Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Match Thread

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A meter eater is a prop that averages around 8-10 meters a hit up. Klemmer is best meter eater there is. Tolman gets meters but takes too many hit ups to get them.
It's interesting to compare performances by Tolman and Klemmer when they were on the same team, for example the latter part of 2018 when we got some decent wins. Certainly Klemmer got through a lot of hit ups, and would get good post contact metres. But frequently in a game in which Klemmer got a little over 3 post contact metres average per hit up, Tolman would have nearly as many runs, nearly as many metres per hit up, and 2.8 or 2.9 post contact metres average per hit up. On top of that Tolman would have twice as many tackles, a better tackle efficiency, and an average half second faster play the ball.

Watching Tolman today he made good post contact metres a number of times, looked like over 5 metres sometimes. He does it differently to Klemmer though, where Klemmer's post contact is notiecable because he hits the defense and tries to get his legs pumping, Tolman is all about body position relative to the defenders. He uses technique to sneak in some metres, and often manages to control the tackle sufficiently to get up quick for the play the ball. Definitely not as eye catching as Klemmer, which is perhaps why so many punters think he's crap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That's not our problem if he is or not tbh.

He'll be an improvement on what we have atm, but our problem lies in the spine.
He's an improvement but he doesn't give us some genuine go forward that we're in need of through the middle. We could have that in the likes of To'omaga, Ogden, etc if they get the minutes but as it looks Pay will persist with his preferred lineup and the side will continue to be unbalanced

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure one of the commentators had to leave early to go to work...
Surely old mate that slurred and mumbled after a couple on his way to half time...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When was the last time we won a penalty count under Sutton...even in a trial he finds ways to exemplify us with some bs interpretation

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joe Stimson has been pretty underwhelming in both trials. Britt and To’Oamaga look to be in front of him and they will probably grab a spot on the bench so you’d think he will be fighting for that last spot assuming there’s a utility. A couple of full games in reggies might not be the worst thing for him actually.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Joe Stimson has been pretty underwhelming in both trials. Britt and To’Oamaga look to be in front of him and they will probably grab a spot on the bench so you’d think he will be fighting for that last spot assuming there’s a utility. A couple of full games in reggies might not be the worst thing for him actually.

He has been very disappointing so far but I still think he will turn out a good signing and couldn't agree more, a couple of games in reggies might be a requirement

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Napa/Tolman/Elliott and To'omaga/Ogden/Britt...that's basically our two middle packs so i don't see where Stimson fits in with that. Hopefully Pay makes the right call and shifts To'omaga to the starting side or at the very least even Britt just to help balance things out.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Napa/Tolman/Elliott and To'omaga/Ogden/Britt...that's basically our two middle packs so i don't see where Stimson fits in with that. Hopefully Pay makes the right call and shifts To'omaga to the starting side or at the very least even Britt just to help balance things out.
You didn’t say lol at the end of your comment lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully Pay doesn’t wait until the 25th minute to make his first middle interchange in the season proper

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully Pay doesn’t wait until the 25th minute to make his first middle interchange in the season proper
Don't think that's the worst idea, but it really depends on what's going on the the game.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Maybe the Storm made him look better than he is?

But me personally, I take these meaningless games with a grain of salt. I'll wait till around rd 3-5 to see where we actually stand.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

But me personally, I take these meaningless games with a grain of salt. I'll wait till around rd 3-5 to see where we actually stand.
Yeah mate it's always a concern buying Storm players that they turn to shit once out of that system.

Hopefully he comes good after some more game time.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The knights belted the chooks 58 nil last year and we know where both teams finished
So trials are fuck all