What if we have another bad start to the season?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The day his contract is up piss the **** off, I wouldn't care if he was willing to take a massive pay cut, hopefully we all can be there when he walks out the door, guaranteed he'll end up back with Hasler.
Some idiots will never learn that Foran was finished 5 years ago, I remember one of his team mates saying in his last year at manly that he already had the body of an old man.

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Comments like these annoy the crap out of me. The 'so called supporters' line.

We're ALL supporters, but we just support in different ways. Sure, I'd love for everyone to get behind the team but at the same time they need something to get behind. You can't just ask the supporter gruop to shoulder the responsibility for it all the time. If the team puts in and starts performing. If the coach gives us belief in what he's doing. If we start winning things. I think you'll find more of the supporters you're looking for @Novdoggie
I think you need to go back and look at what I was responding to.

It was a certain user who finds everything positive about the club, nothing to do with Novdoggie, they were just responding to a comment I agreed with. Not everything can be positive 100% of the time, in any case people are free to support the club as they choose and comment as they please just as you have.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
My only question is what halves are potentially out there to get?
That's main reason why I'd resign him. Unless it's someone on contract there isn't anyone. We could offer a big contract to the next up and comer <18. Like what Roosters did with Sam Walker but even more money. That obviously has its own risk and we have one to two halves that could potentially make it already. If we're signing a half probably want someone experienced. But yeah there just isn't anyone off contract. Blake Green's too old.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran will not be at the club next year while Pay is coach as they don’t get along at all.
Why is that? Not questioning the legitimacy of your statement, but would like to know the context behind.. Me personally I think it's because foran wouldn't agree with some of the team selections and game plans pay implements.? The ultimate competitor would not like poor management of a team.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is that? Not questioning the legitimacy of your statement, but would like to know the context behind.. Me personally I think it's because foran wouldn't agree with some of the team selections and game plans pay implements.? The ultimate competitor would not like poor management of a team.
In a nutshell Foran wasn’t happy that Pay told him to medically retire.Foran felt that was disrespectful.They don’t see eye to eye on training,rehab and general player welfare by the great Tony.As you said Foran is a great competitor and thinks he has a few years left at the NRL.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
But you indicate the Coach and CEO support the current conditoning coaches by leaving them in place, even after they had an end of season review and have sacked at least 4 others of the support staff recently.

The program must of changed surely.

If Pay thought Foran should retire, then that's in line with most other Bulldogs supporters and not disrespectful.

Other areas are up for debate on what Foran thinks of Pay and we will see a bit more this afternoon.
In a nutshell Foran wasn’t happy that Pay told him to medically retire.Foran felt that was disrespectful.They don’t see eye to eye on training,rehab and general player welfare by the great Tony.As you said Foran is a great competitor and thinks he has a few years left at the NRL.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Pay thought Foran should retire, then that's in line with most other Bulldogs supporters and not disrespectful.
Don’t you see that it’s a bit different if the actual coach is pushing for a retirement? No idea how true it is but that could easily put a wedge between them. What the fans think is irrelevant.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Yes of course. The coach has far greater weight than us....Just agreeing with Pay's views lol
Don’t you see that it’s a bit different if the actual coach is pushing for a retirement? No idea how true it is but that could easily put a wedge between them. What the fans think is irrelevant.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course Pay would've discussed a medical retirement with Foran, and of course a proud player like Foran, who wants to keep playing and finish on a high, would've felt disrespected in that moment and for a few days after maybe. That's life. Those things happen and then normal adults get on with it, like they seem to have done. Foran is working hard on his rehab and Pay has been publicly very supportive of him.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want foran gone also and his salary has really hurt us. But as a coach and a people manager, Pay should of probably handled the situation a bit better.. that sort of behavior can be toxic to a team especially if foran is well liked amongst the players..

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel for him, but he can go and waste someone elses cap space. We need someone who isn't injured for half of every season.

Go Dongs

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In a nutshell Foran wasn’t happy that Pay told him to medically retire .Foran felt that was disrespectful.They don’t see eye to eye on training,rehab and general player welfare by the great Tony.As you said Foran is a great competitor and thinks he has a few years left at the NRL.
"In a nutshell Foran wasn’t happy that Pay told him to medically retire"

Its this line that makes me respect Pay a little more. Fuck Foran, he has only his own interests in mind and certainly not the club or his team mates.. The bloke still puts himself on the same pedestal as the current million $ players but forgets he hasn't been that guy for 5+ years and never will again. We have only seen glimpes of what he was and if the prick comes back we will see the same again, glimpses.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Other side to it is Pay needs to stamp his authority and club first culture...not in any way to be seen as pandering or sympathetic and soft to a million plus player who is injury prone....having an expensive liability in a tight salary cap affects team harmony as well.

We were bagging Pay and Hill for appearing to be ok with Foran and his value for money to the club....only realistic for the coach to really put it on a guy who isn't on the field more than 50% of his contract and stubbornly talking to the press about his tenth? recovery and jeopardising the sc relief we were negotiating.
I want foran gone also and his salary has really hurt us. But as a coach and a people manager, Pay should of probably handled the situation a bit better.. that sort of behavior can be toxic to a team especially if foran is well liked amongst the players..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Other side to it is Pay needs to stamp his authority and club first culture...not in any way to be seen as pandering or sympathetic and soft to a million plus player who is injury prone....having an expensive liability in a tight salary cap affects team harmony as well.

We were bagging Pay and Hill for appearing to be ok with Foran and his value for money to the club....only realistic for the coach to really put it on a guy who isn't on the field more than 50% of his contract and stubbornly talking to the press about his tenth? recovery and jeopardising the sc relief we were negotiating.
The modern day human being, little own rugby league superstar, are very fickle..

The best coaches in the world are people manager. Actually the best businessman in the world are people managers.. if you think that a hard nose approach works in this day and age, then you are very much mistaken.. everybody knows their rights these days..

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
50/50 chance we get flogged in Rd 1 again tbh

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wtf I love Dean Pay now