News Bulldogs v Raiders: DWZ a chance; Ricky's halves in unison

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canberra will have their first 80-minute hit-out since last year's grand final when they face Canterbury in Port Macquarie on Saturday.

The Bulldogs took a strong squad to Port Moresby in Papua New Guinea last weekend and emerged with a solid 30-18 win over Cronulla.

The squads will engage in community activities in the lead-up to the match as the north coast region recovers from the devastating bushfires.
The Rundown
Team News
Bulldogs: Adam Elliott, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham, Christian Crichton, Corey Hawira-Naera, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Britt, Dylan Napa, Isaiah Tass, Jack Cogger, Jake Averillo, Jayden Okunbor, Joe Stimson, Josh Jackson, Kerrod Holland, Lachlan Lewis, Morgan Harper, Ofahiki Ogden, Reimis Smith, Renouf To'omaga, Sione Katoa, Will Hopoate

Captain Josh Jackson (fractured nose) and fellow back-rower Adam Elliott are back from injuries. Fullback Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has been named but will be assessed in regards to playing after suffering back bruising while on Maori All Stars duty last weekend. Indigenous All Stars forward Chris Smith sustained a torn MCL and a partially torn ACL and will be out for at least 12 weeks. Sauaso Sue (knee), Marcelo Montoya (knee), Raymond Faitala-Mariner (ankle), Jeremy Marshall-King (shoulder) and Nick Meaney (hamstring) are unavailable.

Raiders: Jarrod Croker (c), Nick Cotric, Matt Frawley, Emre Guler, Siliva Havili, Josh Hodgson (c), Corey Horsburgh, Dunamis Lui, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Kai O’Donnell, Michael Oldfield, Josh Papalii, Curtis Scott, Bailey Simonsson, Harley Smith-Shields, Sia Soliola, Daine Spencer, Ryan Sutton, Joe Tapine, Matt Timoko, Semi Valemei, Elliott Whitehead, Jack Wighton, George Williams, Sam Williams, Hudson Young.

A strong squad has been named with 13 members of last year's grand final side taking part. Former Storm centre Curtis Scott is set to make his club debut, while Jack Wighton and George Williams will link in the halves for the first time. English enforcer John Bateman (shoulder) is the only notable absentee.
The big question
Bulldogs: Who steps up in the pack? With Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Chris Smith to miss round one with injuries, there's a chance for fringe players to establish themselves in the 17. Off-season recruits Dean Britt and Joe Stimson look to be jostling to partner Josh Jackson in the second-row
Raiders: Will the halves combination click from the get-go? New No.7 George Williams only arrived in Australia in January and is yet to play alongside Clive Churchill Medal winner Jack Wighton. Both men are both running playmakers and it will be interesting to see their chemistry

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So they are letting Curtis Scott play? does that mean the NRL have seen the police body cam footage?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So they are letting Curtis Scott play? does that mean the NRL have seen the police body cam footage?
TG has seen the footage but apparently was waiting on additional evidence before making a call. Don’t know what’s happened since but perhaps they can’t yet apply any ruling, hence he’s playing.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
TG has seen the footage but apparently was waiting on additional evidence before making a call. Don’t know what’s happened since but perhaps they can’t yet apply any ruling, hence he’s playing.
ah k.. seems they are happy to hang certain players out to dry but other players nothing

A

Alexander the Great

Yes he is allowed to play because his leg rep now is good friends with the nsw police commissioner. The matter will be swept under the carpet In a trade off for Curtis to play.

If he stuck with his original lawyer he would have been stood down and would have faced court which would have got him the win and the possible outcome taking the nsw police to court for big $$$$ in the civil courts.

Curtis really is a dumb ****

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
ah k.. seems they are happy to hang certain players out to dry but other players nothing
Certainly appears to be a lack of consistency but without knowing all the facts it’s hard to say for sure.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
30-16 dogs way
Just like the trial between them in Tamworth years back.
I’m a tamworth local missed out on that game though. Read about it through the kennel

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
30-16 dogs way
Just like the trial between them in Tamworth years back.
I’m a tamworth local missed out on that game though. Read about it through the kennel
I came close to starting a fight at that trial. I went with my sister and a couple of nephews. One of my nephews has a learning disability and is pretty overweight. He basically had the top of his undies poking out over the top of his jeans and this bloke was commenting on it throughout the game with the same shithouse joke that he thought was hilarious. Fortunately my nephew didn't pick up on it, unfortunately I did. But I didn't enjoy the game because of that dickhead. In the end it wasn't worth the trouble I'd have earned myself for kicking the fuckwits teeth out. But it was very tempting to do so.

