News Campo’s Corner preview: Bulldogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jackson, Britt, Thompson when he comes will all be better options than Lewis at lock. Lewis can't even use his frame as a half, doubt he can use it in the forwards lol.
Honestly his only useful position for the club is either on a poster or in front of a camera, because he's a media darling

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pretty objective summary of our position. I think our roster is better than it was in 2019 as we have more depth for our bench choices. I think that gives us a stronger 80 minutes of footy than we had last year. The foran injury left us with a set of halves that means we really have to defend our way to victory in 2020 because we lack creative strike.
Wakeham is creative.
Cogger is too.
And I love the way Lewis plays.

I wonder how Cogger and Wakeham go together. Ive never considered that combo.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I just don't understand the sentiment of having a half in a team on the basis of defense..

Lewis provides zero in attack and likewise in organisation..

If we had a great defensive centre on that side of the field, then Lewis would actually not contribute anything to the team...
I like the way Lewis plays, when he's on he demonstrates significant potential. But I agree about Wakeham, I think everyone thinks Wakeham should be the no.7

I guess it's a good problem to have, 3 halves that can all play

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis provides zero in attack and likewise in organisation.
You really are just a bit negatively biased when it comes to Lewis aren't you? "Zero in attack", OK then, how do you explain the 11 forced drop outs, 8 line break assists, 5 try assists and 5 offloads last season? That's 29 examples and last time I checked 29 was more than 0. I would also add 358 average kick metres per game, which is far from shabby. Does he do it often enough, of course not, but it achieves nothing by claiming zero when a simple stats check proves that not to be the case.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You really are just a bit negatively biased when it comes to Lewis aren't you? "Zero in attack", OK then, how do you explain the 11 forced drop outs, 8 line break assists, 5 try assists and 5 offloads last season? That's 29 examples and last time I checked 29 was more than 0. I would also add 358 average kick metres per game, which is far from shabby. Does he do it often enough, of course not, but it achieves nothing by claiming zero when a simple stats check proves that not to be the case.

Go Dogs
Watch the tapes and let me know how many of those try assists or line breaks assists aren't the result of a bomb or cutout ball to the wing.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will be fine this year , can’t see us starting the year shit like the other 2 years.. the teams a good mix of talent and hard work, but Stimson , chn should provide flair on the edges. The person who scares me for leaking points is Okunbor

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just don't understand the sentiment of having a half in a team on the basis of defense..

If we had a great defensive centre on that side of the field, then Lewis would actually not contribute anything to the team...
Lol are you serious ? Go back and watch the game against the broncos , he’s unorthodox but a great asset, also a monster in defence. I guess we should just get Matt Frawley back Ay?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol are you serious ? Go back and watch the game against the broncos , he’s unorthodox but a great asset, also a monster in defence. I guess we should just get Matt Frawley back Ay?
Yeah I'm serious and nah I'd rather not watch replays of him because he gives me anxiety

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think people need to stop talking about the back end of last season, that’s dead and buried in the water... it’s a new season now, it really means nothing now what we did.
Always good to build off it but your right the focus should be nothing more than getting off to a decent start.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

But its not based on defense... It based on the fact he has the highest win percentage of the halves available. That might be a lie but I'm pretty sure its true.

I like Cogger but Lewis should be partnered with Wakeham before Cogger.

As I said earlier if Lewis doesn't work out than its always easier to sell Lewis than it is Cogger.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
But its not based on defense... It based on the fact he has the highest win percentage of the halves available. That might be a lie but I'm pretty sure its true.

I like Cogger but Lewis should be partnered with Wakeham before Cogger.

As I said earlier if Lewis doesn't work out than its always easier to sell Lewis than it is Cogger.
Don't always believe stats they are not always a true indication of events..

You don't need stats to see that we are clueless and rudderless in the opposition 20 when Lewis is the dominant half..

That's half the problem of modern coaches.. they rely on stats far too much..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't always believe stats they are not always a true indication of events..

You don't need stats to see that we are clueless and rudderless in the opposition 20 when Lewis is the dominant half..

That's half the problem of modern coaches.. they rely on stats far too much..
Its true though they do mean something at the end of the day.

Opposition 20... Cogger is no superstar either and that's why Wakeham is in the team.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The article didnt mention the impact of renouf and rfm coming from the bench. Imo they are as instrumental as dwz in the form improvement at back end of the season

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Opposition 20... Cogger is no superstar either and that's why Wakeham is in the team.
Cogger was never given the opportunity to be the dominant half.. if Lewis has the higher try assists (7-9), it's because Lewis gets the ball on the last at least 3 times more than cogger..so law of averages..., hence why stats are deceiving.. but cogger scored 3 tries to none, therefore making him a better contributor for tries with less less attempts.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Here's another stat.. cogger missed 40 tackles and Lewis missed 31.. not much of a difference considering one is meant to be the Best defender on Earth and the other is meant to be the worst..

Perception is a strange thing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The article didnt mention the impact of renouf and rfm coming from the bench. Imo they are as instrumental as dwz in the form improvement at back end of the season
Fingers crossed To'omaga starts again in the trial and performs well enough that Pay's forced to start him come round 1.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Here's another stat.. cogger missed 40 tackles and Lewis missed 31.. not much of a difference considering one is meant to be the Best defender on Earth and the other is meant to be the worst..

Perception is a strange thing.
One depends on Jacko and the other defends with CHN... anything else bro?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cogger was never given the opportunity to be the dominant half.. if Lewis has the higher try assists (7-9), it's because Lewis gets the ball on the last at least 3 times more than cogger..so law of averages..., hence why stats are deceiving.. but cogger scored 3 tries to none, therefore making him a better contributor for tries with less less attempts.
Yes he was...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One depends on Jacko and the other defends with CHN... anything else bro?
Jacko missed a lot of tackles last year, some of them lead directly to tries... Jacko defense was nothing to be proud last especially early on..

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jacko missed a lot of tackles last year, some of them lead directly to tries... Jacko defense was nothing to be proud last especially early on..
He defended next to Foran early in the season and was recovering from surgery.

Listen I don't hate Cogger, I love him as bulldog but at this stage I just think Lewis adds more to the team than Cogger. Its Lewis time to prove himself and whoever starts the season in reggies will be knocking on the door.