More on Foxtel's slow death

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Was a customer since 1996, didn't repay the loyalty so they can go fuck themselves.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Foxtel deserve to die because news corp sabotaged the nbn trying to keep streaming down

kayo is ok but I cant wait until 5 or 10 different companies get in there to really fuck it up for Murdoch

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Was a customer since 1996, didn't repay the loyalty so they can go fuck themselves.
What did it for me is how they kept giving away free sign up package deals to new customers!

Essentially the high price existing customers were paying was covering the costs of new customers.

If I still had foxtel, I'd be stuck mainly watching Louis Theroux on BBC knowledge.

There aren't many good journalists in this world but he is one of them.

He covers a lot of important issues which most other mainstream outlets don't.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What did it for me is how they kept giving away free sign up package deals to new customers!

Essentially the high price existing customers were paying was covering the costs of new customers.

If I still had foxtel, I'd be stuck mainly watching Louis Theroux on BBC knowledge.

I love Louis!

They are all on Stan now, probably watched each docco about 10 times now lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I love Louis!

They are all on Stan now, probably watched each docco about 10 times now lol
I took note of Louis when he got bullied by the juicehead in the WCW powerplant back in the late 90s.

I like how he uses his intelligence to act simple in order to get information out of people.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't the article more about the death of the old-school pay tv with a box set up?

Foxtel worked when there were no real alternatives, but now it is is vastly more expensive than the others (although it does, in view have the most and best overall content). I definitely see Foxtel going to streaming only at the very least, and maybe being broken up between sport and other offerings, so it can better compete with Netflix, Stan etc.

I only had kept Foxtel as my parents were using one of my log ins (helping to justify the cost). That's no longer the case. And, as 90% of my Foxtel viewing is sport, I'm probably going switch to Kayo shortly.
I’ve switched to Kayo. Vastly superior to fox in regards to sports and only $25 per month.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

I agree Louis Theroux is a good journalists. I really enjoy his documentaries that he does. I like too how he gets hands on with what ever it is he is doing too.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree Louis Theroux is a good journalists. I really enjoy his documentaries that he does. I like too how he gets hands on with what ever it is he is doing too.
Yeah its like he knows he is a weak nerdy geek Brit with French ancestry but he will still have a go!

He has to know though.
When a black kid runs from the cops in Philadelphia they're not innocent!

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like many others, I got rid of foxtel last year. I was paying about $120 a month, basically just for the footy, cause everything else on the other channels I like I'd already had downloaded anyhows. It shit me a bit (a lot) that new Foxtel customers get offered all channels for about $50 a month, and get every channel. I'd been with them more than twelve years and was paying $120 a month, and I still didn't get all the channels ffs. Trialing Kayo (yes, I know it's basically Foxtel lite), and so far so good. Using a basic Chromecast linked to my laptop, and everything is going great so far. $100 a month cheaper.