Movie Discussion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
As a fan of the Indiana Jones movies..apart from the Crystal Skull..the new upcoming film is worrying me.. Not only has the script been rewritten a number of times..had a couple of different screenwriters..they’ve actually gone back to the original guy working on it..David Keopp..the ‘genius’ who gave us the Crystal Skull.. Additionally Harrison Ford will be 78..now I’m a believer that age is just a number..but pushing 80 is stretching it for an action adventure character of Indy’s physical requirements.. And today I’ve learnt Spielberg will step aside as director..remaining as producer..and his likely replacement will be Logan director James Magnold..I must say he did a great a job with an ageing hero in Wolverine.. Add the fact Lucas, who isn’t involved, means the two guys who gave us the beloved character have none or a limited role.

It all sounds a little shaky.. To me Indy should have been retired a longtime ago..perhaps a fourth film during the 90s..but it’s gone on too long now..it’s time to create as new character..and please please don’t give me a reboot in the future Disney.. As Henry Jones Snr said, ‘Indiana, let it go...’
They should have got someone else, said it was Indiana Jones's son named Indiana Jones Jr. Or just not bother making another one.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love thrillers, especially a physiological thriller.. but seen them all on Netflix, haven’t seen a good one with a good story in soo long. The saw movies were epic an they haven’t made anything as good since..!! Not into fake horrors or anything though.

the new Dracula series on Netflix is really good though...!!
Have you watched Geralds Game? I fell asleep (I was tired as ) but my girlfriend watched it. She thought it was ok for a psychological horror/thriller.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Have you watched Geralds Game? I fell asleep (I was tired as ) but my girlfriend watched it. She thought it was ok for a psychological horror/thriller.
Yup lol, but after 20 mins I got bored and switched it off, didn’t keep me interested long enough.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Right you are sir.!! Think it’s more so a movie women would like an find more interesting than men lol.
Case in point when I said my girlfriend liked it while I was in snooze land haha.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
We didn't go see it as my girlfriend was feeling ill so we might see it this weekend.
Ok brother I’ll hit you up on Monday - I might watch it next weekend if you recommend it :-)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ok brother I’ll hit you up on Monday - I might watch it next weekend if you recommend it :-)
I watched it yesterday. It wasn't bad. Bit of a feelgood movie with some humour in the mix.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I watched it yesterday. It wasn't bad. Bit of a feelgood movie with some humour in the mix.
Worth it for adults? The session times suggest it’s a kiddy movie lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worth it for adults? The session times suggest it’s a kiddy movie lol
I think they've catered to the fact that Sonic has been around for long enough that some people who loved the game would want to see it. So while it's not on the same level as Shrek with adult jokes among humour for kids. It has some pretty funny moments. But it is probably more of a kids movie. I found Jim Carrey a bit annoying in it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
D66868F8-916B-4EFB-A66E-4446B6C65E12.jpeg
Just watched another very good movie, it’s called- 3 from hell. produced, and created by Rob Zombie, so you know it will be good...!!

bloodthirsty killers break out after 10 years in prison, itching to settle scores, unleash chaos and carnage on anything that moves.

Rob Zombies wife is in it.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
View attachment 13336 Just watched another very good movie, it’s called- 3 from hell. produced, and created by Rob Zombie, so you know it will be good...!!

bloodthirsty killers break out after 10 years in prison, itching to settle scores, unleash chaos and carnage on anything that moves.

Added to my watch list bro.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 13336 Just watched another very good movie, it’s called- 3 from hell. produced, and created by Rob Zombie, so you know it will be good...!!

This stunk worse than a hobos armpit