I've been to a couple of the legends games there as well as that trial. It's a pity they're not stil running the legends games there.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
And still elliott was treated worse for far less what a joke

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I came close to starting a fight at that trial. I went with my sister and a couple of nephews. One of my nephews has a learning disability and is pretty overweight. He basically had the top of his undies poking out over the top of his jeans and this bloke was commenting on it throughout the game with the same shithouse joke that he thought was hilarious. Fortunately my nephew didn't pick up on it, unfortunately I did. But I didn't enjoy the game because of that dickhead. In the end it wasn't worth the trouble I'd have earned myself for kicking the fuckwits teeth out. But it was very tempting to do so.

I've been to a couple of the legends games there as well as that trial. It's a pity they're not stil running the legends games there.
Yeah quite a few fuckheads there but their in every town.
Idk if I would of been able to control myself as much as you did though haha I would of done something about it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And still elliott was treated worse for far less what a joke
Yes but that was mostly driven by Limited News and their desire to have a shot at our club no matter what. Remember the ‘Bulldog and a Bomb’ front page from 2017? Grubs...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah quite a few fuckheads there but their in every town.
Idk if I would of been able to control myself as much as you did though haha I would of done something about it.
Part of it was not wanting to let my sister and nephews know that it was happening. They were blissfully ignorant of it and enjoyed the game a lot. I noticed because I moved up the hill a bit at one stage when people in front of me were standing up.

I copped about 6 suspensions at school for starting fights and learned to control my temper when I was about 14. I've done some martial arts since then but I've only been in two fights since 14. One was avoidable and the other wasn't. The martial arts actual helped with controlling my temper to an extent over the years. It would have been immensely satisfying to have done something but not worth potentially copping a criminal record when I was the only one in my little group that even noticed it.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Part of it was not wanting to let my sister and nephews know that it was happening. They were blissfully ignorant of it and enjoyed the game a lot. I noticed because I moved up the hill a bit at one stage when people in front of me were standing up.

I copped about 6 suspensions at school for starting fights and learned to control my temper when I was about 14. I've done some martial arts since then but I've only been in two fights since 14. One was avoidable and the other wasn't. The martial arts actual helped with controlling my temper to an extent over the years. It would have been immensely satisfying to have done something but not worth potentially copping a criminal record when I was the only one in my little group that even noticed it.
Yeah that’s fair enough. I haven’t learnt to control my anger yet and I’m 23 haha which has unfortunately led to my long criminal record

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing but a big boys club at the end of the day
Absolutely no transparency by the shonky NRL management and double standards to the highest degree
Not to mention the extreme dislike for our club which is quite evident
No wonder people have lost confidence in this great game.
Enough said

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to ask, is this game being streamed on dogs website?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah that’s fair enough. I haven’t learnt to control my anger yet and I’m 23 haha which has unfortunately led to my long criminal record
It's well worth looking into some anger management techniques. You never know when things will go further than you'd like them to and get you into more trouble than you'd like. The instant stress release that fighting gives might some day feel like a poor option if it means you face serious consequences as a result.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's well worth looking into some anger management techniques. You never know when things will go further than you'd like them to and get you into more trouble than you'd like. The instant stress release that fighting gives might some day feel like a poor option if it means you face serious consequences as a result.
Yeah just got into the gym helps keep my mind straight. wasted last year in a cell not going to waste any more of my time in a place like that

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes but that was mostly driven by Limited News and their desire to have a shot at our club no matter what. Remember the ‘Bulldog and a Bomb’ front page from 2017? Grubs...
Yes I do.

I also remember the incident where our supporters were supposed to have offended a Souths cheer girl with nasty comments about her.

And the Bottle throwing incident, when a referee was hit, coming off the field at the Good Friday game. Our supporters and players were the worst examples of decency in the history of the game according to the media.

And the one where we "rioted" at a Roosters game in 2004.

Then there were numerous stories of our fans upsetting and attacking innocent supporters of other clubs outside the stadium.

There were so many stories of bad behavior by fans and players during the media feeding frenzy in 2004, that some journalists became addicted, and still need their annual Bulldogs hit to stay focused. Female journos started the NRL "Me Too" movement against us in 2004; and have loved every minute of it, since. Yet they meekly allowed Cronulla to get away with a far worse atrocity against an innocent woman - even giving a top TV host position to the chief offender.

And we wonder why our supporter numbers have dropped.