Knockonbor no more? Have the balls dropped?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s better then Okunbor

Okunbor was one of our best yesterday and was one of our better performers in a few games last year... can't remember a game in which Montoya was one of our best.. might have been one occasion

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor was one of our best yesterday and was one of our better performers in a few games last year... can't remember a game in which Montoya was one of our best.. might have been one occasion
Sorry that doesn’t tell me anything... you watch when teams take there game seriously in a few weeks to see how many games Okunbor will actually cost us with his clumsiness, dopiness and weakness

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry that doesn’t tell me anything... you watch when teams take there game seriously in a few weeks to see how many games Okunbor will actually cost us with his clumsiness, dopiness and weakness

I am not saying he doesn't have his issues but still a better option than Monty, who comes with his own variety of issues. At least Jayden is showing signs of improvement.. his general handling and efforts under the high ball were much better by the end of 2019 than what we'd come to expect from him

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not saying he doesn't have his issues but still a better option than Monty, who comes with his own variety of issues. At least Jayden is showing signs of improvement.. his general handling and efforts under the high ball were much better by the end of 2019 than what we'd come to expect from him
Same can be said for Montoya who was pretty solid at centre before getting injured... he can at least read defence and catch a bomb without our supporters grabbing their hair hoping he doesn’t drop it... not to mention pick up a loose grubber.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same can be said for Montoya who was pretty solid at centre before getting injured... he can at least read defence and catch a bomb without our supporters grabbing their hair hoping he doesn’t drop it... not to mention pick up a loose grubber.

that's debatable.. I saw one good game but the other's were pretty standard... Like I said, Jayden improved under the high ball and I can't recall many, if any drops from him when he returned to the top grade last year

Last edited:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's debatable.. I saw one good game but the other's were pretty standard... Like I said, Jayden improved under the high ball and I can't recall many, if any drops from him under the high ball when he returned to the top grade last year
He cannot read the defence and always gets caught out in no man's land....very slow to turn around and chase a kick down....he is a reserve grader....

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He cannot read the defence and always gets caught out in no man's land....very slow to turn around and chase a kick down....he is a reserve grader....
We are comparing him to Montoya here.....

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor was good and probably won a Rd1 start if Pay sticks with Reimis in the centres. His defence in the first few games will decide if he stays in the team longer term, cause he holds his own in attack. I'd still like to see Averillo as bench utility, with Pay finding dummy half cover for JMK (if needed), from elsewhere in the team (no Katoa on the bench). Could chuck Lewis in there for 15 minutes in the middle of the 2nd half if needed. Hope something like this starts to happen after a few rounds cause we need spark. We can grind out a few good wins but we can't just grind our way into the finals.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor was good and probably won a Rd1 start if Pay sticks with Reimis in the centres. His defence in the first few games will decide if he stays in the team longer term, cause he holds his own in attack. I'd still like to see Averillo as bench utility, with Pay finding dummy half cover for JMK (if needed), from elsewhere in the team (no Katoa on the bench). Could chuck Lewis in there for 15 minutes in the middle of the 2nd half if needed. Hope something like this starts to happen after a few rounds cause we need spark. We can grind out a few good wins but we can't just grind our way into the finals.
Okunbur should be in the forwards at some point in the season imo.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Okunbur should be in the forwards at some point in the season imo.
He simple does not have the strength, particularly upper body to play in the forwards. He would be totally dominated in both attack and defence, if such a positional change was to ever occur he would need a full preseason to develop his body for it.

Plus we really don't need any more back rowers, we have plenty, with a disparate skill set as well.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
he had a couple of bad games early in his career, big deal... so did Manu V and he stilled forged out a pretty solid career .. I think he scored 10 or more tries in a season for 10 consecutive years.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he had a couple of bad games early in his career, big deal... so did Manu V and he stilled forged out a pretty solid career .. I think he scored 10 or more tries in a season for 10 consecutive years.

This is exactly how I hope his career pans out, just like manu v

manu had a few shockers early on

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can I just say... I was wrong. Its quiet evident now that his balls never dropped.

It is now Obvious they are still going through puberty and are still in their teen years.

Ahhh knockonballz...