News Bulldogs v Raiders: DWZ a chance; Ricky's halves in unison

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I do.

I also remember the incident where our supporters were supposed to have offended a Souths cheer girl with nasty comments about her.

And the Bottle throwing incident, when a referee was hit, coming off the field at the Good Friday game. Our supporters and players were the worst examples of decency in the history of the game according to the media.

And the one where we "rioted" at a Roosters game in 2004.

Then there were numerous stories of our fans upsetting and attacking innocent supporters of other clubs outside the stadium.

There were so many stories of bad behavior by fans and players during the media feeding frenzy in 2004, that some journalists became addicted, and still need their annual Bulldogs hit to stay focused. Female journos started the NRL "Me Too" movement against us in 2004; and have loved every minute of it, since. Yet they meekly allowed Cronulla to get away with a far worse atrocity against an innocent woman - even giving a top TV host position to the chief offender.

And we wonder why our supporter numbers have dropped.
That's all true although we do have to wear some things. I remember being at some games when flares used to get lit and other stupid behaviour that unfortunately was coming from some 'fans' wearing blue and white.
That led to TG (our CEO at the time) introducing the club's code of conduct that banned those 'supporters' for life for any of that type of behaviour - which I thought was a good move.
So although our record isn't unblemished, we've certainly had a target painted on us by some sections of the media so that's also why I support the 'no leaks and no scoops' policy of the current board.
Buzz, Weidler etc hate us for it and although frustrating for fans at times, when the good announcements come eg: Luke Thompson it makes it all the more satisfying.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I do.

I also remember the incident where our supporters were supposed to have offended a Souths cheer girl with nasty comments about her.

And the Bottle throwing incident, when a referee was hit, coming off the field at the Good Friday game. Our supporters and players were the worst examples of decency in the history of the game according to the media.

And the one where we "rioted" at a Roosters game in 2004.

Then there were numerous stories of our fans upsetting and attacking innocent supporters of other clubs outside the stadium.

There were so many stories of bad behavior by fans and players during the media feeding frenzy in 2004, that some journalists became addicted, and still need their annual Bulldogs hit to stay focused. Female journos started the NRL "Me Too" movement against us in 2004; and have loved every minute of it, since. Yet they meekly allowed Cronulla to get away with a far worse atrocity against an innocent woman - even giving a top TV host position to the chief offender.

And we wonder why our supporter numbers have dropped.
Oh - and we always knew it was a Soufs fan responsible for throwing the bottle...
Bottle.jpg

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So they are letting Curtis Scott play? does that mean the NRL have seen the police body cam footage?
Surely this guy was misbehaving! You dont get pepper sprayed and tazered for no reason.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
They taser 16 year old girls at school with cerebal palsy in Queensland..why not a footy player :grinning:
Surely this guy was misbehaving! You dont get pepper sprayed and tazered for no reason.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Certainly appears to be a lack of consistency but without knowing all the facts it’s hard to say for sure.
It's just odd that they haven't made a decision re round 1 yet he is playing this weekend.. either he is stood down or he is not

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just odd that they haven't made a decision re round 1 yet he is playing this weekend.. either he is stood down or he is not
It's care factor of zero for me anyway. Curtis Scott is their issue. If he avoids punishment for his actions and wins a place in their top 17, good for him. Passing out in the park isn't a good look. But it's not the crime of the century. As long as he takes a lesson out of it I think he's more deserving of a contract than many others that the NRL employs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's care factor of zero for me anyway. Curtis Scott is their issue. If he avoids punishment for his actions and wins a place in their top 17, good for him. Passing out in the park isn't a good look. But it's not the crime of the century. As long as he takes a lesson out of it I think he's more deserving of a contract than many others that the NRL employs.
No it's not, but the events leading up to it and what ensued is what the ruling will be based on

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No it's not, but the events leading up to it and what ensued is what the ruling will be based on
It doesn’t seem like the Integrity commission have much consistency? Maybe I just don’t know all the facts, that’s probably what it is. But didn’t he get physical with the police? Seems that some players get lengthy bans and others nothing but again, don’t know the facts.

That stuff aside, I want him to play, I want our side to play Canberra’s best. It will be a better preparation for the season and we all want to see where were at. It’s not going to get any easier once the season starts.