Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Match Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Didn't want to bag him per se but the guy has got the goods to be a match winner and I want to see it ;)
in all honesty I thought Jayden was one of our best today but I'd love to see him running like that just to see more opponents cop the Cam400 treatment

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stimson and Britt can either play through the middle and on an edge... Both should be great depth in case of injuries.
Only a spot for one of them though with both edges locked up and it surely has to be Britt who has surprised me massively.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't want to bag him per se but the guy has got the goods to be a match winner and I want to see it ;)
yeah same...He is probably our strongest coming out of trouble anyway so despite lacking a bit of mongrel he does have something to offer.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Us some people are desperate for a half back and will pin our star to anyone who even resembles one. He is the only option ;)
Wakeham will get a turn this season, but at this stage he isn't the messiah some people seem to expect. As much as we could make excuses about not getting chances in 40 minutes of football the fact is he got his hands on the ball plenty of times, and his boot as well. I hope he goes well, but fair dinkum some people talk him up like he is some kind of messiah.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay must be disappointed to lose when we scored 10. That's usually a winning score and in his eyes you can't ask for more in attack.. It's our defence that let us down. Conceding 12 points is way too much..

Pay was always going to revert back to form and pick a conservative team to start the season. And once again, we'll likely start the season off slowly because of our inability to score points and a lack of balance within the team.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a decent trial. Lewis showed nothing again so I'd go with Wakeham and Cogger. Not a big Elliott fan but he played pretty good. Britt showed more than Stimson again so I'd go with him on the bench. Not much of To'omaga's skills tonight but he showed again he is fit and strong and belongs as a starter. Jacko is a yard off the pace (Stimson is a few yards off). Ogden looks fit and was very busy when on the field. Katoa is rocks and diamonds. I prefer his passing game to JMK but he got lazy and has a lot of mistakes in him. Okunbor was very good out of our own end. Our edge wasn't really tested but our defence was pretty good overall. Morgan got better as the game went on and outshone Reimis. Averillo did everything he needed to do well (but he looks so small)!

It's still hard to see where the extra points are gonna come from with our uncreative halves, but a good hitout for the forwards and outside backs.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Only a spot for one of them though with both edges locked up and it surely has to be Britt who has surprised me massively.
Britt and Stimson can also play through the middle... They're actually good value in regards to depth.

Ogden and Britt will get a shot in the first two rounds to cement a bench spot until RFM is healthy... Both have shown consistency in pre season and whilst Stimson is looking under par and the bench come rnd 1 will be..

RT
Ogden
Britt
Holland

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ogden and Britt will get a shot in the first two rounds to cement a bench spot until RFM is healthy... Both have shown consistency in pre season and whilst Stimson is looking under par and the bench come rnd 1 will be..

RT
Ogden
Britt
Holland
Britt has played well and deserves his spot... So with him being a hard working white boy I don't see RFM getting back in at the expense of Britt. Ogden will eventually get dropped again

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A regular occurrence.
To answer the question of whether wakeham starts round 1 or not, pay fucked up by not starting him.

As it stands he can't pick wakeham round 1 becayse of lack of exposure. This is what trials are for and for me pay fucked up royally

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We constantly concede post contact meters. It's very concerning and a regular occurence.
There was a moment in the second half when tolman and Elliott could not stop the momentum of Oldfield I think ( #4). If that's not telling a story, I don't know what does.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Britt has played well and deserves his spot... So with him being a hard working white boy I don't see RFM getting back in at the expense of Britt. Ogden will eventually get dropped again
He deserves it but he and Ogden both deserve it tbh. It should be a faiir try-out tbh and RFM should be a walk in.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He must get that mongrel otherwise an also ran.
yeah same...He is probably our strongest coming out of trouble anyway so despite lacking a bit of mongrel he does have something to offer.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
On point..unfortunately :(
Pay must be disappointed to lose when we scored 10. That's usually a winning score and in his eyes you can't ask for more in attack.. It's our defence that let us down. Conceding 12 points is way too much..

Pay was always going to revert back to form and pick a conservative team to start the season. And once again, we'll likely start the season off slowly because of our inability to score points and a lack of balance within the team.