balls, which he did a couple times against Canberra. At the very least it gets the opposition back pedaling.
Yeah Elliott was pretty good in the trial. Hit the ball up strong with some nicely timed runs and defended well. No silly stuff again, like he ended last year. My only criticism is that he still runs a bit sideways. Hope he keeps improving in those basics, but I'd also like to see him add something to his game, like an offload or a bit more footwork at the line.

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
01. Will Hopoate
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Reimis Smith
04. Morgan Harper
05. Nick Meaney
06. Jake Averillo
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Renouf To'omaga
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson (c)
12. Corey Harawira-Neara
13. Aiden Tolman

14. Ofahiki Ogden
15. Dean Britt
16. Adam Elliott
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliotts better games have always been off the bench and that's definitely where he needs to be playing if he's going to be in the 17. With Tolman and Napa starting it just doesn't make much sense to start with him because there just isn't enough punch there.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hoppa
2. Meaney
3. Hoppa
4. Harper
5. Smith
6. Coggar
7. Lewis
8. Napa
9. Katoa
10. To omaga
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Tolman

14. Ogden
15. Elliot
16. Stimson
17. Britt
Maybe Hoppa should play 5/8, lock and Hooker also?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Elliotts better games have always been off the bench and that's definitely where he needs to be playing if he's going to be in the 17. With Tolman and Napa starting it just doesn't make much sense to start with him because there just isn't enough punch there.
Agree, Jackson at lock and rotating with Elliot was our best option knowing that Pay will always have Adam in his 17

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I suppose at this point in time and so close to season proper it’s just wait & see
The team has been probably picked out,I wonder if those trial games had any legitimate input into deans train of thought
I’m by far no expert but would like to have at least 1 or 2 new faces in our starting lineup
Anyway all the best boys, do us proud

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If pre season form is a guide,katoa should get a start,he's done everything asked of him,jmk has had 2 years please what's he done,tolman 34 in a few months,really we can't go down that path again he should be a bench player nothing more,Britt has killed in the trials,form player at the moment

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree, Jackson at lock and rotating with Elliot was our best option knowing that Pay will always have Adam in his 17
I'd just stick Tolman there and start To'omaga with Napa in the frontrow. Don't think Jackson will ever make that switch until he's forced off an edge later in his career.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I'd just stick Tolman there and start To'omaga with Napa in the frontrow. Don't think Jackson will ever make that switch until he's forced off an edge later in his career.
Yeah I've come to accept the fact Jackson will remain on the edge with Pay pulling the reigns. So yeah I agree with starting Napa and Renouf ... Gotta start winning the ruck in the opening 15mins from now on instead of treading water until the toilers come off

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
01. Will Hopoate
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Reimis Smith
04. Morgan Harper
05. Nick Meaney
06. Jake Averillo
07. Brandon Wakeham
08. Renouf To'omaga
09. Jeremy Marshall-King
10. Dylan Napa
11. Josh Jackson (c)
12. Corey Harawira-Neara
13. Aiden Tolman

14. Ofahiki Ogden
15. Dean Britt
16. Adam Elliott
17. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
Nah

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1.DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Knockon/Averillo
6. Wakeham
7. Cogger Cronk
8. Toomaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Britt

14. Elliot
15. Stimson
16. Ogden
17. RFM when fit

Tass/Harper pushing for backs spots

Fuck Tolman, i've had enough

Banned: Holland, Montoya, Kalache Mr Invisble

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My team 21 man squad assuming everyone is a Available except Foran
1.DWZ ( VC )
2. Meany / if he's out Smith wing Averillo centre
3. Hoppa
4. Smith
5. Okunbor
6. Lewis
7. Wakeham ( Cogger was shit in trials)
8. Napa ( looks fitter this year )
9. JMK
10. Ogden ( need some Size )
11. CHN
12. Britt ( stand out in pre season , got the jump on Stimson at this stage )
13. Jackson ( c )
14. Tooamaga ( could start but damaging off the bench )
15. Tolman ( For experience and still reliable)
16. RFM ( play back row or in the middle )
17. Katoa ( JMK not match fit )
18. Stimson ( looked poor in the trials overweight )
19. Elliot replaced by Ogden can't afford to get dominated early
20. Averillo ( future star but not a winger, hope they don't move him around to much)
21.Harper

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1.DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Smith
4. Hoppa
5. Knockon/Averillo
6. Wakeham
7. Cogger Cronk
8. Toomaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. Jackson
12. CHN
13. Britt

14. Elliot
15. Stimson
16. Ogden
17. RFM when fit

Tass/Harper pushing for backs spots

Fuck Tolman, i've had enough

Banned: Holland, Montoya, Kalache Mr Invisble
Thats a good team except jmk if fit

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats a good team except jmk if fit
It kind of picks itself, we need more variation in the backrow and I think britt can fill that need a and elliott can sub for him or the other way around
leave jacko and chn out there for the 80
rotate tolman out the team, sick of seeing that **** get in the way. Been a good clubman for us but if he was a racehorse you wouldn't be upset if he broke his legs
I really hope we can drop back to 1 hooker, unsure if thats realistic or not though.
Need Smith to make a real go at centre. Hoping we get another back for this or next year, but confident one of our pups can squeeze their way in
might need to update my banned list haha

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do you agree on my assessment of some of the players
DWZ...a winger playing fullback
Meaney...a fullback playing wing (it's reported he bulked up)
Hopoate...playing center/fullback but has more skills than all our halves put together. (5/8) ?
Lewis...clueless at half, someone must convince to play lock or maybe center. (Melbourne bound) ?
JMK...reliable player, doesn't posses the natural instinct of a hooker
Tolman & Napa...both lack the bulldozing impact that is needed from a prop (we are missing that)
Jackson...he is wasted at second row, should be a lock
Brit...a second row not a prop
Stimson...can someone please tell him, he must get fit to play football
Way too many question marks and uncertainties
Common Deano make the right decisions...Your coaching carrier hangs on it !!!