doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a flog of a bloke he needs some **** to knock him out as a wake up call

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't remember losing Ennis for that game.. assuming you're thinking of the 2014 team for Mbye? by all means am I not saying we didn't have a good team across the park... I think that 2012 beats most premiership teams of the decade and even other premiership Storm teams but we just had the worst luck in the fact that they had every member of the big 3 play that game and they all had blinders... I will say that if any players looked better with Benny there it was Keating and Josh Reynolds
I stand corrected in regards to the year. In 2012 Melbourne really came up with a strategy to nullify the offloads. And that was the key to our success all year. But I still think Barbas great year was based on the fact that second phase play gave him more room to move than he'd had before or since.

But the loss of Ennis was a big blow in 2014. It looked like we were in trouble from early in the game without him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I stand corrected in regards to the year. In 2012 Melbourne really came up with a strategy to nullify the offloads. And that was the key to our success all year. But I still think Barbas great year was based on the fact that second phase play gave him more room to move than he'd had before or since.

But the loss of Ennis was a big blow in 2014. It looked like we were in trouble from early in the game without him.
I don’t think we were ever in the game in ‘14. Pains me to say it but Soufs had too much quality that year. So yes, the Menace was definitely a loss.

In ‘12 the Storm just did the simple things right. I remember J-Moz was first to the ball after a clearing kick and should’ve scored but Slater snuck up behind him and dislodged the ball - J-Moz looked like he didn’t even see him coming - simple executions...

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Brett Dallas is also from Mackay.... coincidence...

(having said that half of my family is also from there).

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I we were ever in the game in ‘14. Pains me to say it but Soufs had too much quality that year. So yes, the Menace was definitely a loss.

In ‘12 the Storm just did the simple things right. I remember J-Moz was first to the ball after a clearing kick and should’ve scored but Slayer snuck up behind him and dislodged the ball - J-Moz looked like he didn’t even see him coming - simple executions...
I don't feel as much pain for 2014 as I do 2012 because in 2014 we weren't even the second best team.. we just got lucky in that the Cowboys were dudded in their semi

We were blown off the park early in 2012 and Storm were never going to lose from there unfortunately... too much experience, too clinical

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't feel as much pain for 2014 as I do 2012 because in 2014 we weren't even the second best team.. we just got lucky in that the Cowboys were dudded in their semi

We were blown off the park early in 2012 and Storm were never going to lose from there unfortunately... too much experience, too clinical
A loss is a loss, Storm hurt less for me at 14-4 than 36-12 when the floodgates opened against the Wabbits. I don’t consider myself a bad sport but I left the stadium with 3min to go rather than watch 80k Soufs fans (half of them fairweather) acting all smug. Ugh.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A loss is a loss, Storm hurt less for me at 14-4 than 36-12 when the floodgates opened against the Wabbits. I don’t consider myself a bad sport but I left the stadium with 3min to go rather than watch 80k Soufs fans (half of them fairweather) acting all smug. Ugh.

I see what you're saying but I think it's harder when you're the top team all season.. and also I don't think it mattered who played Souths in 2014 they were given a comfortable ride all season and were never going to lose

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
someone show me where barba is in this game?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I see what you're saying but I think it's harder when you're the top team all season.. and also I don't think it mattered who played Souths in 2014 they were given a comfortable ride all season and were never going to lose
A pattern??
upload_2020-2-28_17-45-8.jpeg

At least the Thredbo (minus 12) Eels didn’t win one... :-).

Attachments

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Bulldogs against Melbourne after barba left

2014 Rnd 4: W40-12
2014 Rnd 18: W6-4 with Trex in the halves and mitch browne fullback
2014 Elimination Final: W28-4
2015 Rnd 16: W20-4
2016 Rnd 6: W18-12

so don't worry about the big 3, we had the Perrett

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Former NRL star Ben Barba to remain in custody after alleged assault on brother-in-law

Fallen rugby league superstar Ben Barba will remain behind bars for a second night after an alleged violent assault against his brother-in-law.
Barba – who in 2012 was named the NRL’s best player – was arrested in Mackay on Wednesday and charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The alleged victim is Adrian Currie, the brother of Barba’s partner Ainslie Currie.

Barba spent a night in custody and on Thursday morning appeared via video link in Mackay Magistrates Court.

The 32-year-old’s matter was adjourned to Friday, meaning another night in the lockup.

Two further charges will be presented when he appears for mention on Friday.

A conviction for assault occasioning actual bodily harm carries a maximum penalty of seven years jail.

Barba’s illustrious – yet troubled – 10-year football career began with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in 2008 and later included stints with the Brisbane Broncos and Cronulla Sharks.

The fullback won the Dally M Medal as the game’s best player in 2012, scoring 22 tries in a season where the Bulldogs were beaten in the grand final by Melbourne.

He was punted by the Sharks in 2016 after testing positive to cocaine and played French rugby and league with English side St Helens while serving his ban.

In 2019 Barba signed a $400,000-a-year contract with North Queensland Cowboys but was sacked before playing a game and banned from the NRL indefinitely.

The decision came after footage emerged of Barba in an alleged “physical altercation” with his partner Ms Currie. She declined to press charges.

In 2021 Barba lined up with Mackay side Carltons.

Stevo316

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Former NRL star Ben Barba to remain in custody after alleged assault on brother-in-law

Fallen rugby league superstar Ben Barba will remain behind bars for a second night after an alleged violent assault against his brother-in-law.
Barba – who in 2012 was named the NRL’s best player – was arrested in Mackay on Wednesday and charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The alleged victim is Adrian Currie, the brother of Barba’s partner Ainslie Currie.

Barba spent a night in custody and on Thursday morning appeared via video link in Mackay Magistrates Court.

The 32-year-old’s matter was adjourned to Friday, meaning another night in the lockup.

Two further charges will be presented when he appears for mention on Friday.

A conviction for assault occasioning actual bodily harm carries a maximum penalty of seven years jail.

Barba’s illustrious – yet troubled – 10-year football career began with the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs in 2008 and later included stints with the Brisbane Broncos and Cronulla Sharks.

The fullback won the Dally M Medal as the game’s best player in 2012, scoring 22 tries in a season where the Bulldogs were beaten in the grand final by Melbourne.

He was punted by the Sharks in 2016 after testing positive to cocaine and played French rugby and league with English side St Helens while serving his ban.

In 2019 Barba signed a $400,000-a-year contract with North Queensland Cowboys but was sacked before playing a game and banned from the NRL indefinitely.

The decision came after footage emerged of Barba in an alleged “physical altercation” with his partner Ms Currie. She declined to press charges.

In 2021 Barba lined up with Mackay side Carltons.

This guy had it all!! would rather drugs and violence over what he had in talent. Very sad

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
hahaha what a knob
Remember when he brought the heat to Idris and Idris put him in his place :tearsofjoy:

As above though, very sad. He'd wreck the NRL with the way it is played today.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still think assault should be judged on the circumstances.
Some people push their luck.
Why have justifiable homicide but a punch is jail?