Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Match Thread

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that he is playing both Lewis along side Wakeham as well as Cogger along side him suggests that he wants to see which pairing works best.. I think Wakeham should have played at least 60 today because now his last chance to impress was a half of footy that we played predominantly in our own 40
I totally agree mate
Wakeham just didn’t get the time to settle into a natural game
The limited minutes changes everything, he probably felt the pressure to make a statement in a limited time frame
Not a fair shot to be honest

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
There was a moment in the second half when tolman and Elliott could not stop the momentum of Oldfield I think ( #4). If that's not telling a story, I don't know what does.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From what I saw they mostly played one half on each side of the field today. Actually the half who seemed to do the most going and looking for the ball seemed to be Cogger, when he came back in the second half.
Yes, but Lewis play more first receiver and then we just split the halves in the second half and everything was a mess.

Just look at the games Wakeham played for Fiji with pretty much no genuine spine players around him, bloke was playing both sides of the field, behind the ruck directing players, doubling up on plays, etc. He's a proper halfback yet as far as we can see Pay hasn't even considered him in that role and it's infuriating.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you’re going off form the front row should be Napa and To’omaga. I could be wrong but I think Napa went the 80 and looked great.
3/4. Had half time and 3 quarter off.

Its a healthy rest for the big guy.

Really think Ogden and RT did absolutely fine as the rotation.

Bench for me by round 10 has to be..

RT
Ogden
RFM
JMK

Stimson and Britt will get look ins but if we want to own the middle its got to be these big mobile boys.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I totally agree mate
Wakeham just didn’t get the minutes to settle into a natural game
The limited minutes changes everything, he probably felt the pressure to make a statement in a limited time frame
Not a fair shot to be honest

nah it was shit, came on and we were on the back foot just about the entire second half.. I have faith in Pay but ffs give the kid a proper go because we pretty much know what to expect from the other two

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe I'm more sensible when I'm tanked?

Maybe I'm one of those special cases where my genius comes out only then?
In that case we need to have scientists probe you for the secret sauce so that it can be shared for the benefit of all humanity

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

RT
Ogden
RFM
JMK

Elliot, Stimson and Britt should get look ins but if we want to own the middle its got to be these big mobile boys.
CHN?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wakeham should of started he didnt get a real shot at it.
I thought that we went forward with RT and Ogden on the field.
When Wakeham came on there was no RT,Hoppa,Averillo,Britt which i thought were our best.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He sure did.

Both commentators were beyond woeful, I get they aren't pros but one could barely finish a sentence and the other didn't even know who had the ball half the time
I reckon next year we need to get nrl to make nasheed a commentator for a trial. Couldn’t possibly go worse :p

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Clutching hard bahaha
Yep lol. Our best halves today we're Cogger, Wakeham then Lewis. It's embarrassing for Lachlan at this point

RT
Ogden
RFM
JMK

Elliot, Stimson and Britt will get look ins but if we want to own the middle its got to be these big mobile boys.
Hard to leave Britt out but agree with the rest, happy for him to play left edge if Stimson doesn't fire

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I was impressed with Britt especially on defence he was solid
I didn’t like the signing initially but he’s winning me over

Toomaga was great again but for more so his work off the ball (one on one strip) pushing hard on the inside and shutting down potential raids (no pun intended)

Ogden good as well

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep lol. Our best halves today we're Cogger, Wakeham then Lewis. It's embarrassing for Lachlan at this point

Hard to leave Britt out but agree with the rest, happy for him to play left edge if Stimson doesn't fire
Stimson and Britt can either play through the middle and on an edge... Both should be great depth in case of injuries.