Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Match Thread

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are in DESPERATE need of creative halves. It for sure isnt Lewis and Cogger.

We will no doubt win games but there isn't a hope in hell we will make the 8 by scoring less than 20 points.

Just no creativity at all. Although Katoa looks like he willl get a few try assists.

If only peg leg Foran wasn't injured to pair up with Wakeham because Lewis and Cogger aren't the answer.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Defence was generally good but attack ordinary - passing from dummy half and scrum wins made it difficult for anyone to shine in attack. Not an Okunbor fan but he was good today, as was Britt and Toomaga - hope Tolmans injury isn't serious.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck we are a mess of a footy side. I don't buy the it's only a trial... We tried hard and Canberra were just going through the motions.
6. Wakeham
7. Cogger
Has to be the starting halves pairing and hooker is and will remain a huge issue for us going forward
Few more seeing it

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As predicted second half we had fk all opportunity attacking Raiders line so Wakeham had nil chances to do anything

That Raiders try was CHN fault (go ahead watch the replay and count numbers numb nuts)

Wakeham kicking game is better than Cogger and Lewis

I actually think Pay will go Lewis 6 Wakeham 7 vs Parra

Fk we look awful on attack

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
White Ogden actually had a few good touches, looked to unsettle the defence but needed more support

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
That’s what some people forget mate.

Means nothing end result, I think we will improve from last year. Missing 2 of our best today.
Not to mention it was 28 degrees in 80% humidity.
Some people really need to cool their jets.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So here is what I find concerning.

We actually rely a lot on hoppa at fullback to do cut out passes for a try

Dwz doesn't have a pass on him.

Attack is our Achilles heel

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s where a good kicking game comes in handy too. Ours left a lot to be desired. Lewis has a big boot but there never seems to be much thought or direction behind his kicks.
Force mans back... lol

Seriously didn't see any Sherwin kicks today which was disappointing, that should have been Cogger's ticket but he and no other half stood up in the opposition twenty. It was all hooker...

AND FOR FUX SAKE, its a TRIAL!! Try some grubbers and cross fielders !! Its FREE PRACTICE!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not really, its far better than listening to your painful, monotonous crying about Lewis. Your boy had the 7 on his back for most of the second half with no Lewis and came up with what? Then I read from the experts on here that we should demand to play Cogger and Wakeham together at 6 and 7 .. Now thats clutching hard bro, unless having 30 put on us every game is your idea of good footy and having "real" footy knowledge..

Its a trail, we lost 12-10 had a good hit out with no serious injury's and and beat Cronulla in the other. We look fit and connected in defence, we are going to go ok.
"Had the 7 on his back" bahaha. Fucking laughable, anyone with half a brain can see he never got the opportunity to play at halfback.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
White Ogden actually had a few good touches, looked to unsettle the defence but needed more support
'While' Ogden maybe (unless I'm missing something)? I agree Ogden was pretty good. I liked his defence around the ruck too.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If speedy played footy in his life and can count numbers that was CHN mistake in d
It's very hard to out and out blame anyone in those sort of situation.. the problem normally starts from closer to the play the ball and Canberra won the opportunity to do that with fast play the ball and great forward momentum.. also the FB should be directing player numbers..

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you’re going off form the front row should be Napa and To’omaga. I could be wrong but I think Napa went the 80 and looked great.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Need to show him some old Eric Grothe tapes and feed him some raw steak! Even EG Jnr tapes would do. Frustrating to see that much potential wasted.
Imagine if Jayden ran like DWZ lol every opponent would be copping the Cam Smith treatment

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
'While' Ogden maybe (unless I'm missing something)? I agree Ogden was pretty good. I liked his defence around the ruck too.
nah the other guy they were referring to as Ogden in the second lol I don't know his name

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Highlights

Dean Britt- awesome line speed, good first contact. Big motor. Country Miles ahead of Elliott.
Napa - looks fit and trying hard to motivate the pack.
Oku - wasn’t tested in D today. But his Carries were strong. Finds his tummy and starts the sets well

low lights
Still lacking structure in attack and not
Enough game breakers in the squad

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Both teams were clunky, the trail was just that! And they only won by 2 points. Get over it an get ready for round 1 and let’s see what we can do.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did the commentator just make up the names as he went. He called a white Ogden and a black Ogden in back to back tackles.
Heard that and pml...

He was also calling averillo someone else..