Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Match Thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Britt and Stimson can also play through the middle... They're actually good value in regards to depth.

Ogden and Britt will get a shot in the first two rounds to cement a bench spot until RFM is healthy... Both have shown consistency in pre season and whilst Stimson is looking under par and the bench come rnd 1 will be..

RT
Ogden
Britt
Holland
Stimson is really underwhelming. Have no problems with Britt now which is nice.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes, but Lewis play more first receiver and then we just split the halves in the second half and everything was a mess.

Just look at the games Wakeham played for Fiji with pretty much no genuine spine players around him, bloke was playing both sides of the field, behind the ruck directing players, doubling up on plays, etc. He's a proper halfback yet as far as we can see Pay hasn't even considered him in that role and it's infuriating.
I agree with your observations about the Fiji games, he was great. But those matches are a reasonably different context compared with NRL. The Internationals are quite a bit looser, players (and coaches) are together for a few weeks, play 2 or 3 matches, and the outcomes aren't going to have a big impact on careers, etc. In an NRL season you need to prepare for March to September, you spend most of the year with the same players (and coaches), and the outcomes are much more significant in terms of careers, etc. As a club you can't have 1 plan, because one or two injuries in key positions can effect even your structures to some degree. Take a look at Storm whenever they haven't had Cam Smith...

Wakeham, Cogger, Lewis, Foran all provide something a bit different as halves. Assuming that they are all going to feature at some point this season, Pay and his brains trust would be trying to figure out how to get the whole team working in a way to maximise the advantages and minimise the disadvantages of the likely combinations that will turn up during the season. As much as we'd love to see a halfback single handed guiding the team around the park (though preferably not Lewis), I don't think that is on the radar at this point of time. Maybe once Wakeham has 40 or 50 NRL games under his belt and is proving he can get through 20+ games a season at the top level they will switch tack a bit, but even then if he goes down you have to have alternative plans.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At this point I'll step in and declare my allegiance tho the Whiney One that is @Sancho2020 tag team Turkish wrestling. Let's do it
Fuck tag team, death cage every man for himself match. I would love to get down and oily with a few wogball hooligans... Fucking shit teams you lot go for anyway, Liverpool, United, Chelsea blah blah.. Fucking Nottingham Forest mate, that was a team.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We constantly concede post contact meters. It's very concerning and a regular occurence.
Our line speed and first contact was very poor tonight and it’s been like that for a while now. I’d love to see our stats on making dominant tackles over the last few years I think we would rank pretty low.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Britt looked good in both games
There is just something about him,seems to have time and always looking for that off load
Stimson looks sluggish

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Ogden needs to be in there somewhere.

We need aggressive runners.

I'm really sorry, I really am but Tolman needs to go to Super League and be a great, honest, hard working forward over there.

His time has passed in todays game...not that he have any Hass', Fifitas, Taumololo, Murrays but still he just doesn't offer enough in todays game for us to prosper.

He would finish his career on a high over there and do his body a favour.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I agree with your observations about the Fiji games, he was great. But those matches are a reasonably different context compared with NRL. The Internationals are quite a bit looser, players (and coaches) are together for a few weeks, play 2 or 3 matches, and the outcomes aren't going to have a big impact on careers, etc. In an NRL season you need to prepare for March to September, you spend most of the year with the same players (and coaches), and the outcomes are much more significant in terms of careers, etc. As a club you can't have 1 plan, because one or two injuries in key positions can effect even your structures to some degree. Take a look at Storm whenever they haven't had Cam Smith...

Wakeham, Cogger, Lewis, Foran all provide something a bit different as halves. Assuming that they are all going to feature at some point this season, Pay and his brains trust would be trying to figure out how to get the whole team working in a way to maximise the advantages and minimise the disadvantages of the likely combinations that will turn up during the season. As much as we'd love to see a halfback single handed guiding the team around the park (though preferably not Lewis), I don't think that is on the radar at this point of time. Maybe once Wakeham has 40 or 50 NRL games under his belt and is proving he can get through 20+ games a season at the top level they will switch tack a bit, but even then if he goes down you have to have alternative plans.
Yes those games are different, but you wouldn't see Lewis doing the same. We need something different at halfback because right now we're going to struggle to score more than two tries a game. DWZ, Lewis, Cogger...fuck all ball playing ability there.

I also hate the get X amount of game under this players belt. Is that what's going on with Lewis and Cogger? Getting experience and Wakeham unfortunately has to sit back and wait for injury to get an opportunity?

Like I said I'm just so frustrated a tired of this crap, the team is so fucking shit to watch right now.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
There is just something about him,seems to have time and always looking for that off load
Stimson looks sluggish
He is awkward in contact, basically the type of player Pay thinks Elliott is lol.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Disappointed with Stimson. Thought he'd be real Bulldogs material. Seems like he is just running on the same spot. Maybe he will go well but Britt ahead of him for me at this stage.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stimson looks sluggish
Britt brings something in defense too, saw him clean up a couple of their bigger forwards one on one.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He reads the game well and works hard in d but gasses himself out quick... Hasn't shown anything in attack yet considering his playing as a roaming forward and not on an edge but it certainly looks like he will need to work his way into the 17 with Britt ahead.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
nah it was shit, came on and we were on the back foot just about the entire second half.. I have faith in Pay but ffs give the kid a proper go because we pretty much know what to expect from the other two
Wakeham will have to wait
Pay will go with the other two for the season start
Don’t worry he is going to get a shot at some stage

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Trying not to get injured in a nothing game. He had his high last week. Still our only real attacking forward option so I'm not bagging the guy :grinning:
Looked tired,disinterested and it showed

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is awkward in contact, basically the type of player Pay thinks Elliott is lol.
Yeah looks very boney with knobbly knees
Don’t worry he won’t take a backward step,we need that aggression in the middle of the park
Dominating forward pack is paramount in laying a good foundation