Opinion No Structure

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont care if you support pay or not, but the biggest indicator for me that pay just dosent have it, is the non existent structure in this team.
Discuss

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's very concerning man... I know alot of us love DWZ but we are limited in our ball playing all through the spine. Some people won't like to hear it but DWZ/Lewis/Cogger/Katoa is arguably the worst spine in the comp. Couple that with them letting forwards dictate play inside the opp 20 and it's a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just cross everything that we get our defence firing from minute 1 in round 1 or it’s going to be a loooooooong year.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont care if you support pay or not, but the biggest indicator for me that pay just dosent have it, is the non existent structure in this team.
Discuss
We don’t have a quality 6,7 or 9... of course it won’t be organised... worst spine in the comp by a country mile

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's been heaps of articles and players mentioning defence and it did look decent on out line. The last try was a result of non stop penalties and eventually we had to crack. But that's only half the game, have to agree with earlier comment that the spine looks poor. How much this is going to change next year I really don't know, we have money but who is decent and available in those positions, not that much from what I can see. The first 10 rounds will be very telling.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay is so stubborn to pick cogger/lewis despite he has a natural half that shits on them both in wakeham but doesn’t seem intent on picking him
This Wakeham really isn’t the messiah that this forum seems to think he is.

Seeing Sam Williams of all people go past him seemingly nonchalantly to score a try was also a bit concerning.

Last edited:

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The attack is a work in progress.

2 of our best attacking weapons in Foran and DWZ are on the sidelines. Then you’ve also got Meaney and JMK who would be in our top 13 who also aren’t out there.

We fielded 20+ players today also, many of whom played various positions throughout the match. There’s naturally gonna be a bit of clunkiness with the attack, you saw this with the Raiders attack also.

On the bright side, the defence was superb and we kept some genuine attacking weapons very quiet throughout.

Very good hit out overall.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
persisting with Holland off the bench at hooker is strange

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The attack is a work in progress.

2 of our best attacking weapons in Foran and DWZ are on the sidelines. Then you’ve also got Meaney and JMK who would be in our top 13 who also aren’t out there.

We fielded 20+ players today also, many of whom played various positions throughout the match. There’s naturally gonna be a bit of clunkiness with the attack, you saw this with the Raiders attack also.

On the bright side, the defence was superb and we kept some genuine attacking weapons very quiet throughout.

Very good hit out overall.
it sounds funny that jmk is spoken about as one of our attacking weapons.

he is just a stop gap because we don’t have anyone else

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
You’re showing your bias or misunderstanding of defence if you’re blaming Wakeham for that try.
Are you sure about that? Maybe have another look.

Seems it okay to paste Cogger and Lewis all week for a defensive miss. How dare I bring up Wakehams

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you sure about that? Maybe have another look.

Seems it okay to paste Cogger and Lewis all week for a defensive miss. How dare I bring up Wakehams
Got no problem with Wakeham copping his medicine when he deserves it but he doesn’t in this case. Wakeham did well holding off and not coming in. CHN and a couple of others didn’t come across and were bunched around the posts.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Got no problem with Wakeham copping his medicine when he deserves it but he doesn’t in this case. Wakeham did well holding off and not coming in. CHN and a couple of others didn’t come across and were bunched around the posts.
Again, have another look. CHN was 1 off the ruck and was marking the lead runner. Wakeham was responsible for his opposite number Williams and missed him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again, have another look. CHN was 1 off the ruck and was marking the lead runner. Wakeham was responsible for his opposite number Williams and missed him.
The try was coming regardless.. he just hedged his bets that Williams would pass.. the only thing he can be blamed for is not making the conversion from wider out.. besides the full back should of done a better job of directing troops on the line considering there were 4 markers..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can’t see the winger in this shot for the Raiders and Wakeham only had a centre and winger next to him. There’s no way Wakehams responsible for Williams. He’s either got the 14 or Frawley depending on where the ball goes. That whole edge is shot because all those players are bunched at the posts.
FE93AAFF-0C7E-442D-8DF0-6EF6F5B39B64.jpeg

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can’t see the winger in this shot for the Raiders and Wakeham only had a centre and winger next to him. There’s no way Wakehams responsible for Williams. He’s either got the 14 or Frawley depending on where the ball goes. That whole edge is shot because all those players are bunched at the posts.
View attachment 13335
Sounds to me like someone is doing some shit-canning.... Lol , but he just said during the week he didn't shit can wakeham...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Thought we looked ok when the FG side was on the field, we were outplaying them. We didnt do as well with the younger players on though. So its hard to tell about the structure. When the season starts we will see more settled lineups. Will give us a better indication.

Main ? we have with our structure atm, is the halves obviously. Not knowing which 2 of Lewis, Cogger, Wakeham will start round 1, puts a ? over that part of our structure. Halves are the only part of the squad im concerned about. Hopefully Shifty has helped them enough.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 13335
Im not sure how much footy you’ve played Spoonman but as a defender your foremost responsibility is to cover your opposite man. When the ball was played Wakeham was marking Williams. If they’ve got an extra man out wide then you’ve gotta make them earn it by going through the hands to find that extra man. Wakeham took his eyes off his man and his man went through and scored. Simple as that.

But thanks for proving my point that Wakeham can do no wrong in the eyes of the experts on here.