Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Match Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The knights belted the chooks 58 nil last year and we know where both teams finished
So trials are fuck all
Roosters played like a single firstgrader and the rest were reserves/Flegg players. Knights were full strength.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s a trial.. no one lose their cool, we were without Meaney and dwz two big additions to our team, and we lost by 2 points to a full sltrenfrb raiders side. We will be fine the team will do well and if you saw the eels they weren’t that great aside from Moses who I’ll admit played good and even saved a try 1 on 1 tackle. A lot
Of players want a new contract this year so a lot will strive for it and improve the team performances

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed. 2 tries per team. No injuries, plenty of fitness, and unearthed some up and comers. Hopefully we are ready for round one.
It’s a trial.. no one lose their cool, we were without Meaney and dwz two big additions to our team, and we lost by 2 points to a full sltrenfrb raiders side. We will be fine the team will do well and if you saw the eels they weren’t that great aside from Moses who I’ll admit played good and even saved a try 1 on 1 tackle. A lot
Of players want a new contract this year so a lot will strive for it and improve the team performances

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just on the Raiders I think they will really struggle to get back into the top 4 let alone the GF. I thought this long before last nights trial too.

They really over achieved last year and had one of the easiest draws in the comp.

CNK had one of those season's where everything turned to gold while he's a decent player I can't see him having years like that on a regular occasion.

Bateman out to Round 7-8 is a massive blow and the jury is still out on George Williams.

Stuart has had massive problems getting his team up again after a good year he hasn't done it since he was at the Chooks almost 20 years ago.

They will be in the dog fight for the lower spots in the 8.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our line speed and first contact was very poor tonight and it’s been like that for a while now. I’d love to see our stats on making dominant tackles over the last few years I think we would rank pretty low.
Yeh our strength and conditioning is shit has been for years. We were getting ragdolled the whole game. It’s uncomfortable watching it

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there - Elliott looked great in both attack and defence yesterday.

I’ve scribed him into the #13 jumper in my Round 1 lineup. I reckon Pay might just do the same.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just throwing it out there - Elliott looked great in both attack and defence yesterday.

I’ve scribed him into the #13 jumper in my Round 1 lineup. I reckon Pay might just do the same.
I don’t think there is much doubt that the pack that started yesterday will be the pack that starts round 1.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think there is much doubt that the pack that started yesterday will be the pack that starts round 1.
And rightly so. I thought the pack in the opening 20-25 mins yesterday did a fantastic job.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Cue the outrage...
But yeah, he was all effort yesterday and didn’t do anything wrong at all. His game appears to be maturing a bit which is good to see. But of course he’ll only get picked in Round 1 for being a ‘country boy’ and one of ‘Pay’s Pets’. Sigh.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And rightly so. I thought the pack in the opening 20-25 mins yesterday did a fantastic job.
I think it could be bit light especially when you consider how big the Eels middles are. I’d start Renouf personally.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters played like a single firstgrader and the rest were reserves/Flegg players. Knights were full strength.
roosters too smart to bust arse and risk injuries to win some shitty game, play for no points so score no points

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
roosters too smart to bust arse and risk injuries to win some shitty game, play for no points so score no points
Roosters had the WCC and that's closer to a real game than any trial. They also had two trials from memory and just gave that to the fringe guys and kids.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Roosters had the WCC and that's closer to a real game than any trial. They also had two trials from memory and just gave that to the fringe guys and kids.
So their main squad had one trial albeit a slightly tougher one? Didn’t you call for Dean Pay’s head for only having one trial and an opposed session last year?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So their main squad had one trial albeit a slightly tougher one? Didn’t you call for Dean Pay’s head for only having one trial and an opposed session last year?
Oh boy, did you seriously just try to compare us against the Roosters? Wow.

Roosters are a well drilled unit that's stacked with stars and experience, they also have an experienced coach and staff on that have the runs on the board. Us on the other hand are not that, we're inexperienced and have minimal players that have actually established themselves in a position, not well drilled, lacking in combinations, etc.

The needs of the two club are totally different and we're at completely different levels.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Roosters are a well drilled unit that's stacked with stars and experience, they also have an experienced coach and staff on that have the runs on the board. Us on the other hand are not that, we're inexperienced and have minimal players that have actually established themselves in a position, not well drilled, lacking in combinations, etc.

The needs of the two club are totally different and we're at completely different levels.
The last sentence is perhaps too extremely worded (presumably for emphasis), but in principle you are completely correct. No matter what your game, you have to work harder than the people at the top if you hope to join/beat them.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

I am not comparing us to the roosters (although they did lose one of the greatest halfbacks of the modern era and their highest point scorer). I’m just pointing out another contradiction

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am not comparing us to the roosters (although they did lose one of the greatest halfbacks of the modern era and their highest point scorer). I’m just pointing out another contradiction
No, you're pointing out absolutely nothing. I clearly explained how the situations are clearly different so there's absolutely no contradiction at all.

You're joining you mate on the blocked list, I'm tired statements being twisted and the obsession you guys have with trying to get one over other posters and cause divide on TK.