Trial 2 Bulldogs v Raiders

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If you think or know that Katoa can get 80 minutes then I have land I want to sell you.
The coaching staff I believe, you not so much.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How the fuck is Curtis Scott playing was he cleared or something
Probably the same reason Sivo from Parramatta was allowed to play in the nines and in their trial against Penrith...the NRL are a bunch of pussies and Greenberg has no consistency...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...ka-sivo-s-playing-future-20200224-p543ph.html

The NRL will not stand down Parramatta's Maika Sivo under the no-fault policy, with the Fijian winger set to be allowed to play in round one.
Sources close to the Sivo case expect NRL chief executive Todd Greenberg - who will return from England this week after travelling abroad for the World Club Challenge - to approve the decision to allow the Eels star to play despite facing police charges in his home country.

Complicating matters is the timing of the case, which will be held in Fiji on March 12. The Eels open their NRL campaign on the same day against arch rivals the Canterbury Bulldogs, although Sivo is not required to appear in court.

The NRL originally decided against handing down a sanction for Sivo, preferring to wait until after the matter was in court on February 17, but that has now been adjourned until next month.

The change will force the NRL to make a decision. While Sivo is expected to be free to play in the season opener at Bankwest Stadium, he may still be sanctioned later depending on the court's verdict.

The Eels will also have to make a decision in regards to Sivo's mental state and ability to take the field, potentially within hours of the verdict.
Sivo was charged with indecent annoyance after allegedly touching the skirt of a waitress on Boxing Day during a trip home to Fiji, although the NRL allowed the winger to play in the Nines tournament in Perth.
Under the new no-fault stand down policy, the NRL has the ability to stand the 26-year-old down from playing but, given the charge carries a sentence of less than 11 years, it isn't forced to do so.
Instead, the NRL will apply discretion based on its knowledge of the case, with the NRL Integrity Unit satisfied Sivo can lace on the boots until the matter is resolved in court.

Sivo was a revelation in his rookie NRL season in 2019, developing a cult following at Parramatta after he joined the club from the Penrith Panthers. The Fijian-born winger scored 22 tries in 25 appearances for the Eels last year, earning a new contract in the process.

The NRL's forthcoming decision to allow Sivo to play in round one will be the second time this month the governing body has refrained from applying the no-fault stand down policy, allowing Wests Tigers' Josh Reynolds to play despite charges against him.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh Okay.. hopefully he goes back there. I don't know why the coaching staff don't see what the fans see.
They see what we see, but they also see a vast amount that we don’t see. We base our opinions on what is most likely less than 10% of the information whilst the coaching staff base their opinions on 100% of the information. I think we all know who has the best chance of making the correct decision.

Go Dogs

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
They see what we see, but they also see a vast amount that we don’t see. We base our opinions on what is most likely less than 10% of the information whilst the coaching staff base their opinions on 100% of the information. I think we all know who has the best chance of making the correct decision.

Go Dogs
Yes I know, I've thought about that. They see the players altogether and how they interact. They have to consider team dynamics as well.
But in saying that you could also argue that being so close to the players and at training everyday they may lose objectivity.
There also could be instances were they are pressured into making selections. For example, if you have a player who is very popular among the players
and you drop the player; the coaches may know that this player can be disrupt team harmony then they might just select that player.
They also want to keep a good working relationship with the players.
So, maybe there are various factors that influence team selection

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I know, I've thought about that. They see the players altogether and how they interact. They have to consider team dynamics as well.
But in saying that you could also argue that being so close to the players and at training everyday they may lose objectivity.
There also could be instances were they are pressured into making selections. For example, if you have a player who is very popular among the players
and you drop the player; the coaches may know that this player can be disrupt team harmony then they might just select that player.
They also want to keep a good working relationship with the players.
So, maybe there are various factors that influence team selection
I agree, the decision should always be what is best for the team, not the individual, and picking the combination that gives us the best chance of winning.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is game on nrl app only?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Is game on nrl app only?
Bulldogs app/website too, but think you need an NRL.com account, so it’s possibly the same stream. It’s also on Kayo so assume Fox too.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Can any of those be Chromecast to TV or is there restrictions.
No last I checked - NRL app is mobile device only, limited to a 7” picture and casting ability was removed.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I watched sharks and dogs trial on my tv through the nrl app

Reactions: GDR

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The main 2 points of interest in today's trial are;

* can our apparently anointed 2020 halves show some (any) ability to organise the team (especially Lewis), or does Pay have no choice but to pick Wakeham in Rd1, and
* Can our edge defenders do their job properly.

We can do a reasonable job at most other parts of the game but those 2 areas are our most immediate problems.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I watched sharks and dogs trial on my tv through the nrl app
Really? Just through AirPlay? I know they cut it out of the app a couple of years ago, but maybe they put it back in.
As I said, since I got Kayo I haven't bothered to look at alternatives.
Is it full-screen or limited picture size?