News ‘Don’t pay overs’: Paul Gallen hits back at Dean Pay over Kieran Foran salary cap relief

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It took Cronulla 50 years to win the premiership...
They achieved it taking drugs and cheating the cap !!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
My worry is The National Rorts League are trying to do it to us...
I do not trust them !!!
Will never, ever happen no matter who tries. There's clubs that can barely keep things afloat which could be easily relocated, we're not one of them.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The point is, if a true superstar like Teddy tore his ACL and the Roosters wanted 800k or whatever he's on for compensation, Gallen would be protesting on behalf of the Roosters that they should be covered for his full salary. And rightly so.

Just because Foran is washed up and is massively overpaid, it doesn't mean the rule doesn't need fixing and Hill shouldn't be pointing out how flawed the rule is.

As others have said, Cronulla have overpaid half their squad on deals as bad as Foran's..

If Johnson was injured for the Kiwis you can bet he'd want his full salary paid for and wouldn't mention how overpaid he, Woods and Moylan etc are..
Josh Dugan the tampon... enough said!

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
What a load of Rubbish from Gallen. It takes great lengths and expenses to get any descent player to your club...then to have that player perform within that club... Takes commitment, management and responsibility. If he does then get picked to play rep footy isn't he then promoting the game of the NRL?? They can't have their cake and eat it too!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't wait till the Sharts fold/relocate...
the only thing they had going for them was their grit on the field in previous seasons but they are going away from that by moving those types of players on and replacing them with touch footballers.. once they return to the bottom of the ladder I think it's going to seal their fate